Are TNA considering name change?

:::Saturn:::

• Paid Members
I get the impression it was done in retaliation to WWE saying they weren't "wrestling". TNA decided to jump in and say, "Well, we should say we are wrestling!" and then they've kind of tried to fill in the gaps as they've gone instead of sitting down and writing a proper plan of action as to how they're going to re-brand themselves.

You don't know that that's the case, unless you were sat in on their meetings. Maybe they've decided to phase it in gradually, rather than just do it in one massive go?

• Paid Members
You don't know that that's the case, unless you were sat in on their meetings. Maybe they've decided to phase it in gradually, rather than just do it in one massive go?

Hence why I prefixed it with, "I get the impression".

• Paid Members
Hence why I prefixed it with, "I get the impression".

Ah, ah, ah, but you didn't, because you started a new sentence to say that TNA were making up as they go along! Ahhh, got you, ahhh!

It wasnt. It was called the "heavyweight title" in the main event. Its only confusing if you want it to be confusing. Its really not hard to see that the show is called "Impact Wrestling". WCW had the NWA title for years. WWF had a belt simply called the "world title" after WCW went on its arse. Even TNA had the NWA title while the promotion was called "TNA". The name of the belt doesnt mean the name of the show has to be named after it. If you watch it every week, its easy to pick up on. If you watch it once every now and again, even the smallest thing is going to make you scratch your head. The brand is "Impact Wrestling".

I skipped the introductions on the 2nd time i watched the main event that must have been why. But i watch TNA/IMPACT WRESTLING every week and their product confuses me all the time. Just look at Douglas Williams who is now back as a face after a month of being a heel and before that being a face, in the space of 3-4 months he has had how many turns. So yeah i watch it all the time and i'm scratching my head. I know the brand is IMPACT WRESTLING (as they weirdly spell it in caps as well) it is just when some things are said they make you think such as what Aries did calling it the IMPACT WRESTLING World Heavyweight Championship.

Archived