SIN CARA is WWE's " Next Big Thing"

LWOLeN

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

another (minor) point i'd like to add is that we should not forget that mid 90's was a very diffrent world than present, wrestling wise.

Rey doing crazy dives and head scissors in ecw was "OMG!!!!"

Cara doing his moves today is "meh i've seen backyarder x do better flip"

What i'm saying is that with how wrestling has evolved, and the average indy wrestler knowing a high flying trick or two and promotions like dragon gate being around, seeing a high flying luchador in the big leagues may not seems as special as it was when cruiserwiehgts invaded wcw.

I only ever saw his match with Primo, which werent too bad apart from the falling off the turnbuckle, then getting in the ring after no selling, doing the same kick then doing his move which would have less impact now as he fucked it.

To be fair to him here, the slip looked like it was Primo messing up, and when falling to the floor he landed on his feet and then rolled backwards, it wouldn't really require an epic sell of any kind. It's also live TV with time restrictions and a likely language barrier - there's no real time to call a new finishing sequence on the fly.

That being said, he ain't there yet, in terms of being totally comfortable in a WWE ring wrestling their style. I do think they should bring back the Cruiserweight Title and build the division around him to give him a bit of purpose as there's no way he should be challenging for the Heavyweight belts right now. They could also do what they did in 97/98 with the Light Heavyweight division, and bring in people who aren't under contract to wrestle him in one-off TV matches. Keep him on with guys like Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Rhodes and DiBiase on house shows to get him used to working WWE style where he can freely make mistakes without the cameras rolling. More tag matches with him learning to sell as FIP wouldn't hurt either.

WWE kinda fucked him over. By rushing him onto screens to capitalise on the publicity around him in Mexico they haven't given him enough time to get used to the WWE style, to overcome the language barrier and to get used to talent who don't actually work his style. They really should have given him more time. Let him work in the developmental leagues. There'd still have been publicity when he was ready to come onto the big show.

There's more luchadores to come though. WWE's already signed up another CMLL guy and I reckon there'll be more following. If they put them all in a division then they can work with each other on TV while working with other talent on house shows, and all will be good in half a year or so.

• Paid Members

He is getting a bit better. His matches with Bourne and Christian were quite good even if a bit botchy. I think they've understood that they need to put the breaks on his super-push a bit, which is good is it means there will be less resentment for his main event run (in theory at least).

WWE kinda fucked him over. By rushing him onto screens to capitalise on the publicity around him in Mexico they haven't given him enough time to get used to the WWE style, to overcome the language barrier and to get used to talent who don't actually work his style. They really should have given him more time. Let him work in the developmental leagues. There'd still have been publicity when he was ready to come onto the big show.

There's more luchadores to come though. WWE's already signed up another CMLL guy and I reckon there'll be more following. If they put them all in a division then they can work with each other on TV while working with other talent on house shows, and all will be good in half a year or so.

In hindsight youre totally right but I think they were damned if they did and damned if they didnt. I know if they sent him to developmental first there would have been an outcry about making him work the WWE style and how arrogant they are for sending a top talent to developmental, I dont think they could win either way to be honest.

I cant stand watching him, it all feels 90mph with no time to take in what he is doing or why he is doing it

I'm pretty sure if Sin Cara was a roided up Welshman (while still showing no "character" or "personality" and struggling to get used to the style) there would be certain people in this thread jizzing over him.

Probably. But hey, he's a little Mexican who hasn't got a clue and he's still got certain people in this thread jizzing over him. And we already know that roided up Welshmen are more popular than him amongst American mobile phone owners.

Sin Cara has the worst kicks I've ever seen, I've seen backyarders put more effort into their kicks than Sin Cara.

I think the same is true of a lot of his act, he doesn't ever seem to be putting much effort into anything. That might be why he fucks up all the time, if he was apparently something other than useless in foreign federations.

In hindsight youre totally right but I think they were damned if they did and damned if they didnt. I know if they sent him to developmental first there would have been an outcry about making him work the WWE style and how arrogant they are for sending a top talent to developmental, I dont think they could win either way to be honest.

The only people that ever complain about that are full mongols though.

• Paid Members
I'm pretty sure if Sin Cara was a roided up Welshman (while still showing no "character" or "personality" and struggling to get used to the style) there would be certain people in this thread jizzing over him.

Yeah but at least with the 'roided up Welshman, you know what he is and what he's about. Mason Ryan is an arse kicker and CM Punks muscle, you don't mess with Big Mason. Considering Mason Ryans push/postition on the card that's all you need.

Sin Cara is being pushed as an upper midcard guy, but he doesn't have anything other than he wears a mask and flips around to varying degrees of success. For a guy they're trying to make their next huge main eventer, that's weak (granted that's creatives fault). If your one big selling point is you do crazy high flying moves, then you better be good at them. That's the issue, Sin Cara is third in the high flyer table (Mysterio and Bourne are far more reliable and just as spectacular), it's hard to believe in what WWE spout when he awkwardly executes one of his moves.

• Paid Members

It's fair to say that he's been a disappointment so far, but I still enjoy watching him. He brings something different to the table, which is always welcome.

It would be nice if WWE were interested in building a bit of a cruiserweight division around him. He would be perfect as the poster boy for that- but if they insist on pushing him towards the top of the card he's destined for failure. Even in the long term I don't see him as anything other than a midcard variety act.

It's fair to say that he's been a disappointment so far, but I still enjoy watching him. He brings something different to the table, which is always welcome.

It would be nice if WWE were interested in building a bit of a cruiserweight division around him. He would be perfect as the poster boy for that- but if they insist on pushing him towards the top of the card he's destined for failure. Even in the long term I don't see him as anything other than a midcard variety act.

Won't see that happening. Guys like Kofi Kingston, Rey Mysterio and Daniel Bryan would instantly be doomed as "cruiserweights" also, if reintroducing the "division" is your point. WWE has evolved beyond that.

If the singles run won't work out, they could always make Sin Cara a tag team star, next to a guy like Evan Bourne. This way he wouldn't have to work a whole match, but just pick his spots whenever he gets tagged in. That's the only way they could solve him botching 50% of the time next to keep promoting him like a megastar.

Archived