1PW show off........time to pay up now Danny Boy!

cheetah69uk

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I certainly haven't given up! For anyone that hasn't done anything yet your best / easiest way to get money back is if you paid by card. Get onto your bank and they will send you some forms you need to fill in. They should then refund you the money pretty quickly and it's down to them to then try and get the money back off paypal / 1PW.

I've also been speaking with consumer direct / trading standards. Before they will do anything you need to send a letter to the 1PW registered address (send it signed for so you can track it) requesting the refund within a resonable period - 7 days should do it. If they don't pay you can then do 2 things. You can go through small claims, I asked what would happen if they closed the company and was told as long as your claim is already in the system (which you can do online) you have a claim on their assets.

That's when it will all get messy, as a registered company they could be investigated and the directors (and former directors) held to account over the way assets are disposed of if they claim they have no assets and can't afford the refunds. They would also need to prove they weren't trading insolvently (ie: no longer advertising / accepting money for events they couldn't afford to run). Essentially they've set 1PW up as a legit company and no matter who you've made payment to your contract was with 1PW and therefore they would need to show that everything was being run through the books in the correct fashion. Of course if anyone has held on to money (or taken it out of the company) this should show up and the appropriate legal action would be taken by trading standards.

Everyone needs to log a case with the local trading standards. Apparently some areas have restictions on who can make full use of the service but even if they say they won't help you the key thing is to get it logged. It all goes into a central system and they told me that multiple complaints against they same company get flagged up and the more complaints the more likley they are to look into it further.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread but i'm having trouble finding my paypal receipt for my 1pw purchase.Can anyone remember what date the HBK q and a tickets went on sale? I bought mine on the first day. I need to find this receipt before tomorrow.EDIT: Finally found the bugger!! Printed off and ready for tomorrow.

So seen as we're now on the weekend this show/convention stuff was gonna happen......... How far has everyone got affected in getting their money back?

Starting legal Proceedings for a small claims court case on Tuesday obviously. Providing Rodd doesn't reply to the 405th email I've sent him to his Spam ridden email account. Obviously.

So seen as we're now on the weekend this show/convention stuff was gonna happen......... How far has everyone got affected in getting their money back?

I've posted on UKFF saying how upset I am at being ripped off. Just waiting now for the 1PW guys to email me with a refund or, at the very least, free tickets to the next show.

• Paid Members

Starting legal Proceedings for a small claims court case on Tuesday obviously. Providing Rodd doesn't reply to the 405th email I've sent him to his Spam ridden email account. Obviously.

How come you haven't already done this? The show was cancelled ages ago.

Has everyone else given up and decided to let Rodd get away with the money?

• Paid Members

How come you haven't already done this? The show was cancelled ages ago.

You do understand that it takes time to start a legal process, don't you? It's not Judge John Deed.

I'm not sure how many people on here actually bought tickets, given the wealth of info on here as to why you shouldn't, it has to be a small number, surely?

Khemical is apparently chasing rodd via small claims for payment in regards some web work he did, but he's suspeneded so can't say if it worked, and there's a dutch promotor who turned up in here to make some noise about hunting rodd down and beating the money out o him (inferred mind, but clear inference, nice work I felt) but other than that I haven't seen too many people in here who actually paid out, just alot of people being disgusted on behalf of people who paid out (while also being disgusted they paid out in the first place and maintaining it was their own fault).

To put it another way, this thread was entertaining and now seems to have become dull, more sleaze, news on rodd's kickings, more revelations about lynskey banging ring rats, some updates on where all the money went, who got found liable, etc etc, all of that would make it more fun.

• Paid Members

I can't believe anyone still gives 1PW money in any capacity. What's this? The 7th, 8th, or 9th time this has happened in around 5 years? They say "Once bite, twice shy" - but how dumb are you if you ignore repeated fuck-ups? Seriously - people are such fucking retards. No sympathy.

• Paid Members
I can't believe anyone still gives 1PW money in any capacity. What's this? The 7th, 8th, or 9th time this has happened in around 5 years? They say "Once bite, twice shy" - but how dumb are you if you ignore repeated fuck-ups? Seriously - people are such fucking retards. No sympathy.

• Paid Members
Isn't it the third time? Can't think of more than 2 other shows that never went ahead?

Maybe someone else has the actual data, but this seems to happen around twice a year since 2006. Haven't there been 4 or 5 comebacks since Gauntley first closed shop? Either way, it's years beyond a running joke and only an idiot would give them money...

• Paid Members
Isn't it the third time? Can't think of more than 2 other shows that never went ahead?

It's not really the point, is it? As somebody pointed out earlier in the thread, the people that went ahead and bought tickets for this are best summed up thus:-

tumblr_lj3jrhkhRz1qh59n0o1_500.gif

Archived