Raw 18th July Discussion. *Spoilers*

CleetusVanDamme

If you want to take the logical route Vince simply could have emptied the locker room in order to make sure Punk couldn't escape with the title or just ran in and twated Cena or Punk for a DQ finish so it's probably best not to over think things.

Besides Punk leaving with the actual belt is more the issue then Punk simply being champion.

I don't get this "he might get striped of the title" thing, if it's that simple then why was there a worry in the first place? Surlly since he is not an employee anymore they can't strip him of anything or am I missing somthing here.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get this "he might get striped of the title" thing, if it's that simple then why was there a worry in the first place? Surlly since he is not an employee anymore they can't strip him of anything or am I missing somthing here.

Looking at it purely from a storyline perspective, does it even matter if they strip him of the title? He's in possession of the belt.

On a similar vein, with Punk no longer under contract, does the 30-day rule apply?

I don't get this "he might get striped of the title" thing, if it's that simple then why was there a worry in the first place? Surely since he is not an employee anymore they can't strip him of anything or am I missing something here.

I think it's more the fact that he actually has the WWE title rather than just "he's the champ" or at least that's the way i see it. I mean imagine if Punk actually left with the title and then turned up in another promotion with the ACTUAL WWE title that's been used on TV for god knows how many years now it wouldn't matter whether he was recognized as the official champion or not.

Just look at when Flair turned up in WWF with WCW's world title and you can see where I'm coming from.

I do think they may use this to introduce a new title belt sooner or later I think I read a few months ago a new title belt was been made at the time it was thought it was going to be when the titles unified.

They need a new title anyway as if you like the look of it or not it was supposed to be the Cena Belt but it doesn't even fit his character any more plus I think even they know it looks pretty stupid and I would say by now they have probably sold all the replicas they are going to so a new title belt would mean new replicas to sell.

Just look at when Flair turned up in WWF with WCW's world title and you can see where I'm coming from.

difference is that this is scripted.

Cena announcing his future endeavour minutes after WWE tweet "Will John Cena be fired by Mr Mcmahon tonight?".....Erm...WTF?

EDIT: Then adds ". If u could tweet WWE to let them know not to fire me..."

So...Cena singing from the wrong hymn sheet, then correcting himself?

And now this: From @WWEUniverse RT #SaveCena to tell @WWE not to fire @JohnCena!

The thing is, if Punk's not on Raw, won't that make Raw rather boring? I know tonight they can get away with doing the Cena firing thing as a main event, but what about next week?

The main storyline can't just take place on Punk's Twitter.

"I have just been 'future endeavored'. Well..if that's how it is I would like to take a moment to publicly apologize to Dwayne 'the Rock Johnson. In an effort to make WM28 as big as possible I tried to expose rock for his flaws. Very childish and immature on my behalf. My comments about the rocks absence were both unprofessional and childish. I am sorry. Rock, I truly wish and still hope in my heart of Hearts that the crazy old man who is the boss reconsiders his totally rash decision. Because Chicago was insane last night. And it made me think of what Miami could have been. I guess sometimes u do not know what u have until it is lost."

from Cena's Twitter

The thing is, if Punk's not on Raw, won't that make Raw rather boring? I know tonight they can get away with doing the Cena firing thing as a main event, but what about next week?

The main storyline can't just take place on Punk's Twitter.

I like the idea of Punk sending in videos to play on RAW, like Scott Hall's Last Call vids on youtube.

Punk larking about with his mates backstage at small shows, threatening to defend the belt against his friends for a laugh.

So do I, but they can't have that as the main event. And I don't think Mysterio vs Del Rio (or whatever) works as a main event right now, either. CM Punk is by far the main storyline in wrestling, to the point where it will cruelly overshadow anything else in a main event slot at the moment. At least this time last year if you had Orton vs Edge as a Raw main event, you knew Nexus would be bowling down to ringside during it.

Archived