GLAAD to Train WWE Talent after CM Punk's Anti-Gay Incident?

Seratonin

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But most people don't hate on Homosexual's. It's common for people to call friends and that a gay or fag. I'm not saying its right or it should be done on the platform of WWE but to kick up a big fuss every single time does not do GLADD any favors in my opinion.

I know I should be on side with groups like GLAAD but I just can't support them. All they seem to be for is not so much teaching that a particular anti-gay view is wrong, but that silencing people or kicking up a big arsed fuss is going to all of a supportive of the Gay community, when something like that has the opposite effect.

Am I missing something (other than the homophobic remarks) that has cause this hugeeee overreaction to stuff. I thought GLAAD had trained WWE previously anyway, Im sure I read somewhere that th they had.

In the clamour to ostracise CM Punk and the WWE I cant help but think this is a hang over from Linda's failed Senate Campaign and trying to shut the door after the horse has bolted on both sides with WWE trying to be squeaky clean should Linda/Vince run again and not fall foul of their sponsors and GLAAD taking some moral high ground to re-establish some kind of rep after disasterously going mental over the AT&T and T-Mobile Merger recently, climbing down on a South Park Ep using the word faggot and completely ignoring transphobia in The Cleveland Show and they are also pretty transphobic anyways by all accounts

The guy is playing a rebellious hated heel, who is on his way out of the company, breaking kayfabe and taking the company down with him so to speak. So this kind of language, would be in keeping his character, no matter how course/insulting? Surely the point is to completely alienate him, so he leaves under a cloud?

The Baltimore Sun has a blog on the issue here

What was the Aussies reaction to all of this? or is it just an American over-reaction? All I can seem to find is US reactions and faff all from the Aussies The American media seems to have gone Hays Code mental since the Janet Jackson debacle, and this appears to be some continuation of it. Im not condoning what was said, ( and from what Ive seen on youtube, he was comparing the heckler(s) to be a women first and foremost and homo was a continuation of that) but bloody hell, its all getting a bit heated over nothing.

Years ago, stuff like this would have probably never even been reported, and as the guy in the blog listed above says he has heard much much worse at shows.

So whats the outrage over again?

• Paid Members
But most people don't hate on Homosexual's. It's common for people to call friends and that a gay or fag.

It is? Also, people call someone a "fag" or "homo" because of what the dickhead using the insult thinks it represents. It would be a bit out of the blue if you were to call someone a "ginger cunt" if they arent ginger. There's so much gay hate in the word, to say "most people dont hate on homosexuals" is wrong. There clearly is.

but to kick up a big fuss every single time does not do GLADD any favors in my opinion.

How? This is the third time WWE or a member of its roster has apologised in the last few months. Should they just ignore it? WWE's aimed as kids and young adults. Nobody wants to hear shite like that on TV or on TMZ.

So whats the outrage over again?

Because a WWE wrestler was caught on TMZ calling one of their supporters a homo. I'd think its obviously. They have to answer to shareholders and sponsers. WWE cant have their wrestlers doing that. Its not 1997 anymore.

It is? Also, people call someone a "fag" or "homo" because of what the dickhead using the insult thinks it represents. It would be a bit out of the blue if you were to call someone a "ginger cunt" if they arent ginger. There's so much gay hate in the word, to say "most people dont hate on homosexuals" is wrong. There clearly is.

How? This is the third time WWE or a member of its roster has apologised in the last few months. Should they just ignore it? WWE's aimed as kids and young adults. Nobody wants to hear shite like that on TV or on TMZ.

Because a WWE wrestler was caught on TMZ calling one of their supporters a homo. I'd think its obviously. They have to answer to shareholders and sponsers. WWE cant have their wrestlers doing that. Its not 1997 anymore.

It's just to ascribe meaning to something that isn't really there anymore. A lot of my friends direct the "fag" "homo" stuff at me (I'm gay you see) but it's just meaningless banter. They're just words but rather than approach it from a "you can't say that because some might consider it homophobic", approach it from a perspective of "we're a family brand now, we don't want any words like that used, full stop".

• Paid Members

Yes it is from where i am from and from the media i watch to.

Also, people call someone a "fag" or "homo" because of what the dickhead using the insult thinks it represents

Yes because no straight man wants to be thought of homosexual surerly you can see why that is used? I'm not saying its right but can you see why it's used?

There's so much gay hate in the word, to say "most people dont hate on homosexuals" is wrong. There clearly is.

I honestly wouldn't say its hate. I would say no straight man wants to be gay so you can see why people use it as a jab.

Anyways it's a personal opinion on this matter but i think David put the truth down when he said it just a publicty move.

Ian - A completely none offensive or slanderous question here, are you a gay man? Again, no offence, and if this question itself is out of order please decline to answer. I don't mean any disrespect nor am I attempting to make any accusations of any kind here, if this is deemed too inappropriate or personal a question I completely understand.

• Paid Members
Ian - A completely none offensive or slanderous question here, are you a gay man? Again, no offence, and if this question itself is out of order please decline to answer. I don't mean any disrespect nor am I attempting to make any accusations of any kind here, if this is deemed too inappropriate or personal a question I completely understand.

Yes Richie I am ... *cough* in no way taking offence. No I'm not gay. I just help them out at weekends, when the footies on.

EDIT: thats a joke of course. In no way do I want to be associated with the likes of "THEM" :crazy:

• Paid Members

How could any of you possibly think Ian is a gay? He's a master shagger, take it from me. I hate these kind of subjects, because everyone always ends up going round in circles. I've got lots of gay friends, so I haven't got a problem with them or what they do, it's their choice and I respect that and it doesn't alter my friendship with them whatsoever. But it's just one word and as some have said earlier in this thread, it isn't to be taken literally.

angry-mob.jpg

Sort it out, you bunch of poofs.

Archived