CRW 'Meltdown' 2011

CRW

crwmeltdown2011.jpg

Off the success of CRW's last weekend in Morpeth, CRW presents: Meltdown 2011. Meltdown is the Summer pinnacle of CRW's calender and after over 400 fans flocked through the doors of The Queen's Head Hotel, they all got a taster of whats in store this Summer.

With the return of Morpeth's Own, The 'Resident Cool Guy' MJH, the expansion of Section 5; and with Andy 'The Saint' Smith, Martin Kirby, 'The Tyneside Titan' Lowthian, Assassin & The 'Perfect' One, 'Purfect' Purdie all Top Contenders for the CRW Heavyweight Championship when it arrives in October this year at CRW's Biggest Show 'Rise or Fall' 2011, There are certain to be heated clashes on July 30th as the race begins!

It seems that the rivalries in the main event picture of CRW are beginning to reach boiling point, and on the 30th of July these rivalries are going to cause a Meltdown. The race for the CRW Heavyweight Title Belt has begun. Andy

We can reveal that our Main Event for July 30th is set to be a bout of epic proportions where talent & ego will collide in a ultimate clash of titans!

6 Man Tag Team MAIN EVENT:

'Tyneside Titan' Lowthian, The Saint & 'Perfect' Purdie vs. PAC, Assassin & Martin Kirby

The rest of the card for 'Meltdown' 2011 is as follows......

The 'Future' Jason Daniels vs. Katsu

'Suicidal' Nik Nicholson vs. El Striko

Tag Team Match:

Cohash McQuade & Ross Saxon vs. Micky 'The' Mann & Caden

Also, The Minto Brothers have been challenged by a Tag Team they have faced in the past to a match for 'Meltdown'.

Plus, 2 more matches to be featured on the night.

Be sure to come check out the show as the race to 'Rise or Fall' 2011 & the CRW Heavyweight Title is sure to be picking up!

• 2 weeks later...

One last shameless bump /plug!

Anybody from the UKFF attending tonight's show?

One hell of a Main Event lined up for tonight that we are very proud to be presenting. Hope to see some of you there.

Also, on sale tonight for the very first time, CRW 'Rise or Fall' 2010, our biggest show to date! Priced at just

I will be there! Card looks cracking from what's been announced. Hope all goes well and whatnot. :thumbsup:

And I shall be picking up the Rise or Fall DVD. Was a fantastic show live, can't wait to watch it again.

Thanks for the support Stardy, enjoy the show.

Let us know what you think afterwards, good, bad, whatever, all critsisms welcome to help us improve our product for you guys.

:thumbsup:

Show was great. When the worst match on the show was Katsu vs El Striko, that essentially speaks up for how good the rest were. And that's not saying Katsu/Striko was bad either. Just great stuff from start to finish. Building was red hot. Packed as well, I got in at about 15 minutes past six and the place was already filled enough to not be able to find seats. Had to be at least a hundred people in there. Oh, and I picked up the DVD:

348nf9t.png

I have a fucking bad quality webcam but whatever. :thumbsup:

Quick results:

Opening promo. Can't remember much of what was said. It involved everyone from the main, minus Pac. Most of it was about the CRW title.

Micky Mann and Caden defeated Cohash McQuade and Ross Saxon. Can't remember the finish.

Katsu defeated El Striko via roll up.

Jimmy Blade forced Lucas Marvel to take on all the members of Section 5 in a gauntlet match.

A. ~ Lucas Marvel rolled up CK Edwards

B. ~ Hotshot got himself disqualified via holding onto a Boston Crab past 5.

C. ~ The big guy (didn't catch his name) murdered Lucas Marvel

M.J.H. returned after that to save Lucas from a beat down, and said he's gonna take down Section 5.

INTERMISSION~

The Minto Brothers defeated Nic Nicholson(?) and Robbie Ryder. They pinned Nic, don't know the move name. It was a suplex into a powerbomb/neckbreaker/thing.

M.J.H. defeated Jimmy Blade via disqualification, after Section 5 interfered. Lucas helped M.J.H. back to his feet after the match, got some verbal abuse for it.

Pac, Martin Kirby and Assassin defeated Purfect Purdie, The Saint and Lowthian. Pac pinned Lowthian after a 450 Splash.

Kirby, Pac and Assassin nailed some moves on Purdie to end the show.

Thanks for feedback guys, really appreciated & glad you enjoyed the show.

