Alex Shane, Mark Sloan, Andy Quilldan

kamicazze

I'd buy a ticket. A show like that which is well organised and put together can only be fun.

Probably the most fun I've had at a show this year was one in Nashville featuring guys like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Grandmaster Sexay, Dutch Mantell and Doug Gilbert. Legends shows are awesome, even if they can't go 100% any more, and I'd love to see one done properly over here.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Hey Mark, wuick quetioned. Have you ever contacted New Japan about doing a tour? I think they'd be able to do great numbers, considering how well Dragon Gate draws here.

There was a "New Japan UK" link left on the A-Merchandise website all the way until just recently. Just the sort of cryptic stuff as:

I haven't contacted them, no

• Paid Members
Probably the most fun I've had at a show this year was one in Nashville featuring guys like Jerry Lawler, Bill Dundee, Grandmaster Sexay, Dutch Mantell and Doug Gilbert. Legends shows are awesome, even if they can't go 100% any more, and I'd love to see one done properly over here.

I'd love to see a show like that.

Do the Rock n Roll express still do those sort of shows, out of interest?

• Paid Members

I was sure I heard on the grapevine through a few people that New Japan were coming over sometime in the future, mind you this was while we were waiting for the NOAH shows stood outside and on the weekend of the New Japan shows in the US too. Feeling it was just some wishful thinking on some people's parts or trying to just get the idea out, no idea but it would be supreme.

Would be pretty good, the reception that Devitt would get over here would possibly be huge, huge fan of his so would love to see it.

I was sure I heard on the grapevine through a few people that New Japan were coming over sometime in the future, mind you this was while we were waiting for the NOAH shows stood outside and on the weekend of the New Japan shows in the US too. Feeling it was just some wishful thinking on some people's parts or trying to just get the idea out, no idea but it would be supreme.

Would be pretty good, the reception that Devitt would get over here would possibly be huge, huge fan of his so would love to see it.

Devitt would get a frigging killer reception. Prrrrrrrrrrinceeu Devvvvvvvvvviiiiiiiitoooooooh!

HG - That's exactly what I mean, "I haven't contacted them." reads as "They've been in contact with us." We can but hope, as I'd give my left nut to see Kota Vs Devitt live.

• Moderators
I'd pay top whack for a show with lawler and the RnR Express on from a reputable promoter. Just to put that out there. :laugh:

Moreso if there was a certain Midnight Express there to battle them.

Yeah what is Alex Shane and the FWA up to? This time last year i went to my first, second and third FWA show and thoroughly enjoyed them. Thought they had potential. A while back on Shane's facebook he posted an international showdown trailer/highlight reel. Lionheart commented it saying he would have loved to have been there. Shane replied saying" there could be one in the near future and you will be one of the first names appearing my friend."

Hence why i thought it could happen

Oh cummonnnnn Sir Mark Sloan (un-official knighthood), its the year that the olympics with greco roman visits these shores so with all the people over to watch that, cash in with a massive super show. It makes business sense

• Paid Members
Moreso if there was a certain Midnight Express there to battle them.

I'd go ape shit for that, I really would.

Edit

Yeah what is Alex Shane and the FWA up to? This time last year i went to my first, second and third FWA show and thoroughly enjoyed them. Thought they had potential. A while back on Shane's facebook he posted an international showdown trailer/highlight reel. Lionheart commented it saying he would have loved to have been there. Shane replied saying" there could be one in the near future and you will be one of the first names appearing my friend."

Hence why i thought it could happen

His website appears to have gone off line and the BWC stuff looks like its ground to a halt. The last I read on the FWA it was doing shows at expos and Thorpe Park.

I'm sad to say it doesn't feel like a loss after the way things went with them.

I'd give my right one to see Devitt vs Jushin Liger live.

Now they have a pair, think they're willing to book it yet? :p

Fuuuuuuck, sooo many high level matches that I'd pay large to see. Devitt, Kota, Liger, Sasake, Omega, Taguchi. Pretty much any mix from those Jnrs, up to the heavyweights like Nakamura, Tanahashi, Machine Gun, MVP or Kojima, christ!

Archived