SMACKDOWN SPOILERS

PowerButchi

• Moderators
Credit: Mike Holm and Pwinsider.com

Dark Match:

* Michael McGillicutty beat Trent Barreta.

WWE Superstars:

* Justin Gabriel beat Tyson Kidd with the 450 splash.

* Alicia Fox beat Natalya.

Smackdown:

* The show opened with Randy Orton in the ring. He referenced the changing of the guard at the end of Raw and then talked MITB and called our Christian. He came out on the stage and said that when he spit on Orton at the PPV it was an accident. Orton demanded his rematch but Teddy Long told him he was booked against Kane in a streetfight tonight. Orton got mad and went after Christian. After that broke up, Long told Christian he had to face Big Zeke.

* Christian beat Zeke with the Killswitch. Either they are behind Christian as champ or Zeke is on his way down. I am not sure which it is.

* Michael Cole interviewed the "you got lucky" MITB winner Daniel Bryan. Cole was a jerk to him and said he would cash in the title when the champ was down. Bryan blew Cole off and said he earned the title shot was announcing right now that he will cash in the shot at WrestleMania XXVIII.

* Bryan then beat Heath Slater in a long, good match.

* Mark Henry did a promo saying he was happy to destroy and hurt Big Show.

* Sheamus and Wade Barrett brawled to a no decision on the floor. It could have been a count out. Sheamus got the upper hand at the end laying out Barrett with the Brogue Kick. The crowd was behind Sheamus.

* Kane did a promo and then had his street fight with Orton. This was a good back and forth match. Both guys got out of the other's finisher. Orton finally won with the RKO and they shook hands in respect after the match.

Odds on Bryan to lose the briefcase before then?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Odds on Bryan to lose the briefcase before then?

I hope not, I like the idea of them slowly building interest in Bryan between now and mania as the massive underdog, even if he doesn't win the belt it could elevate Bryan brilliantly, especially as he has such an unconventional style, and seems to be at least relatively popular.

• Paid Members

I very much doubt that Bryan will wrestle for the belt at Wrestlemania but it's a ogod thing to give his character some momentum. I wish they would give him a proper nickname, in fact I'd like him to be "Mr. Wrestling" Daniel Bryan or something along those lines.

Also in kayfabe terms it means the winner of the Rumble has to face the WWE Champion, but if John Cena is WWE Champ he is already scheduled to face The Rock so unless it's a 3 way match or something the Rumble winner doesn't get a title shot at WM.

Would absolutely love Bryan to get a title shot at WrestleMania next year. Could be a great storyline that really makes his career.

However knowing the WWE he'll likely lose the briefcase before then.

A Sheamus vs. Wade Barrett fued really appeals to me also. Could elevate both guys again.

Bad Ass Sheamus as a face has been waiting to happen for a bit, good work, fella.

If Daniel Bryan does indeed make it to Wrestlemania I'll be shocked but it would certainly be an awesome moment for him and the rest of us. If he goes about beating the Smackdown roster building himself up until then it would be brilliant. I hope he does hang on to it, but yeah where does that leave the Rumble winner if Rock vs Cena is indeed for the WWE Championship....(although i'm starting to think it might not be...)

...and give the Intercontinental Title to Cody Rhodes, big Zeke is shit, at least if Rhodes had it he might have something of beauty or whatever and go back to his old Dashing self...

I very much doubt that Bryan will wrestle for the belt at Wrestlemania but it's a ogod thing to give his character some momentum. I wish they would give him a proper nickname, in fact I'd like him to be "Mr. Wrestling" Daniel Bryan or something along those lines.

Didn't you watch MITB? He's now known as D Bryan!!

Waiting until WrestleMania 28 for the title shot is a little ambitious. Maybe he'll have a heel turn before then to cash it in early. I can't really see him holding onto the briefcase for that long either.

I can imagine randomly having Mark Henry destroy Bryan for the briefcase and cashing it in on Orton when he inevitably wins the title back.

• Paid Members

I expect Bryan to actually wrestle this match, with Rock/Cena headlining, and several other potentially great match combinations they can probably afford to take a risk on the World title match. I'd imagine we'll either Daniel Bryan face a monster of some sort, maybe Mark Henry, maybe Sheamus, giving us some kinda underdog storyline. However, I don't expect Bryan to actually win the title in that match, I think he'll lose after a valiant effort. The idea of Randy Orton Vs. Daniel Bryan is pretty intriguing, and the match could be very good, but I'd imagine if Bryan does actually cash in at Wrestlemania it'll be against a beast.

• Paid Members

As much as I like Bryan, he really needs some decent build-up under his belt before people will really believe he can carry a World Championship. I'd just have him build up some kind of submission win streak of sorts, starting with the scrubs of the roster and gradually working his way up the card to the point where he's got more momentum behind him. They can even play up to the fact that no previous MITB winner ever made someone tap to win the belt. IT looks like they're probably testing the waters with a Sheamus babyface run and I think it could work, Barrett is some good fodder for him actually. I think it'll do both of them the world of good.

I love the idea of a face Sheamus... though part of me longs for a Barret/Sheamus Tag Team.

Wasn't Zeke supposed to face Cody for the title on Smackdown? I can't remember where I read it, or if I even did. But I was hoping to see a Cody Intercontinental title win :(

D Bry is in serious need of a push before he cashes in, or else he could become another Swagger,. I would hate for Bryan to be known for something like that because he is worth more. I just don't think the audience connects, or wants to connect, with him seriously. He's got the potential, and we all know he can show some personality. Here's hoping WWE has some serious good intentions with him

Archived