PBW Maximum Impact/ICW Fear & Loathing in October

Would you be interested in a travel package to be part of PBW Maximum Impact and ICW Fear & Loathing in October?   

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello all. I would like to post an update in regards to the travel package idea i was attempting to run.

In short after discussing with hotels and bus companies and sorting out deals the bus company and hotel were requiring deposits to secure the booking. Even though i work for both PBW and ICW i was running this package by myself as a third party but both promotions were willing to give publicity. At this current stage i am not in a financial position to pay deposit on a group booking of hotel rooms and a coach.

In the past reading this forum there has been some horror stories of organisers relying on advance payment from fans to pay for things. I realise that it is best if you wish to run a business venture that you have the money up front to pay for things so i took it upon myself with a mature head to cancel going ahead with things. PBW and ICW are both professional companies in Scotland and as such i took the decision to cancel this travel package project of mine as i could see happening and did not want to bring the integrity of either of the companies into disripute.

I can understand it is unrealistic of me to ask for people for the money so far in advacne when no card has been announced for both shows and coupled with the fact that there is other events taking place in the UK over that particular weekend may have impacted on interest in this package.

I can however advise people that the weekend both companies PBW and ICW will be working very hard to make the weekend a very enjoyable and entertaining weekend for any wrestling enthusiast and will be one not hard to forget.

If people are still interested in coming and making their own plans there is currently a room sale on in Travelodge and Travelodge Glasgow City has good room rates for a city centre hotel and is a good location for being close to the venue for the ICW event on the Sunday to stagger home after the after show party. The room sale is limited so these prices wont stay for long.

To book a room click this link http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Many Thanks

Tom

'Fear And Loathing 4' this year marks the 5 year anniversary of ICWs first event so we will be going all out to tear the roof of that fucker. PBW always pull out all the stops when it comes to Maximum Impact. Then there's the ICW/PBW afterparty in Walkabout which shall be the piss up to end all piss ups :)

Would those that said yes and those that voted maybe PM me and indicate if you were to be interested in the package for just yourself or would you be coming with other people and if so how many?

Will be working with both promotions to make this a great weekend of fun for fans of wrestling. This is a great chance to take in Scotland's top teir wrestling companies at their best.

I should maybe point out that this package would have to have an age limit of 18+ as ICW Fear & Loathing 4 event is an over 18 show.

Many Thanks

Tom

I think this will be heavily effected due to DG. Good idea though, something i'm guessing people would be interested in such as myself if other shows such as DG were not in town.

Hey there. I kind of have a gut feeling the DragonGate shows may take preference over this. The package idea was entirely thought up by myself as a way of having a small increase to the attendance to both shows and for both promoters for glamour could have said they had travelling fans from around the UK come to their events.

In talking to hotels and coach hire firms the package would be

Gutted that these 2 shows are the weekend of dragon gate but I'll be doing my best to get back for icw. For anyone thats thinking of coming then you'll no doubt see 2 great wrestling shows. Well worth the travel if you live in england too, theres nothing like seeing an icw show live!

Has just realised that the same night as the ICW Fear and Loathing 4 event WWE will presenting Vengeance live from the AT&T arena in San Antonio Texas. I'm pretty sure ICW could speak to Walkabout to show it at the afterparty

What an epic weekend if you think about it

PBW Maximum Impact 2011, ICW Fear&Loathing 4 and big blow out afterparty to the weekend with a WWE PPV on the big screen.

To add to the Dragon Gate thing, I'm heading up to ICW the morning after PBW because I'll be in Nottingham.

I think if it came to a straight choice between DG:UK and ICW, I'd take ICW all day long. It's not just a wrestling show. It's an experience. Fans and non-fans alike are hooked when they go. I can't stress enough the special atmosphere that they can build and will continue to build.

Hello all. I would like to post an update in regards to the travel package idea i was attempting to run.

In short after discussing with hotels and bus companies and sorting out deals the bus company and hotel were requiring deposits to secure the booking. Even though i work for both PBW and ICW i was running this package by myself as a third party but both promotions were willing to give publicity. At this current stage i am not in a financial position to pay deposit on a group booking of hotel rooms and a coach.

In the past reading this forum there has been some horror stories of organisers relying on advance payment from fans to pay for things. I realise that it is best if you wish to run a business venture that you have the money up front to pay for things so i took it upon myself with a mature head to cancel going ahead with things. PBW and ICW are both professional companies in Scotland and as such i took the decision to cancel this travel package project of mine as i could see happening and did not want to bring the integrity of either of the companies into disripute.

I can understand it is unrealistic of me to ask for people for the money so far in advacne when no card has been announced for both shows and coupled with the fact that there is other events taking place in the UK over that particular weekend may have impacted on interest in this package.

I can however advise people that the weekend both companies PBW and ICW will be working very hard to make the weekend a very enjoyable and entertaining weekend for any wrestling enthusiast and will be one not hard to forget.

If people are still interested in coming and making their own plans there is currently a room sale on in Travelodge and Travelodge Glasgow City has good room rates for a city centre hotel and is a good location for being close to the venue for the ICW event on the Sunday to stagger home after the after show party. The room sale is limited so these prices wont stay for long.

To book a room click this link http://www2.travelodge.co.uk/saver_rooms/

Many Thanks

Tom

Archived