saturday nights main event appreciation thread

nicholasjackson

saturday nights main event 29 was first full wrestling show i ever watched fter watching bits of mania 7, for me at least it was a great show warrior slaughter starting it off with help from hogan, taker,adnan and off cause a shiny casket, mr perfect and shawn micheals bumping around in the 20man battle royal that had greg valentine over as a face for about 10 minutes, also this show included a great match between bret hart and ted dibiase at the start of bret's singles push

saturday nights main event's included some great moments in between the ppviews, hogan mr wonderful cage matchm hogan bossman suplex/zues on the steps, brain busters winning titles etc and of course hbk i-c title win in 92

whats your favourite memories of the old saturday nights main evnt 85-92, i just couldnt enjoy the later ones

• Paid Members

It wasn't a particularly memorable match, but I marked out like a bitch when I saw the Rockers beat the Brain Busters in their feud-ender.

The DiBiase/Blazer match from the original SNME tape was a fun little match too.

Oh, and all the obvious stuff. Ventura's outfits and constant berating of Vince.

• Paid Members

Andre vs Hogan's rematch is purely amazing (I know it was a special The Main Event, but still). Not the action, but the whole shows build up. I'm not ashamed to say that this gives me goosebumps. The interviews makes you look forward to the matches. Just look at the outfits, the colours, the stars, the over the topness, the charisma and the that fucking amazing keyboard music. Brilliant. The show was great as well. A red hot angle at the end of the big match and you had the Hart Foundation and Strike Force and Honky Tonk and Savage being great as well. Just look at the video intro. You have the wrestlers, with their logos, performing moves. In the first two minutes, you see an interview with the stars, a trademark move by the stars, the fucking logo with their name in the intro and they all look great as well. If your watching for the first time (which millions were since the show was scene by 33 million people), you now know who the name is, who is the heel, what they like to do in a match and even what their logo is! Just brilliant. Saturday Nights Main Event just screemed big time. It was just great. Jesse and Vince could barely be heard over the live crowd as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8z6-jGIGXGo

Of course The Big Boss Man vs Hulk Hogan in the big blue cage as well. It was the best match of Hogan's career, but the Boss Man is at his very best here. The way he bumps and the way he sells is world class. I first saw this when I was 5. Loved it then as much as I do now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXddml9nn4Y

And who can forget the best intro theme in the history of the business: OBSESSION!

Archived