The moment you thought: "Wrestling is awesome!"

LWOLeN

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hated that too, at Wrestlemania Christian should have won the MITB, the World and his mum thought he was going to win it, and so word is wwe decided to swerve it because everyone knew and expected it :( stupid Swagger.

I loved it, but only because it made me feel smug, that when I first set eyes on Swagger and saw the level of his wrestling ability, I predicted that he would be champion within a year. Sadly, I only voiced this prediction to my woman, who couldn

• Paid Members

First awesome moment ;

Wrestlemania-6-hulk-hogan-ultimate-warrior_2069676.jpg

Second awesome moment, the one that really "sealed the deal" ;

bulldogbret12.jpg

The moment I thought "Why do I watch this shit?"....Well, one of them anyway....

wwe-chairman-dead.jpg

Moment 1:

Battle Royal at the Albert Hall. I picked up a copy on video after seeing a couple of WWF TV shows at a friend's house and enjoying it, and just marked out like crazy for the finish and the Andre/Davey Boy celebration at the end.

Moment 2:

HBK beating Bret in the Ironman match. I didn't particularly like the match but HATED Hart and remember marking out like crazy for Shawn's win.

Why do I watch?:

Fingerpoke of Doom probably stands out as "Jesus Christ WHY?", although there's stiff competition. Hornswoggle right up there as well.

The moment I thought "Why do I watch this shit?"....Well, one of them anyway....

wwe-chairman-dead.jpg

Come off it. That was the most controversial and intresting thing they had put out in ages. It was jut a victim of horrific timing with Sheri Martell and the other events of that few weeks.

• Paid Members

Silimar to the crap McMahon limo thing, was the nWo running the Rock down in an ambulance. The angle before that was everything an angle needs. The Rock and Hogan's staredown was amazing. The crowd were as hot as any crowd you will find and the duelling chants were a teaser of what to expect at WrestleMania 18. Then the nWo showed up and beat the Rock down, spraypainted him and hit him with all their finishers. Thats all you needed really. the segment was as good as anything I've seen on Raw. The crowd, the people involved, the commentators were all great. Then they did some fake angle outside with a semi-truck and it made the angle pure shit storyline. That one angle shows how less is more. You dont need stupid crap, when you have people like Hogan, Hall, Nash and the Rock carrying an angle infront of a live crowd.

Silimar to the crap McMahon limo thing, was the nWo running the Rock down in an ambulance. The angle before that was everything an angle needs. The Rock and Hogan's staredown was amazing. The crowd were as hot as any crowd you will find and the duelling chants were a teaser of what to expect at WrestleMania 18. Then the nWo showed up and beat the Rock down, spraypainted him and hit him with all their finishers. Thats all you needed really. the segment was as good as anything I've seen on Raw. The crowd, the people involved, the commentators were all great. Then they did some fake angle outside with a semi-truck and it made the angle pure shit storyline. That one angle shows how less is more. You dont need stupid crap, when you have people like Hogan, Hall, Nash and the Rock carrying an angle infront of a live crowd.

I remember thinking the same thing at the time, it was a cool nWo angle with the beatdown, then it went stupid with Hogan twatting him in the back of the head with a hammer or something similar then crashing the truck into the ambulance, it was like something off Nitro circa spring '99

My moment:

vlcsnap-4626172.jpg

Bloody hell, I'm glad all my mates have knocked this on the head and don't want to talk about it anymore:

Austin36.jpg

Bonus - Watching this is making me want to kill myself!

25battleroyalkidrock1.jpg

• Paid Members

I've not got a photo because it was a on two of those clip shows, metal and jacked and the like, which showed HHH beating down Foley and building to NWO I assume then dragging him off behind a bus in a cage and then a few weeks later hyping the shit out of the 3 way ladder at mania. That was it, it was the best fucking thing I'd seen and beat the summer before of sort of watching Nirto on TNT with flair in a mental home.

After that I bought the rumble and just adored the promo video for Cactus Vs HHH, especially that transformation bit. I wanted nothing more than to be Foley at that moment.

For shit that segment where HHH and Candice get oral sex from two people under a table, I felt a part of me die with that segment.

• Paid Members

undertaker-vs-undertaker-summerslam-1994.jpg

One of my best childhood memories. Sitting cross legged on the floor in front of the TV in awe of TWO Undertakers about to go at it! It felt magical. For this reason, I can still watch and enjoy this match today, even though it's widely regarded as complete shite by almost everyone.

jbl1479.png

Remember when this happened? We all thought Vince had lost the plot. At the exact moment he became champ, it was a "fuck this" moment for a whole lot of people I suspect. Of course, looking back I don't think anyone knew how entertaining JBL would become.

Fuck I miss him.

• Paid Members
mike_sdwarrior_hogan1.jpg

Fuck me ragged, this.

As for that feeling of "SHIT, might have to stop watching now."

wrestlemania9b.jpg

OK, I was ten, and it was only because Hitman was my hero. But fuck me, that was a backward step, and I never really enjoyed wrestling again.

EDIT - Was I the only one that assumed Wretch had his photos upside down?

• Paid Members

The match and skits that started a 20 year obsession...

jailhouse-sslam91.jpg

This massive, cool as fuck, honourable, good cop beats the dastardly, weasley, Canadian, piece of shit, bad cop - make in an ironic twist, forces him to get a taste of his own medicine and spend the night in jail*

There's too many of the other "Why..." moments.

*I was six. This all made absolute sense.

Archived