Cruiserweight Title

Lucha Britannia

The last thing the WWE needs is more titles when it already has two secondary titles which don't mean anything, there's no reason why the Trent Barreta's or Yoshi Tatsu's of the WWE couldn't be United States or Intercontinental Champion in the future.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The last thing the WWE needs is more titles when it already has two secondary titles which don't mean anything, there's no reason why the Trent Barreta's or Yoshi Tatsu's of the WWE couldn't be United States or Intercontinental Champion in the future.

The amount of belts doesn't come into it, as at one point didn't they have two heavyweight belts, the intercontinental, the light heavyweight, the cruiserweight, the women's, the US, European and Hardcore all running around the same time?

I know it's cliche to say it, but WWE's problem is making the belts feel special, which at the minute they can't because they're just passing them about.

There seems to be a problem in wrestling right now, at least in the "big two" promotions, with secondary titles being neglected. I don't think many people would disagree that the WWE's IC and US titles are about as prestigious in 2011 as TNA's TV title, which if you don't watch TNA is currently a comedy prop for Eric Young who I don't think has defended it a single time since winning it. I've said many times in the past that the role of the secondary belt should be to test out upcoming talent to see if they're capable of carrying the top prize.

Going back to prestige I agree that a promotion can have ten belts as long as they can keep the audience believing that holding them is actually important. In the good old days commentators would talk about wrestlers aspiring to hold titles because they'd make more money, I could tolerate Dolph Zigger and Kofi Kingston fighting every week for six months if they bothered to explain why they both want to be champion so much, instead they seem to just fight week-in and week-out to fill ten minutes of the show.

In the good old days commentators would talk about wrestlers aspiring to hold titles because they'd make more money,

The commentators still talk about that. I remember Booker T going on about it during one of the several Zeke-Barrett or Kofi-Ziggler title matches in recent weeks. It didn't make it any more interesting.

The commentators still talk about that. I remember Booker T going on about it during one of the several Zeke-Barrett or Kofi-Ziggler title matches in recent weeks. It didn't make it any more interesting.

I disagree. I think it's important that wrestlers have more clearly established goals in wrestling.

Some just want to make a decent living, others do it for fun, some do it to be the best, some do it to become rich etc etc. And the championship and the road to those belts are a key component on this.

The reasons WHY someone would go for the championship is (or was) a crucial part to someone's character. Winning the belt because it gets you more money is a very heelish reason to win a belt, and would also explain why some champions would on purposely get counted out of DQ'ed. Meanwhile winning the belt because you earn't it through hard craft justifies a face's efforts over the years.

Currently the WWE is very "meh" when its comes to people drives and ambitions. Everyone just seems to be stuck on this "I want to be WWE champion... just because", and I'd love to see more variety in wrestlers aspirations.

Really, they could just let Dolph, Rey, Evan, Kofi and Morrison go all-out for the US Title for a couple of months (Morrison when he's not injured, obviously) and give Raw one match per show which is guaranteed to be high-octane and high-spot heavy, thus differentiating it from the rest of the show and making people bothered to watch the US Title matches. With that in mind there isn't much of a reason to do a CW Title again.

It's true. The only reason anyone thinks an effectively built and promoted cruiserweight division is a good idea is because they're "fappers." It's got nothing to do with the fact that smaller wrestlers currently have next to no opportunities for career advancement and that in every other combat sport, lighter guys can and do draw big money and often provide far more entertaining matches than the heavyweights. It's got nothing to do with anyone thinking that WWE's blinkered attitude is very probably keeping the next Shawn Michaels from even getting a job with the company, much less getting taken seriously and pushed, because they're just not interested in booking a guy of that size in anything approaching a top spot. (Don't bring up Sin Cara. You know damn well he's only there because they're trying to break into Mexico in a bigger way and he's the biggest star in Mexico in a decade.) It's got nothing to do with believing that a bit of variety and a different style might make WWE's shows a bit more interesting and exciting, and would give the smaller guys that are already there a goal to aim for and a purpose for being on the shows. No. It's all about wanting to "fap" over Flippy McSomersault.

Man, some people are fucking stupid, Poster of the Year or not.

What style?

I'm assuming you mean WWE employing loads of Tuggy McSomersaults and letting them do a flippy, storyless style. If there's ten other wrestlers doing that, Sin Cara and his two left feet seem even less special. That's the thing with wrestling. If you've got no character and your only strength is your technique, you'll stand out more if you're not surrounded by a roster of wrestlers with the same technique as you.

