Fit Finlay explains WWE firing, working with the Divas

Brian Elliott

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The BNP once bragged that they had a Jewish member.

Turned out that she was a total shut in who didn't even conisder herself Jewish and had in the past voted Looney

They had an asian fellow as well for a while, while griffin was on one of his, "We're not racist honest," things. Pretty sure they still were though.

In fact, while not meaning to enforce the cliched internet rule here, it is quite relevant, the nazi party had jewish members and supporters, for a bit.

IMHO it was the scum sheets pritning crap like "can't fly that flag" that has contributed to much of the racial tension in Britain.

True

I'm pretty sure the closest the story came to be true was 1 or 2 ppl was asked for their flags to be removed from their car and that was only because where they had it obscured the view so the police would of asked them to remove if it was any flag -car stickers or a giant teddy bear.

Woah woah woah. Don't attack me. I merely commentated on what I thought he meant by the definition of being "white."

And "Dangerously420's" utopia? Have I missed something (genuinely)? I was just under the impression he was asking a question about whether there were anyone on here that had a certain mindset for the purpose of discussion.

The impression I got is that you read WAY too much into my post. Besides, I'm about as English as your wife so I'd be in the same boat in this "Utopia"!

Easy, tiger. Wasn't attacking you - the forum now only includes the last post in a "quote" rather than the whole chain, so it didn't quote Dangerously's as well. And he's got form for casual racism, so I don't buy his "just askin" attitude.

I was trying to point out what a stupid concept it was on general principle, as who is and isn't "white" is an incredibly contentious point. Garry Bushell looks pretty white, but has black ancestors (much to his annoyance). How far back does the coloured gene have to be for you to be classed as "white"? Dangerously's entire question was steeped in ignorance and racist overtones.

Easy, tiger. Wasn't attacking you - the forum now only includes the last post in a "quote" rather than the whole chain, so it didn't quote Dangerously's as well. And he's got form for casual racism, so I don't buy his "just askin" attitude.

I was trying to point out what a stupid concept it was on general principle, as who is and isn't "white" is an incredibly contentious point. Garry Bushell looks pretty white, but has black ancestors (much to his annoyance). How far back does the coloured gene have to be for you to be classed as "white"? Dangerously's entire question was steeped in ignorance and racist overtones.

Ah okay, didn't realise about the changed to the quote system. Though as a stand alone post, I didn't think Dangerously post was bad, but I am not aware of his posting history.

I suppose the personal sensitivity towards the word "white" depends on personal circumstances and attitude. I mean calling someone white or black, or referring to yourself as white or black, to me isn't a issue. Implying that "you are (insert colour here) and that therefore you are better than (insert colour here)" however is a entirely different ball game.

Too answer your question How far back does the coloured gene have to be for you to be classed as "white"? well the answer is simple; its down to personal subjectivity. After all in this country, you can put yourself as "white european", and if you think that doesn't describe you, the majority of forms (included the census) has a other option. I personally don't see any problem with the term "white / white european."

Exactly. So the idea of even being able to distinguish who is and isn't white in order to have a "white only" society, is a non-starter.

• Paid Members

What people like dangerously usually mean is "white English/Scottish". Seeing as he's gone on anti-Eastern European tirades before, he obviously doesn't include continental Europeans.

Also, not saying dangerously is this bad, but it's funny how most racists don't consider Jews to be white.

• Paid Members

....and here's me, after seeing that this topic had eight pages, thinking that there was some good wrestling discussion going on, possibly about the role of a good heel nowadays. Nevermind.

Right, I think what the main issue was, in regards to the complaints about interrupting the US anthem with the Miz, was that there was some National Guard members there and maybe some other ex-servicemen. Like everything else nowadays they blew it completly out of proportion.

Personally, I think that it's exactly what heels are supposed to do and if it happened over here with our anthem, I wouldn't be upset at all, because like everyone else who's watched wrestling for a long time, I've seen many great heels do a load of different things over the years. Jake Roberts made his King Cobra chomp on Randy Savage's arm, for fuck's sake.

....Also, after reading through this thread, and seeing several idiotic comments made by certain people, it was hard not to get involved in the arguments, but come on boys, this is about the rasslin' for god's sake.

So either talk about things like the finer points of being a heel, generating heat etc, or find somewhere in the off-topic forum to beat your head against the argumental brick wall that is the whole patriotism/racism/sexism or whatever else that people go around in circles with all the time now.

:)

I think that goes hand-in-hand with the point at which the discussion digressed, though. If you're not ultra-patriotic and don't consider symbols like anthems and flags sacred, then you probably accept it in the spirit it was intended as a pretty cool heel move. If you are ultra-patriotic to the point of jingoism, as a large portion of people in the US clearly are, then you take an interruption to a shitty song at a wrestling show as about equal to an insult to your dead mother, react with po-faced seriousness and blow it entirely out of proportion.

Archived