A suggestion of a good Wrestling book to read?

Stealingsilver

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The story has always been from everyone from the era that Vince nixed Bruce's WWF runs because Vince legit thinks he's a pest. Bruce's wrestling style is of a midget Hulk Hogan, where you would beat on him and he'd make a superhuman comeback. Vince thought it was laughable. So when Vince brought in the Stampede crew in 1984, he told Bruce he would only be offered an office job. So Bruce told them where to go. The second one Bret did nix. Someone had an idea of Bruce turning and feuding with Bret after the Survivor Series, and Bret mentioned that Owen (being far better and on the roster) would be perfect for it instead of Bruce. The third time, Bruce no sold the Road Warriors and stiffed Austin in his kidney's and acted like the Ultimate Warrior. And when Bruce was trying to get Stampede to be a developmental territory, Bruce went on the radio and said they were going to bring in Austin, The Rock and the Undertaker to work with the Stampede wrestlers. That ended that one. Mind you, he was the MVP at WrestleMania 26. Referee in shades!

• Paid Members
Bruce states that HE named David Smith "Davey Boy Smith". Was this not a mess up on Davey's birth certificate or is that the urban legend?

Meltzer said years ago that Smith was really called "David Boy Smith" because his mother wrote his sex under the column marked for middle name. Yes, it might be a myth, but I can't see Meltzer repeating something so ludicrous until he's heard it from someone who could corroborate it to some degree.

Bruce states that HE named David Smith "Davey Boy Smith". Was this not a mess up on Davey's birth certificate or is that the urban legend?

Meltzer said years ago that Smith was really called "David Boy Smith" because his mother wrote his sex under the column marked for middle name. Yes, it might be a myth, but I can't see Meltzer repeating something so ludicrous until he's heard it from someone who could corroborate it to some degree.

I seem to remember reading some years back that Vince sued Davey for wrestling under the 'Davey Boy Smith' moniker in WCW / after he been fired, and having to withdraw when Davey produced the birth certificate showing it. No idea where I read that, but it's something that's always stuck with me, for some reason...

• Paid Members

Of the ones i have:

Eddie Guerrero: Cheating death, Stealing life

A good read, if not a bit "strange" to read, as he talks about not wanting to die alone.........which you know about that. But everything else was good.

William Regal: Walking a golden mile

Love it, for some reason it took me a while to read, but when i started i couldnt put it down. His tales of rehab and his various issues are great.

Dynamite Kid's book: I thought was cracking, i'll agree it might be a bit overated these days, but as far as books go its a nice little read. I got it for christmas and read it by boxing day.....and its not a short book!

Brets/Jerichos are fantastic, As is "Adam copeland on: EDGE" - which had me laughing all the way through. Of course i also loved J Listers ECW book, and hated the WWE ECW book.

some "ok" ones: Batistas wasnt that bad, Myserios was ok, if not a bit short. Ted diabiases book was ok, but again i felt it was to short.

Some rubbish ones are: Shawn michaels and Goldusts book.

Goldust really suprised me, it had the potential to be great, but i'd read it by the end of the day, as he really does just skip through alot of stuff.

Michaels' was just boring, as it seemed so......"Fake"

Archived