Dissapointing matches that should have been blinders

NorthSeaTiger

Undertaker vs Austin at Summerslam 1998 in MSG. Incredible, episodic build spanning several months of compelling television full of neat twists and turns that made total sense in the grand scheme of things. One of my favourite slow burning angles ever and Summerslams finest ever builds. The match didn't live up to its great hype and strangely, unlike most attitude era main events didn't feature any shenanigans when it probably should have done.

I love that match my self funnily enough, but Austin says on his 1999 Hell Yeah DVD that he got knocked out early on in the match, and wasn't really aware of what the hell he was doing.

• Paid Members
My answer is, and always will be, the rather polarizing Hart/Michaels Iron Man match at WMXII.

I also expected great things from Jericho/Edge at WMXXVI, but it was really blah.

Also I was excited about the Michaels/HHH Hell In A Cell in 2004, but it literally sent me to sleep. In fact, I think it's still going on.

It took them ages to get the crowd into it and when they finally started turning the corner, Jericho won. If the match got five minutes longer it would have been so much better. Looking back though, Jericho worked wonders, as Edge didn't have another good match for months after that.

I totally agree the main event of 'Mania 25 and 27 were pap. Both were absolutely shat on by the silly booking of them (25 should have been a No Holds Barred & 27 shouldn't have had that daft double count out). Triple H and Orton should have known better really. Triple H showed about a minute of 'fire', then preceded to plod along with his beatdown, like he was wrestling Kofi Kingston and not the man that did all that nasty stuff to his family.

Cena v The Miz just felt like a Raw main event. They unfortunately had to cut their time - but made the mistake of trying to get everything in - thus never really telling much of a good story. Then that double count out happened after a borderline boring match. Thankfully The Rock saved the day and got the crowd to make some noise.

At least next year, we're guarenDAMNteed a 'Mania where the crowd sound like they care.

Archived