The Rock responds to John Cena

iamtheman

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cena's tweets on the subject:

"Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love."

Wait a second, I thought they were Independent Contractors?

• Paid Members

I know this is off topic, but the fact the heart/skull symbol in Loligan's pic is so off-center is really frustrating. Photoshop it or something man!

I know this is off topic, but the fact the heart/skull symbol in Loligan's pic is so off-center is really frustrating. Photoshop it or something man!

True, and the 'paint flecked' trunks he had in the mid 90's. Always wondered about them.

My God. It's official! UKFF'ers will moan about everything!!! That's the worst complaint I've ever seen on here. Bret Hart's logo on his vest from 1993 is off centre on a small sig pic! I believe that's how he intended it to be as they were all like that. Photoshop it you say? Yeah I'll get right on that!

• Paid Members
How so?

Shit, piss, ass and bitch are OK at PG and featured quite a lot in 1997 when WWF was hotting up in the Attitude era.

Not enough nudity for my liking though. Kelly Kelly was built for 1997/98. She'd have done all sorts, when Russo was at his horniest. A storyline where Chainz, Los Boricuas, Thrasher, Dick Togo, Vader and Kurgan taking turns on her as Mark Henry watched and considered his options of whether to make the save or have a go straight after the Boss Man would have been quite a good angle for what they'd have written for her. And it gave them something to creatively sink their teeth into.

This is how Michaels and Hart started out. They were friends, then they did a worked shoot, where they would slag each other off on the internet. The next thing you know they are tearing each others hair out on the dressing room floor. I hope both have thick skin.

The difference for me is that both Rock and Cena seem pretty level-headed and mature to me, whereas Michaels was a drug-addled, dummy-spitting mess at the time of the Hart feud (and Hart was no angel either, going by his book). I reckon they've just given each other carte blanche to rip into each other on this, because if they're genuinely sincere, you could drive a tank through some of the holes in both of their arguments. For instance, Cena's 'actor' jibes at The Rock seem a bit hypocritical considering that's now three films he's taken time off from his 'full-time job' to shoot, no matter who was funding them. I suspect he realises that, though, and they're almost deliberately giving each other ammunition for the next promo.

My God. It's official! UKFF'ers will moan about everything!!! That's the worst complaint I've ever seen on here. Bret Hart's logo on his vest from 1993 is off centre on a small sig pic! I believe that's how he intended it to be as they were all like that. Photoshop it you say? Yeah I'll get right on that!

calm down dear, it was only a joke

• Paid Members
I can see why some people feel this way, but I absolutely disagree. I think the episodes of RAW that Rock featured on, even the throwaway one with his birthday celebration, gave the show a big-time feel that it hadn't had for about ten years (save for the odd false dawn, like the first Nexus beatdown). Even when appearing in a backstage skit or some little internet sketch like this, he has the sort of star quality that nobody in the company today comes close to.

He exuded a star quality, its just the star there was Dwayne Johnson. It felt like I was watching Johnson pretend to be the Rock and not that I was watching the Rock. That's not something I've felt with him before, and I just couldn't shake that vibe.

I may not have explained that very well. :(

For me the promo went on far too long and I think Rock is out of practice with his promos these days. His delivery isn't what it used to be, it's his voice, his words don't flow out in the same tone like they used to. I know this is going to be an unpopular thing to say but Cena has a much better delivery than The Rock (at least these days). Yes, The Rock is still wittier and funnier, and yes, he is naturally a lot more talented than Cena, though his mic skills have slipped, which gives Cena an edge over him because he has more energy in the words he says.

He exuded a star quality, its just the star there was Dwayne Johnson. It felt like I was watching Johnson pretend to be the Rock and not that I was watching the Rock. That's not something I've felt with him before, and I just couldn't shake that vibe.

I may not have explained that very well. :(

Nah, I feel ya, I felt exactly the same way watching The Rock on Raw in 2011. It didn't help matters that he started with, "Let me first address you as Dwayne," which broke the fourth wall in a horrible way, much unlike Punk's recent promos. It's almost like he has a checklist of catchphrases to work through rather than organically doing a promo.

"Finally..."

"millions and millions"

"It doesn't matter..."

"Turn that sumbitch sideways..."

"If ya smell..."

His older work had much better comedy, intensity, and seemingly improvised dialogue, even if Gewitz did write it all.

Archived