Vince Russo's WCW 2000 Day's

Barley

• Paid Members
Russo made a good point in the shoot he did a few years ago when he said do you think a guy like Vince Russo would go up to Ric Flair, a wrestling legend and demand he shave his head on live TV.

Of course he would. He went up to a bunch of Mexicans and Japanese wrestlers and said nobody wants to see foreigners on television, thus putting WCW into a racism lawsuit. He had some balls on him in the late 90s. He's 'born again' now, but WWF and WCW had been through lawsuits after things Russo had asked talent to do.

I think Flair knows what he was doing if he didnt want to do it He seems the type that would not do it. All that went on seemed to me like he either come up with it himself or was happy to do it

I dont think there is anything in his career that Flair has refused to do or anyone he's refused to put over. He's always done what he's told, even though it was bad for business. He wasnt happy about putting Hogan over every week, he wasnt happy doing a heart attack angle with someone he legit hated in Bischoff, he didn't like putting over Russo, he didn't like being buried alive and being taken off TV for months because of it. His selflessness when it comes to doing what hes told has never been in question.

Of course he would. He went up to a bunch of Mexicans and Japanese wrestlers and said nobody wants to see foreigners on television, thus putting WCW into a racism lawsuit. He had some balls on him in the late 90s. He's 'born again' now, but WWF and WCW had been through lawsuits after things Russo had asked talent to do.

Can honestly say I've never heard that before. This would explain why a vast amount of lucha's all of a sudden disappeared from TV towards the end of '99. I personally would have stuck them on WCW Saturday Night. Have you got any more examples of things that got him into trouble with the law?

• Paid Members

Can honestly say I've never heard that before. This would explain why a vast amount of lucha's all of a sudden disappeared from TV towards the end of '99. I personally would have stuck them on WCW Saturday Night. Have you got any more examples of things that got him into trouble with the law?

He wanted Sable to get her lally's out on a UK PPV and she went mental at him. He then buried her in an article in Raw Magazine for suing over it (which was used in court). Hogan sued WCW because he buried Hogan over the house mic, which Hogan (as per his contract) had to approve. DDP dropped a lawsuit with WCW, in exchange for a better deal when Russo was dismissed. Luger and Elizabeth walked out in 2000 and threatened to sue WCW because of their treatment and Liz being forced into doing things she didnt want to do or some shit. I'm sure there are a few others. Time Warner had a few lawsuits at the end of WCW.

Archived