You're Match of The Half-Year?

Ez Money

I really enjoyed the Cena/Hornswoggle stuff as well actually in the Rumble. I'm not always a big fan of Hornswoggle but I thought he was great fun. On a similar note, I'm not usually a fan of Santino, but when it came to the point where he got back into the ring with ADR, I was going genuinely batshit crazy. There was just too much dull shit in the entire match though so I didn't like it all that much.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bully Ray vs AJ was tremendous. I was really not looking forward to Rays solo run but have been proven absolutely wrong. The guy looks so physical on offence but also sells well, making a guy who is much smaller than him look like a proper threat. The finish got a lot of negative thoughts but i thought it was a pretty cool end to a really good match

Mild Raw Info

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Also really enjoyed the triple threat from Raw last night.had a couple great spots and didn't feel like anyone was out of the match for a huge amount of time which is a common problem with triple threats. Wouldn't be my 'Match of the half year' but has a good shout of being my favourite triple threat of the half year.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

There was just too much dull shit in the entire match though so I didn't like it all that much.

Agreed.

It was a crime how little they used Nash in that match. Who cares that it was for one night only - there were a bunch of cool prospects for first-time meetings or old friends meeting with Nash involved. His stint was way too short!

• Paid Members
Christian/Orton at over The Limit for me.

Haven't watched much wrestling this year but this match stood out so much, I knew I was watching one of my MOTY when I was watchig it.

Also I loved bully vs aj and scott steiner vs matt morgan from slammiversary.

Bully Ray vs AJ was tremendous. I was really not looking forward to Rays solo run but have been proven absolutely wrong. The guy looks so physical on offence but also sells well, making a guy who is much smaller than him look like a proper threat. The finish got a lot of negative thoughts but i thought it was a pretty cool end to a really good match

Mild Raw Info

Also really enjoyed the triple threat from Raw last night.had a couple great spots and didn't feel like anyone was out of the match for a huge amount of time which is a common problem with triple threats. Wouldn't be my 'Match of the half year' but has a good shout of being my favourite triple threat of the half year.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I think the three-way with Miz/Del Rio/Mysterio on Raw was better.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Mild Raw Info

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I think the three-way with Miz/Del Rio/Mysterio on Raw was better.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah it was ok. I just felt this had a better flow to it and it really drew me in. It really looked like three guys desperate for a shot.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I really enjoyed the Impact 3 way with Austin Aries in it. Thought it was a throwback X division match. The Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio Extreme rules match is also worth a mention. But overall it has to go to Hunter and Undertaker.

I stayed up to watch this live and for the first time in years in a wrestling match I cared. Triple H made me believe he would end Takers streak, and in today's predictable world that is no mean feat

I'm going for the fab Bully Ray vs. AJ Styles match at Slammiversary. That finish was genius.

Honourable mentions to Ziggler/Edge at the Royal Rumble, Orton/Christian at Over the Limit, McIntyre/Masters from Superstars (Fuck off Ez Money you petulant twonk), Lethal Lockdown at Lockdown and Taker/HHH at Wrestlemania.

If I had to go back and watch one match from this year so far it'd probably be the Royal Rumble match. I quite enjoyed it, and in fact the second time I watched it back a few days after it was with my folks and they really enjoyed the SuperCenaSwaggle period of the match. They found it funny and entertaining and it made me look at the bout in a new-found light. Of course the CM Punk/Nexus domination, John Morrison spot, Santino goodness and the appearances of Booker T and Kevin Nash mean it should automatically be top of the half-year list.

Was just about to post this myself. 40 men could have made it a bit of a clogged up affair, but it was one of the best booked Rumbles ever, I think. The year before was also amazing, but only for Shawn Michaels, whereas this years had a ton of great stories throughout. Showtime has mentioned pretty much all the high points, and aside from that, I was over the moon they gambled on the winner. It's a shame they haven't followed it up like, but it was good to see the effort there in principle at least.

After that, I'd probably go for Ziggler/Edge from the same show, followed by the drama of Miz/Lawler from Elimination Chamber. I didn't enjoy HHH/Taker at all, and I feel as though the pickings have indeed been slim this year, so I'll keep fingers crossed for a better second half. I haven't seen the Superstars match in question, but I remember it getting absolutely raved about on here when Cleetus first reported it in the random comments thread, so I'm not at all surprised to see it here. Seems as though the OP has grossly misread the situation and behaved a bit like a twat about it.

Archived