Are TNA considering name change?

:::Saturn:::

I'm not a tna follower be any means. So I know very little about them.

But being the spontaneous guy that I am *cough* *cough* I felt like visiting their site and it's plastered with "imapct wrestling" logos, it even redirects to impactwrestling.com

can anyone fill me in here...

It's been like that since May, they are putting more emphasis on the Impact name so that the casual Joe watching TV knows that "They Are Wrestling". It's also because WWE dropped Wrestling from their name, even though they say wrestling about 10 times every week on TV. The company is still TNA, but they just don't say it as much anymore.

well, I think they should use the impact wrestling name full time for their promotion. I've never felt that TNA has had any ring to it. I mean Total Nonstop Action could in theory be anything.

At least when you say impact wrestling, your not in doubt. And they could just use the letters IW.

Didn't they change the name and look of the show after Dixie "signed" the company over to Hogan and Bischoff? That actually could have been a great story and tie in with the Bischoff X Division shit.

I'm looking at how you could have explained the name change. It is confusing because they seem to be really pushing this whole Impact Wrestling 'Wrestling Matters' stuff and yet they still use the TNA logo. I am actually really puzzled now. To be clear, is the company called TNA Wrestling or Impact Wrestling?

I'm looking at how you could have explained the name change. It is confusing because they seem to be really pushing this whole Impact Wrestling 'Wrestling Matters' stuff and yet they still use the TNA logo. I am actually really puzzled now. To be clear, is the company called TNA Wrestling or Impact Wrestling?

The company is TNA Wrestling, the TV Show is just Impact Wrestling. They are trying to push the TV show over the company basically.

• Paid Members
Company - TNA

Promotion: IMPACT WRESTLING

Title: IMPACT WRESTLING WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP even though it has a huge TNA on the front of it.

When do you say "Impact Wrestling World Heavyweight title"? They either say World title of TNA World title. Its like Smackdown having the WWE title. Impact Wrestling is the brand, TNA is the company name. Thats why they say "TNA presents Victory Road". Because the PPV's arent on Thursday Nights. I'd say its more confusing having a promoition called "WWE" when the initials stand for nothing.

• Paid Members

It wasnt. It was called the "heavyweight title" in the main event. Its only confusing if you want it to be confusing. Its really not hard to see that the show is called "Impact Wrestling". WCW had the NWA title for years. WWF had a belt simply called the "world title" after WCW went on its arse. Even TNA had the NWA title while the promotion was called "TNA". The name of the belt doesnt mean the name of the show has to be named after it. If you watch it every week, its easy to pick up on. If you watch it once every now and again, even the smallest thing is going to make you scratch your head. The brand is "Impact Wrestling".

They've not really done a very good job of the name change. I thought it was still TNA as a company and the TV show was Impact Wrestling. If thats right then why did they have Impact Wrestling on the ring posts and the screen opposite the hard camera for destination X, surely that should have been TNA?

Same with the tour, on the TNA UK facebook page it's down as Maximum Impact 4 but on the advertising it's Impact Wrestling with a TNA logo shoved in the corner.

It's only little details but it's the sort of thing they always make a mess of and it makes them look like they don't quite know what they're doing!

• Paid Members
They've not really done a very good job of the name change. I thought it was still TNA as a company and the TV show was Impact Wrestling. If thats right then why did they have Impact Wrestling on the ring posts and the screen opposite the hard camera for destination X, surely that should have been TNA?

Same with the tour, on the TNA UK facebook page it's down as Maximum Impact 4 but on the advertising it's Impact Wrestling with a TNA logo shoved in the corner.

It's only little details but it's the sort of thing they always make a mess of and it makes them look like they don't quite know what they're doing!

I get the impression it was done in retaliation to WWE saying they weren't "wrestling". TNA decided to jump in and say, "Well, we should say we are wrestling!" and then they've kind of tried to fill in the gaps as they've gone instead of sitting down and writing a proper plan of action as to how they're going to re-brand themselves.

Archived