Alex Shane, Mark Sloan, Andy Quilldan

kamicazze

Ok so i understand that A-merchandise have opted not to bring over Dragon Gate or NOAH for next year and they deserve a break. But can't we get a supershow in the manner of International showdown or universal uproar showcasing British Talent with one or 2 imports on it? I know all 3 promoters read this forum and wonder if there has been any talk of it. And to fans what matches do you think would go well on a supershow like this?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so i understand that A-merchandise have opted not to bring over Dragon Gate or NOAH for next year and they deserve a break. But can't we get a supershow in the manner of International showdown or universal uproar showcasing British Talent with one or 2 imports on it? I know all 3 promoters read this forum and wonder if there has been any talk of it. And to fans what matches do you think would go well on a supershow like this?

All 3 parties I believe have other large projects they are working on. Alex is doing some extremely good business outside of Wrestling, Andy has some other very big plans on the go. Amerchandise said they would be unlikely to do ANY events next year. Although things may change if other projects go our way.

The part in bold you misunderstand, it has nothing to do with the groups, just we are taking at least a year away to improve and workout how to level up our events.

• Paid Members

I really don't think there's any need for a supershow next year really.

Between Mark's connections with NOAH and Dragon Gate, IPW bringing in worldwide talent throughout the last year and keeping up their superb reputation, 4FW's connection with Japan (with them hoping to bring over TAKA next year) and other companies like Star Power Training and Fight Club Pro being able to bring over big indy names it just would seem like a waste next year to put all your chips into one bag and have one weekend of 'dream' matches when we could just as easily have 12 months of stellar shows, all the while improving the reputation and exposure of British wrestling around the country, to both its diehard fans (most people here) and the casuals that will want to go back to another show if they have a good experience, see there's a name they know on the show etc.

Your statement about a supershow with one or two imports on it would never work, the majority of 'supershow' fans are people who want to watch a lot of people they'd never usually see, not one big name and a lot of UK talent's, its where 1PW went wrong in the begining, they spent so much money trying to do supershows every time out with all these big names, when in reality a supershow should be like the British version of Wrestlemania, once a year etc.

I can see 2012 being a superb year for British wrestling in honesty, there's just so much more in oppertunities to get more exposure because of more well respected promotions taking steps to improve.

TAKA next year

It would be great to see TAKA grace the UK shores, alot of people will hopefully still remember him from the WWE run.

And also like we said there a few things that could trigger a show next year, we're in talks but we'd prefer first quater 2013. But that isn't to say we wouldn't bring over maybe some Noah guys like 2010, and try to elevate a few promotions with world class talents, maybe we'll see the rise of the next IPW style UK supergroup. Who knows?

It takes far more than just putting a few imports on to make people really care about the promotion, even with top level stars from all over the world on your card as we all find out too often, however I think another group will step up next year and become that cant miss group that FWA and then IPW to a lesser extent became.

When's Mark going to finally give in, and do one of those 80s tribute nostalgia shows featuring Hulk Hogan, Honky Tonk Man, Brutus Beefcake and Barbarian? I'll give you 40 quid now on the promise of you even thinking about promoting such a show.

Sounds interesting.

Sounds interesting.

Mark, I frigging LOVE how you always manage to give an answer that leaves people thinking "Oh..."

Sounds interesting.

Mark, I frigging LOVE how you always manage to give an answer that leaves people thinking "Oh..."

• Paid Members
When's Mark going to finally give in, and do one of those 80s tribute nostalgia shows featuring Hulk Hogan, Honky Tonk Man, Brutus Beefcake and Barbarian? I'll give you 40 quid now on the promise of you even thinking about promoting such a show.

I'd buy a ticket. A show like that which is well organised and put together can only be fun.

Archived