FutureShock 52 Sunday July 17th Stockport Guildhall

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show was pretty good. Obviously Gallagher/Richards was the showstealer and each time I've seen "The Grappler" since his transition from Jack Toxic he has impressed me more and more. The guy is so smooth and such a hard nut. Very very good match.

The opener was standard fayre. Nothing amazing. The three way was ok although the Vitamin C guy botched a few moves but Joey Hayes and Drew Gulak held things together. The womens match was alright. Nordic Warrior and that young kid was ok in parts although both guys are green as fuck. The six man surprised me. I've never been a fan of DDL and despite wanting Cyanide to squash the faces all the way to hell I've got to tip my cap to DDL for that immense Razors Edge/ Tiger Driver on the fat bloke. The Raffle was immersing. Finally the main event was a bit of a letdown. Not a fan of Rayne although I do like Johnny Phere. Weak finish was eclipsed by the playing of Colt Cabanas music and annoucement of him for the next show.

I think Dave Rayne has got better and better since he's been a singles competitor , I really like him , that face bump on the edge of the ring was nasty !

The women's match was 'OK' not great until Becky James hit that awesome Punt to the head of Quinn!

My first Futureshock show and I really enjoyed it.

I wouldn't have gone without the Davey match, and he and Gallagher tore it up and then some. Loved the mat wrestling, the elbow exchanges, the battling between the armbar and the ankle lock and then the DEATH that Davey unleashed on Gallagher at the end. Really good match and well worth the travel. Oh and that running dropkick from Gallagher to Davey in the corner - FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Rest of the show was solid. Bailey and Bokha had a decent opener. Bailey is a great babyface and solid wrestler. Bokha has a great commitment to the character as I can't name that many UK workers who go all out appearence wise like that. He must be a rookie or something, but I'm sure he'll get better after he's wrestled a year or two. Thought the womens match was okay, nothing special, but I was happy that the fans accepted the match as a legitimate contest and didn't resort to any negative remarks. Thought Drew Gulak was really good and a stand out in the three way. He put poor Xander Cooper to shame. Thought the second big man vs little man match was kinda eh. The six was was pretty decent, the highlight definitely being that massive Razors Edge from DDL onto Cyanide - Holy hell! DDL and the Blackpool Blondes looked really good in this and Cyanide even hit an impressive dropkick for a man his size.

And the main event was a fitting match for it's stature, but a very distant second to the calibre of match Richards and Gallagher put on. Phere and Rayne had a decent intense brawl outside the ring, Rayne looking the best I've ever seen him. And that.... Head first launch-dart.... Thing where Phere dropped Rayne directly onto the top of his head on the ring apron..... I don't know if that should be on botchamania or howthefuckishealivemania.

Official Attendance was a sell out at 182.

Taken from ROH Champion Davey Richards twitter: @daveyrichards83: I think i may have had my fav match ever tonite. Thanks Gallagher:)

Everyone at FutureShock Wreslting is immensely proud that Jack, a product of our training school, really pushed himself and impressed in such a spectacular way. A definate milestone on his quest to truly become a World Class Wrestler.

Official results:

Sam Bailey bt Baron Bohka

Xander Cooper bt Drew Gulak and Joey Hayes

FutureShock Womens Championship

The Artiste bt Charlotte Quinn

ROH World Champion Davey Richards Bt Jack Gallagher

Sean Daniels vs Nordic Warrior went to a no contest. The Match was declared no contest after interferance from Chris Egan, Baron Bohka and Sam Bailey

DDL, Raynaldo and Sparx Bt Cyanide and The Blackpool Blonds

FutureShock Championship Match

Dave Rayne w/ Greg Lambert Bt Johnny Phere

COLT CABANA was then announced as the next contender for the FutureShock Championship

Front row has already nearly sold out. The remaining tickets will go on sale tonight via Skiddle and our Facebook Page. This will be the only method of reserving front row seats.

Thank you to everyone that attended FutureShock 52.

We look forward to seeing everyone again on August 28th for FutureShock 53!

Our friends over at Preston City Wrestling have an amazing double ticket offer for those who want twice the great wrestling! LIMITED AVAILABILITY - Colt Cabana weekender

Archived