The Rock responds to John Cena

iamtheman

What it would do (if) it happened would put some fire under the lead up to next years Mania. Plus if they wanted to turn Cena heel it would also help that. Plus storyline wise it would totally piss Vince off. I understand what your saying but just think, we rarely get suprised these days as wrestling fans. This would be super suprising.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Cant see it happening, but I hope we do see him eventually. Great video from the Rock though. He's hilarious. WWE at the minute is very much like late 90s WCW. Punk gets a massive reaction and plays to the crowd, yet is wrestling the big babyface who he hates, and he's rebelling against Vince who got a massive pop the other night and they both slag off the Rock, who everyone loves, yet hates Cena, who Punk also hates. The WWE has went upside down. They did this with Michael Cole as well. He'd slag off heels, but still play the face when Cena or Orton were wrestling. And with Nexus when you had Edge, Jericho and Cena and Hart teaming up. They seem much more open to messing about with the tried and tested formula in the last year.

They are pushing that PG rating kinda far as well.

Why? Because someone says "bitch" every couple of months? They had the same rating they have now until Spring 1999, and were saying more than that for the previous 2 and a half years. This poster doesn't exactly push the PG rating now does it? Money-in-The-Bank-2011-official-wallpaper-wwe-23243869-1600-1200.jpg

To be fair, there's been at least one 'ass' on Raw since The Rock came back.

People blow the PG thing out of proportion, just like they do the whole 'OMG! VINCE SAID ITS NOT A WRESTLING COMPANY! YOU CAN'T SAY WRESTLING.' Well, it's not and you can. Seriously, a million people have said wrestling on the show whilst a million people complain on the internet that you can't say it.

• Paid Members

Nice little video. It's the one thing that pisses me off about this feud (and makes me want to see Cena get his arse kicked) is The Rock always fires back at John Cenas "The Rock doesn't really care", then Cena just ignores this and continues to say it. Excellent stuff though, The Rock is the master of being funny and serious in one promo.

What is the score, promo-wise in this feud? Like 8-1 or something. The Rock is killing him.

Cena and Rock's feud has a 'real life' root and slant and when it comes to looking at their promos from that slant i'm in agreement with Cena.

Having said that wrestling feud wise that was a great promo, a very good comeback and millions.....AND MILLIONS (sorry) times better than most of the 'hot garbage' The Rock was coming out with when he was back on Raw and particularly at Mania, YAY team bring it etc.

• Paid Members
Having said that wrestling feud wise that was a great promo, a very good comeback and millions.....AND MILLIONS (sorry) times better than most of the 'hot garbage' The Rock was coming out with when he was back on Raw and particularly at Mania, YAY team bring it etc.

I've not watched all the video, because I just can't be arsed at the minute, but I've not been so disappointed in wrestling for years before the Rocks return. It all felt so forced and contrived and un-enjoyable. By the end I couldn't wait for him to just fuck off again.

I've not watched all the video, because I just can't be arsed at the minute, but I've not been so disappointed in wrestling for years before the Rocks return. It all felt so forced and contrived and un-enjoyable. By the end I couldn't wait for him to just fuck off again.

I can see why some people feel this way, but I absolutely disagree. I think the episodes of RAW that Rock featured on, even the throwaway one with his birthday celebration, gave the show a big-time feel that it hadn't had for about ten years (save for the odd false dawn, like the first Nexus beatdown). Even when appearing in a backstage skit or some little internet sketch like this, he has the sort of star quality that nobody in the company today comes close to.

Then you might be pleasently surprised by the video, give a few minutes but once it gets going....

cena's tweets on the subject

CeNation. Just saw Dwayne's statement. Via satellite of course. Sad, really. It was like an episode of mad money

I wonder if GLAAD will be offended by Dwayne's comments.

Either way..looks like I have really made him mad. But, certainly not mad enough to show up and do anything. Maybe he can send a stuntman.

Dwayne. I am a WWE employee, and a proud one. The difference between us is you left for 'greener pastures'. For me...this is what I love.

I have never begged for anyones admiration or acceptance, u don't believe me..watch MITB. Its not about that. Its about showing up.

Id rather wrestle a thousand 'punks' than one 'rock'. Because I can see his passion. Wish I could see yours...yer just never there. :)

Until april 1st. Keep on bringing it my man. You're doing great. Your friend John Cena

• Paid Members

This is how Michaels and Hart started out. They were friends, then they did a worked shoot, where they would slag each other off on the internet. The next thing you know they are tearing each others hair out on the dressing room floor. I hope both have thick skin.

Archived