Honest question, were you a heavy critic of WCW

What about the Nexus getting involved and costing Punk the Match. He's leaving either way and leaving them behind in the process. Why would they help him? A face turn for the tag champs might be WWE's last ditch attempt at getting them over.

WWE should get their secondary titles they already have to mean something first before even considering a tertiary title for the under 225s.

Well yeah, but "they can't do one thing right, therefore they shouldn't attempt to do anything else right" is pretty bad logic.

It's true. The only reason anyone thinks an effectively built and promoted cruiserweight division is a good idea is because they're "fappers."

1. Name one person who whines that the cruisers aren't pushed enough who isn't a stereotypical tugtug.

2. On what planet do you think WWE would do a cruiserweight division that's "effectively built and promoted" by the standards of you and your ilk, spastic?

It's got nothing to do with the fact that smaller wrestlers currently have next to no opportunities for career advancement

Restricting them to a cruiserweight division that would live on Superstars would inhibit them even more, you absolute dribbler.

and that in every other combat sport,

Wrestling is neither combat nor a sport, bellend.

It's got nothing to do with anyone thinking that WWE's blinkered attitude is very probably keeping the next Shawn Michaels from even getting a job with the company, much less getting taken seriously and pushed, because they're just not interested in booking a guy of that size in anything approaching a top spot.

Yeah, John Cena's wrestling Diesel in the main event of the next pay-per-view, isn't he? And Randy Orton's wrestling Ultimate Warrior for the world title. The Great Khali won the WrestleMania main event this year, remember? Everybody WWE hires is a million feet tall and has the arms of Hulk Hogan. The Miz, CM Punk, Christian, Rey Mysterio, they're all giants. WWE would never give contracts to the likes of Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, Kofi Kingston and Justin Gabriel. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON ABOUT, YOU TOTAL DIV? Even if you had a point somewhere in your shitpost (you didn't), you'd totally undermine it with the gobshite implication that WWE wouldn't even hire any cruiserweights or smaller, jumpy wrestlers to wrestle on the show.

It's got nothing to do with believing that a bit of variety and a different style might make WWE's shows a bit more interesting and exciting, and would give the smaller guys that are already there a goal to aim for and a purpose for being on the shows.

As already pointed out, Kofi Kingston and Dolph Ziggler fight over a belt every week, and it doesn't give them any kind of interesting goal or purpose. Evan Bourne vs Tyson Kidd could happen every week as is and add as much of "a bit of variety and a different style" whether there's a cruiserweight title or not, you mongoloid fantasist pervert.

No. It's all about wanting to "fap" over Flippy McSomersault.

Yes, I think that's obvious from the utter nonsense in your post, true believer.

Man, some people are fucking stupid, Poster of the Year or not.

And some people are far fucking stupider, Paedophilia Cover-Up Advocate or not. Is it a coincidence that you've got a mad hankering for WWE to do main events just featuring men with the bodies of little boys?

It's true. The only reason anyone thinks an effectively built and promoted cruiserweight division is a good idea is because they're "fappers." It's got nothing to do with the fact that smaller wrestlers currently have next to no opportunities for career advancement and that in every other combat sport, lighter guys can and do draw big money and often provide far more entertaining matches than the heavyweights. It's got nothing to do with anyone thinking that WWE's blinkered attitude is very probably keeping the next Shawn Michaels from even getting a job with the company, much less getting taken seriously and pushed, because they're just not interested in booking a guy of that size in anything approaching a top spot. (Don't bring up Sin Cara. You know damn well he's only there because they're trying to break into Mexico in a bigger way and he's the biggest star in Mexico in a decade.) It's got nothing to do with believing that a bit of variety and a different style might make WWE's shows a bit more interesting and exciting, and would give the smaller guys that are already there a goal to aim for and a purpose for being on the shows. No. It's all about wanting to "fap" over Flippy McSomersault.

I agree entirely. I've argued that their hiring practices have been stupid and counter-productive for years. It's also nice to hear from someone who doesn't hear the word "Cruiserweight" and jump straight to the conclusion that we are talking about some Jack Evans style flippy spot-monkey.

5 foot 10, 185 pound Michaels is better than every 6 foot 3, 250 pounds "tremendous athlete" they have ever hired.

Archived