You're Match of The Half-Year?

Ez Money

• Moderators

At least we can all agree now that Masters vs McIntyre was fucking superduper.

Drew McIntyre vs Chris Masters was a tremendous TV match on a show hardly anyone watches, but categorising it with the others is a bit weird.

Why's it weird? They took nine minutes and put on a great match which told a story perfectly with no waste and top quality psychology. Every single thing was spot on the money, nothing "weird" about that.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miz vs John Morrison- Falls Count Anywhere- RAW 3rd Jan

THAT little gem is destined to be criminally over-looked forever, I can feel it.

I only think of that match when thinking of some of Miz's good matches. I thought that was great.

I don't even know what PCC stands for except that it seems to be some sort of 'clique' because you want to be 'cool' like the nWo whilst racking up your post counts or something.

You're a fucking liar. You clearly know what it is, else you wouldn't be able to describe it so succinctly.

Does PCC stand for Post Count Crew or something? I genuinely don't know how it came about, just know what it seems like.

Bully Ray vs AJ Styles, Last Man Standing Match from TNA Slammiversary. I could never take Bully Ray as a singles wrestler seriously, and especially following his earlier run in the WWE I was ready to shit all over TNA's attempt at pushing him as a bona fide main event heel, but this match alone has helped to change my perspective. A great last man standing match with a really smart finish. Not only was it my match of the half year, but it's probably cemented Bully Ray as being amongst one of my favourite wrestlers of the half year too.

Triple H vs Taker gets the nod from me. Surely there wont be another match this year that will hook me like this did. Hunter hitting the tombstone was my favourite moment in wrestling this year, felt like I was 12 again.

Other matches I've really enoyed this year

Eddie Kingston vs. El Generico (CHIKARA Chaos in the Sea of Lost Souls)

Sekimoto & Okabayashi vs Hama & Soya (BJPW April 28th)

Sanada & Soya vs Sekimoto & Okabayashi (AJPW February 6th)

Sanada & Soya vs Sekimoto & Okabayashi (AJPW March 21st)

• Paid Members

I'm in two minds here. It's either Triple H v Taker or Bully Ray v AJ Styles.

It's a credit to AJ/Bully Ray that they had a great match (with a good story) in the Impact Zone, the crowd generally kill the matches by not reacting. If they had it at Wrestlemania, I'm sure it would be match of the year. So for the spectacle, I think Triple H v Taker gets it.

The Randy Orton v Christian match on SD (the one where Orton wins the title from Christian) is excellent too.

Archived