UFC 133: Evans vs Ortiz 2 Discussion thread

wandshogun09

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Yeah it's gonna be Machida vs Evans 2.

Would've actually liked to see Evans/Ortiz 2. Machida/Evans was so one sided and the Tito fight ended in a draw so I thought they'd go with that.

Still, good replacement and actually a bigger fight than Davis would've been. Interesting to see how Rashad approaches this rematch. Machida is the only man to beat Rashad so it's a nice backstory and the winner is pretty much certain for the title shot at the Jones/Rampage winner.

Dana has just said that Tito rejected the chance to take Davis' place (can't really blame him for doing so).

He also said that they haven't actually contacted Machida yet but that they would be doing so in the next few hours. So for the time being Machida has neither accepted or rejected the fight.

• Paid Members

Rashad really getting a tough ride here. He goes from being no. 1 contender, to having to fight a guy that most thought he would probably beat in Davis to having to fight the only guy that has beat him in Machida. Dude can't catch a break.

As others have said though, this fight does sound more appealing. Sucks for Evans though.

I've read that Machida has been contacted, but he has neither accepted nor rejected the match yet. It was only the other day I was reading he would take the fight, but only if given the right amount of time

• Paid Members
Yeah it's gonna be Machida vs Evans 2.

Would've actually liked to see Evans/Ortiz 2. Machida/Evans was so one sided and the Tito fight ended in a draw so I thought they'd go with that.

Still, good replacement and actually a bigger fight than Davis would've been. Interesting to see how Rashad approaches this rematch. Machida is the only man to beat Rashad so it's a nice backstory and the winner is pretty much certain for the title shot at the Jones/Rampage winner.

MMA Junkie is reporting that Ortiz turned the fight down.

UFC 132 winner Tito Ortiz was offered an opportunity to fill in against Evans, but he declined the chance. The former UFC champ took to his Twitter account to explain his reasoning.

"I have a life and things to take care of," Ortiz stated. "The fight game is about making the right choices of my career. If you knew what I have been going through you all would understand.

"Peaking for a fight is what makes a fighter unstoppable. Timing is everything in life. This is a rebuild year for me not do or die. The time will come again."

Personally Im a bit Meh over a Machida rematch. I'd rather see Evans up against someone he hasn't fought before. The outcome of their last fight was hardly a close call was it? I'd rather see someone like Matt Hamill or Alexander Gustafsson step up.

• Paid Members
MMA Junkie is reporting that Ortiz turned the fight down.

Personally Im a bit Meh over a Machida rematch. I'd rather see Evans up against someone he hasn't fought before. The outcome of their last fight was hardly a close call was it? I'd rather see someone like Matt Hamill or Alexander Gustafsson step up.

Disagree.

Hamill has shown he's not in the top level quite recently in his fight with Rampage. I think Gustafsson has tons of potential but he's not really known and it would be hard to justify throwing him into the main event.

• Paid Members

My key phrase was someone like. Maybe not them, but i'll reiterate I dont want to see another rematch it's starting to become like WWE PPVs.

• Paid Members
My key phrase was someone like. Maybe not them, but i'll reiterate I dont want to see another rematch it's starting to become like WWE PPVs.

If not them or Machida then who? Your WWE comparison holds no water. Totally different situation, it's not hard to see that.

• Paid Members

Im suggsting that a lot of main events have been rematches. I'd rather see fighters fight people they haven't fought before in a main event. At worst take Rashad out of the main event and move another fight in there and then give Rashad someone else.

Archived