Fit Finlay explains WWE firing, working with the Divas

Brian Elliott

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

:D

Just for the record, very few Londoners actually use cockney slang and the ones that do use it regularly are shunned back into the vile cess pits that they come from.

Also while we are on the subject, would someone from the north please explain what "that was canny" means. A northern in my office seems to use it to describe things that are both good and shit.

• Paid Members

Just for the record, very few Londoners actually use cockney slang and the ones that do use it regularly are shunned back into the vile cess pits that they come from.

Yeah, but what about all that disgusting new slang that's been about a few years now? I die a bit inside each time I hear "got merked differently" or "got jook next ting, bruv" or "comin dahn the ends?" Not to mention the even more horrible referring to the police as "the feds" or "the 911".

Also while we are on the subject, would someone from the north please explain what "that was canny" means. A northern in my office seems to use it to describe things that are both good and shit.

'That was canny' means it was good, I've never heard that said in a shit way - I've heard 'that was canny shit' (a contradiction on itself really) but never just 'that was canny' to describe something bad.

My 2 cents. In my experiences the further South you go the lesser peoples manners & politeness seem to be (obviously I don't mean that in a huge generalization way). Whether its due to years of the 'big city' mentality or 'deadline based' lifestyles, I don't know - but its definitely noticeable when you've been between the two areas (and again there are obviously a big number of exceptions in each case in both areas).

• Paid Members
Yeah, but what about all that disgusting new slang that's been about a few years now? I die a bit inside each time I hear "got merked differently" or "got jook next ting, bruv" or "comin dahn the ends?" Not to mention the even more horrible referring to the police as "the feds" or "the 911".

But the only people who talk like that are teenagers who are either a. from some shitty inner city slum or b. dickheads who listen to shitty music. It's not like the average Londoner talks anything remotely like that. Just a small hateful minority.

I fucking hate London. It's too crowded, too expensive, full of obnoxious, rude people and has the worst customer service of anywhere I've ever been in my life. Also, for a 24 hour city, it's the worst place in the world if you need something late at night. I remember one time having to walk at least a mile from Victoria station to get a top-up for my phone at about 11pm. At home, there are three or four places I can do that within a five minute walk of my house, and I'm nowhere near such a centre of civilisation. And your accents are 99% horrible. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of awful English accents (and a few dreadful Scottish ones too) but Londoners from Barking to Battersea just fucking grate on my ears.

• Paid Members
I fucking hate London. It's too crowded, too expensive, full of obnoxious, rude people and has the worst customer service of anywhere I've ever been in my life. Also, for a 24 hour city, it's the worst place in the world if you need something late at night. I remember one time having to walk at least a mile from Victoria station to get a top-up for my phone at about 11pm. At home, there are three or four places I can do that within a five minute walk of my house, and I'm nowhere near such a centre of civilisation. And your accents are 99% horrible. Don't get me wrong - there are plenty of awful English accents (and a few dreadful Scottish ones too) but Londoners from Barking to Battersea just fucking grate on my ears.

Dunno why you had to walk a mile for that, Kenny - I know at least five places in Victoria that do that. I agree it's expensive (especially rent), and full of rude people, but customer service is shit all over the UK in my experience, and crowding, well - the only time I've ever felt particularly crowded is on the banks of the Thames at New Year, when everybody's packed in like sardines into one small area.

• Paid Members

Well ofcourse it's crowded and expensive, it's a capital city! And London is really only expensive if you get suckered in by all the tourist traps, everything else is basically the same price as anywhere else. And in terms of your mobile that's your own fault for being a bit clueless as like Carbomb said in Victoria Station itself there is mutliple places that do it 24 hours. The only thing I find hard to get in London 24 hours per day is finding booze at 3-6am in the morning. Also personally I don't understand the rude tag it's been given, I have lived in London all my life and everyone seems friendly enough. I can't think of any specific time where I've felt "that was one rude cunt". Unless people in the midlands and up north go around hugging random strangers all the time I don't see how they act can be any fucking different. And we'll have to agree to disagree about the accents, although I don't really think there is a "London accent" as such while there is definitely a distinct Liverpool or Manchester accent.

I presume he would mean "white European" which is the legal definition for the majority in the UK.

Ok, so my wife is half Lebanese, half Portugese, but born and raise in England with English as her first language. Presumably then in Dangerously420's utopia, she'd be out on her arse via the first Eurostar as she's got coloured blood in her?

• Paid Members
Ok, so my wife is half Lebanese, half Portugese, but born and raise in England with English as her first language. Presumably then in Dangerously420's utopia, she'd be out on her arse via the first Eurostar as she's got coloured blood in her?

Hell, I'd be kicked out, and I was born in Brixton. Mind you, so would most of the population of Brixton.

• Paid Members
I've got a decent tan at the moment. Am I still white?

I dunno, rick, you might wanna go swim in some bleach for a bit, just to make sure.

Woah woah woah. Don't attack me. I merely commentated on what I thought he meant by the definition of being "white."

And "Dangerously420's" utopia? Have I missed something (genuinely)? I was just under the impression he was asking a question about whether there were anyone on here that had a certain mindset for the purpose of discussion.

The impression I got is that you read WAY too much into my post. Besides, I'm about as English as your wife so I'd be in the same boat in this "Utopia"!

Woah woah woah. Don't attack me. I merely commentated on what I thought he meant by the definition of being "white."

And "Dangerously420's" utopia? Have I missed something (genuinely)? I was just under the impression he was asking a question about whether there were anyone on here that had a certain mindset for the purpose of discussion.

The impression I got is that you read WAY too much into my post. Besides, I'm about as English as your wife so I'd be in the same boat in this "Utopia"!

DING DING DING DING WINNNAHHH!

Archived