Bit of a mixed bag of reviews & feedback tonight from fans, mostly positive, but, for all the negative or minor discrepancies we received or had pointed out, these are things that myself, my team & the guys in the ring will all be looking into and working / improving on to give you a better all round show.

However, the most positive & important thing is that the show was indeed another sell out yet again for the Queen's Head, so much so, we actually had to find extra seats for people just before bell time to make sure everybody was catered for.

'Rise or Fall' DVD's were selling quite a bit, if you didn't get the chance to grab one we will have some more at our upcoming shows & will be up for sale soon on the site, but the majority there tonight were interested in the DVD (which we had playing as customers came through), so, we're obviously doing something right to attract (not to sound so big headed or anything, but the footage was enjoyed enough I believe to make people buy(, so, please, be quick to get tickets booked for 'Rise or Fall' 2011 as you know we'll be striving to pull out all the stops again for this one, so make sure SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16TH is kept free in your diaries!

Also, just a quick apology for not being able to get on here when I wanted to as really busy with things for the show, but, as some of you who attended the show will know, we had a few changes to the card here & there tonight to what was originally announced here, but unfortunately, some of the guys got into situations very last minute preventing them from making it. As you know, I always try to keep you updated on here with regards as to what is going on & what the card is looking to be when you attend, but I think we delivered quite well with the changes we made & replacements brought in tonight.

Had nothing but rave reviews from people about the Main Event, so I am personally glad we got to deliver that to you tonight, so, a pat on the backs of all the guys involved with that.

Next shows coming up to be announced soon, one of which is a Charity Show that I hope as many people as possible can attend and will bring as many people along with them as all proceeds from Tickets are going to UNICEF who are the world

• Paid Members

i read the ukff a lot and rarely post, but i attended last night's show and feel the need to. i often read a lot of peoples seemingly over the top comments about how good certain uk shows are, when having experienced so many bad ones myself in the past, i very much doubt how sincere the praise really is. however, i was very, very impressed with morpeth meltdown last night. there weren't any bad matches, and there were several excellent matches, including the main event. my hat goes off to pac for putting in such an effort and big moves on a show that, considering his status in dg, he didn't need to do. i was also super impressed with lothian as an all round package, as well as several of the wrestlers on the undercard of the show (katsu and micky mann especially)

one comment that may sound stupid, but really added to the show for me, was the quality of the wrestler's physiques and ring attire. maybe not the most important thing on a show, but it really gave it a professional feel, rather than the standard flabby bloke in generic trunks that i have seen too often on uk shows

i only have one minor complaint which was the level of heat in the room was too much, i was sweating, but there's nothing really that crw can do about that

me and my mate both agreed that its the best low budget (i.e. no american stars or large venue) show we have been to, excellent work from crw

i hope to get to more crw shows in the near future

i read the ukff a lot and rarely post, but i attended last night's show and feel the need to. i often read a lot of peoples seemingly over the top comments about how good certain uk shows are, when having experienced so many bad ones myself in the past, i very much doubt how sincere the praise really is. however, i was very, very impressed with morpeth meltdown last night. there weren't any bad matches, and there were several excellent matches, including the main event. my hat goes off to pac for putting in such an effort and big moves on a show that, considering his status in dg, he didn't need to do. i was also super impressed with lothian as an all round package, as well as several of the wrestlers on the undercard of the show (katsu and micky mann especially)

one comment that may sound stupid, but really added to the show for me, was the quality of the wrestler's physiques and ring attire. maybe not the most important thing on a show, but it really gave it a professional feel, rather than the standard flabby bloke in generic trunks that i have seen too often on uk shows

i only have one minor complaint which was the level of heat in the room was too much, i was sweating, but there's nothing really that crw can do about that

me and my mate both agreed that its the best low budget (i.e. no american stars or large venue) show we have been to, excellent work from crw

i hope to get to more crw shows in the near future

Aye, I was gonna mention the heat but as you said, it's not their fault, plus it didn't stop me enjoying the show...normally heat like that would...being a ginger lol xD

But all in all, as I said in the review, fantastic show, can't wait til the next one.

Thanks for the comments & compliments babba, glad you enjoyed the show & our product and that we were able to impress you with Meltdown. Hopefully we'll have you back for more shows, especially at least 2 more that are going to be bigger & better, one of those obviously being this years 'Rise or Fall' in October crowning our first Heavyweight Champion.

Cheers to Andrew for previewing & reviewing our show for The Wrestling Press, a great read & a well written write up, s, Thanks again for contacting us to do this, appreciated.

Archived