TNA should get rid of The Hardyz

LWOLeN

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt they would risk pissing Jeff off by firing his brother

Why would they worry about pissing Jeff off? They have already suspended him and made him look like the dick he is live on PPV. And plus Jeff is under contract.

outside of the gimmick matches of the attitude era and a little bit of the Mattitude era I have never cared for the Hardys. Matt always lacked something and Jeff was a bit RVD for me meaning most of his offence never looked like it made any sense, I personally wouldnt have either higher than mid card and would rather use them as a team, I have never understood the appeal of Jeff in terms of being a star of why crowds lap him up

Jeff is attractive to young audiences because he is everything cool about the outsider rebel gimmick, the hangtime and straightness he gets on his swanton always made it look amazing years ago. The different coloured hair unusual style got him over as well as the actual size of the Hardyz back in 99-00-01, they were never huge, they were average sized guys like you'd find on the street. Then Matt hulked up over the years and Jeff did around the time of his TNA come back, to the point where they look like genuine upper card/main eventers. I don't think anyone can deny Jeff's aura of charisma I don't think it's something he's purposefully aware of doing, it seems to be a natural effect of his personality.

• Paid Members

Matt Hardy is not a draw, no matter what gimmick he has, how big he looks or how close to the main event he's pushed. Even as V1 he was never a draw. He causes trouble online, brings negative attention, thinks he's a megastar when he's not, and generally shows whatever show he's on up. Sack him off.

Jeff Hardy, while obviously more popular and over, is still not a huge draw. Certainly not a big enough draw to worry about losing. He's sloppy, a shit talker, traffics and uses drugs, is facing criminal charges, is unprofessional, and won't be missed at all. Sack him off.

was he the more talented? Jeff, when hes bothered, can have tens of thousands of people eating out of the palm of his hand.

in my humble opinion Mat was the more talented wrestler of the pair.

Jeff is a poor wrestler. hes merely a stunt man. and half the time his jumps...or falls as they usually are...off things are lame anyway.

he may have thousands of people eating out of his hand but thats him being flashy and exciting and fast paced....not a good wrestler.

Cena has thousands of people eating out of his hand and he's not a good wrestler. neither is Hogan.

Cena has thousands of people eating out of his hand and he's not a good wrestler. neither is Hogan.

Yeah, Cena and Hogan are rubbish. Their careers have gone nowhere.

I'll actually admit I was enjoying Matt for the first time in years this year - he's been quite fun in TNA, a jobber to the stars, wrestling a more brawling, angry veteran style and he seemed to be getting back into better shape. Plus embracing the fact that he has a wonky eye and looks like a dick made him a decent heel, I thought.

Once Jeff is back, he'll be an asset to TNA as he always has been, and some decent tag matches as a team would be fun. I'd keep both of them, though have Matt on an appearance by appearance deal.

was he the more talented? Jeff, when hes bothered, can have tens of thousands of people eating out of the palm of his hand.

Jeff was the star, no doubt. He was the most over and demanded the bigger share of the attention with his devilish good looks and wild stunts. I was a complete mark for Jeff when they debuted proper in 1999.

Over the years though, it became apparent that Jeffery Nero

To be honest, between the Youtube videos and the drugs I think the brothers have made themselves look pretty foolish.

WWE won't take Jeff back while the drug trial thing is still ongoing and they won't take Matt back as he acted like such a complete tool in order to get his release in the first place.

IF TNA were to ditch the pair of them, where would they go? I can't see ROH paying them what they'd want.

The pair of them should realise how lucky they are to have jobs. The fact that they don't means that they don't value their jobs and have no pride in working for TNA (admittedly it's probably hard for anyone to be proud to work for TNA all of the time), which are good enough reasons for TNA to ditch them. TNA can get by without them, but as TNA think they need to sign up every former WWF/E star they can in order to make TNA look like a WWE equal I would guess that TNA don't know they can get by without them.

If we take away looks, promos and strip the brothers down to pure wrestling technique and ability, Matt runs away with it.

Does he? I've only ever seen them do the fake stuff. Matt might well be better at actual wrestling than Jeff, but who cares? Neither of them will have done proper wrestling since they were at school anyway. Jeff's the better pro wrestler, a million times over..

Jeff had something of a career renaissance when he turned heel and adopted the Antichrist persona in TNA, unfortunately TNA mismanaged it at the time and combined with Jeff Hardy's obvious "personal problems" culminated in the Victory Road '11 main event debacle. Jeff Hardy, like RVD, is an extremely marketable wrestler with an almost cult-like fan following, he's not the greatest performer by any stretch of the imagination but despite his physical and technical limitations he's managed to connect with the audience in a way that most wrestlers can only dream of. I get the feeling that Jeff will be remembered as a guy who was on the threshold of greatness, but threw it all away because he just couldn't handle it.

Matt is doomed to live out the rest of his wrestling career, or whatever's left of it, as Jeff Hardy's less successful brother. Matt probably only got the TNA job because they needed somebody to keep Jeff out of trouble and ensure that he makes it to the shows on time. Despite being arguably a more talented wrestler than Jeff people will always remember Matt as the brother of Jeff, Matt never connected with the audience in the same way that his brother did and I'd imagine that Matt is extremely bitter about that, which is probably why he appears to have lost interest in staying in shape and wrestling as a whole. Matt's in the unenviable position of living out the rest of his days as "the other Hardy boy", even if he got back in shape and had consistently brilliant matches for the rest of his professional career people will always compare him to Jeff.

Obviously our tastes differ a great deal like, but from the purest points fappyness could you say that Jeff is / was better at doing the moves?

Judging by the crowd reaction the average Jeff Hardy move gets compared to the average Matt Hardy move gets, yes. By far.

Then again, I think Davey Richards is better than John Cena.

You don't really though. You'd have to be actually retarded to be that dearly devoted to Davey.

Archived