SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

Just watching Smackdown, I know I hated it when Christian lost the title but actually I think this has done wonders for him, and produces some classic matches and an exciting and unpredictable star jumping Randy Orton. Fair play wwe.

Also I'm growing tiresome of Big Zeke, coming down to the ring smiling like a dick, who does he think he is Mark Henry circa 2010? Give Cody Rhodes the IC Title! Or else make Big Zeke a heel.

My man D-Bry has sexy new tights too.

Great show overall, a lot of variation too which is always key. Sheamus vs Barrett kicking the shit out of each other, great rasslin between Slater and DB, exciting match from Orton and Kane, and Christian and Zeke was decent enough. Poor Kane, awesome moment when Mizark came down and Kanes expressions were fantastic. Looked like he knew what was coming and decided to go down swinging. Fantastic.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was struck by a case of the Stupid Smirks again though.

Isn't that a part of his 'gimmick' though? In a sort of 'I can't believe I'm having to explain myself', sort of way. I use it when I'm arguing with the missus all the time.

• Paid Members

If anyone is going to start taking Daniel Bryan seriously, and treat him as a World Title contender, he needs to change his music asap. I cant help but think 'prat' everytime he comes out.

• Paid Members
If anyone is going to start taking Daniel Bryan seriously, and treat him as a World Title contender, he needs to change his music asap. I cant help but think 'prat' everytime he comes out.

I totally agree. On the first episode of NXT I absolutely took him seriously, he was brilliantly booked. On his Nexus debut I took him seriously. Heck, when he returned at Summerslam I could buy him. But right now he feels like a joke to me, and a huge part of that is his goofy theme music. I don't know if he's going for "Apocalypse Now" or for one of the many parodys it's been used for since then, but whatever the case it makes him look like a total goofball.

I totally agree. On the first episode of NXT I absolutely took him seriously, he was brilliantly booked. On his Nexus debut I took him seriously. Heck, when he returned at Summerslam I could buy him. But right now he feels like a joke to me, and a huge part of that is his goofy theme music. I don't know if he's going for "Apocalypse Now" or for one of the many parodys it's been used for since then, but whatever the case it makes him look like a total goofball.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. The music, combined with the way he runs to the ring slapping his thigh, looks like he's shouting 'giddy up, horsey!'....

I just don't see Daniel Bryan holding onto the briefcase and going for the world title at Wrestlemania.

A heel turn and a quick cash with a Michael Cole assist and then setting up an alliance between the two of them looks likely to me at this point.

• Paid Members

April 1st anyone? Now what's so significant about that date that may lead me to believe little D-Bry is just pulling our legs. Making fools of us all, some might say.

I wonder...

As much as I agree, I can't see WWE changing it. They'll have paid top whack for the rights to use it.

I would like to see a Wade Barrett/Sheamus alliance to be honest.

I hope they have a rematch next week, kicking the absolute shite out of each other again, only for Sheamus to stop the match, grab a microphone and say to Wade "fancy a pint fella", to which Wade agrees.

Then for the rest of the show they could film vignettes of them in a bar talking about there plan to take over the WWE.

Saying that, i think Sheamus could be a fantastic face character for the WWE, i just don't think its time yet.

As much as I agree, I can't see WWE changing it. They'll have paid top whack for the rights to use it.

They'll have paid little or nothing really. It's un-copyrighted music, so free to use for anyone. Though, you'd still have to pay whoever owns the particular version they are using, or otherwise they could pay some musicians to record them a copy of it, and all they'd pay is for the actual recording session.

(Sorry, if you were joking, by the way)

Archived