The shipping forecast

Richie Freebird

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

"Sailing" really freaks me out. I'm not sure if it is because of its association with the edge of sleep (as I tend to hear it as I'm drifting off), or those weird reverberant flutes that swell in the background, but it's an unsettling piece. If I was making a horror movie, it's the piece of music I'd choose to put over the stylised slomo scene of horrific violence, rape and murder.

"Sailing" really freaks me out. I'm not sure if it is because of its association with the edge of sleep (as I tend to hear it as I'm drifting off), or those weird reverberant flutes that swell in the background, but it's an unsettling piece. If I was making a horror movie, it's the piece of music I'd choose to put over the stylised slomo scene of horrific violence, rape and murder.

Get out of it, Sailing By is beautiful. ;)

I think it

• Moderators

I think it's use is that it's a repetitive piece of music for ease of tuning on the Long Wave. So with that said I think Radio 4 should use We Will Rock You instead.

Or this. But I'm of the opinion that the BBC's whole output should be this all day on all services.

Archived