Raw Discussion and all that

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
Does anyone have a transcript of Punk's promo? I want to see what the fuss is about but I'm going to be on a train all day and won't have phone access. Ta.

I'd settle for knowing the gist of it, if anyone wants to fill me in (LOL)?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was pretty good to watch I must say. Punk is right on so many levels. I just wonder how they are going to let him sneak on Raw next week after Vince comes out and explains what happened this week. I hope to hear far worse things mentioned by Punk next week, but not as much as watching him win the title at M.I.T.B then the following night on Raw to see what happens. Maybe a TNA reference perhaps would help matters further.

Yes I am hooked in this storyline and something which should have been done to create cutting edge TV a long bloody time ago. I'm just glad it's Punk thats been given the role.

That was pretty good to watch I must say. Punk is right on so many levels. I just wonder how they are going to let him sneak on Raw next week after Vince comes out and explains what happened this week. I hope to hear far worse things mentioned by Punk next week, but not as much as watching him win the title at M.I.T.B then the following night on Raw to see what happens. Maybe a TNA reference perhaps would help matters further.

Yes I am hooked in this storyline and something which should have been done to create cutting edge TV a long bloody time ago. I'm just glad it's Punk thats been given the role.

Well it's easy to find out because next weeks raw has already been filmed and spoilers posted online.

Aside from CM Punk's promos, HBK's and DDP's appearances and Mark Henry splitting wigs, the rest of the show was utter shite. But bloody hell: "Maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon

Best promo since Heyman back in 2001. A marvellous work and without spoiling next week it's probably one of the best decisions they've made in many years.

For Punk it's proven why he's worth every penny and every clause he wants in his contract, they'd be stupid to let talent like that walk when it wants to work.

You dont cut promos that good and get that amount of leeway on the microphone and let him walk out the door. I think its all and work and he's resigned.

Of course it is. Anyone who thinks differently is a bit soft in the head, or a casual fan.

What does my head in though, is that promo was so good, as odd as it sounds. There is no reason why Raw shouldnt be able to provide entertainment and drama like that on a weekly basis. Still though, thats the miserable cunt in my coming out though. Hopefully this sets up a DDP vs CM Punk feud, for no reason whatsoever.

Exactly. It shows that they still have a clue somewhere in that company. Lets hope they don't fuck up this angle. It has the potential to be great, especially if they put out the word that Punks been released after his contract and let him sit home for a month or so, maybe even let him do a non-wrestling appearance with ROH or something where he badmouths WWE even more and so forth.

As brilliant as that was its a shame WWE seemingly only does this with talent who are leaving. I mean, remember how awesome Batista was when we knew he was leaving last year? Or Jericho before he left?

If indeed we're not all being worked and Punk really is leaving then we should enjoy this stuff while we can.

Whilst it was a good promo, what is the fucking point of doing that? I didn't think it worked when Heyman did it, and it certainly didn't work when Styles did it.

Think about it for a second. You let a top performer go out and state live on your show, all the things the whingers and moaners say about your company. For those mongs out there who already believe all that, all you're doing is cementing those beliefs and presenting them with a hero, who's probably a hero to them anyway, as Heyman and Styles were also.

But to the non-smarky, general public audience, it just looks like your show is entirely amateur hour. They're either going to think "wow, what an ungrateful prick" or "maybe he's right, why do I bother watching this show?" Neither reaction is going to help your business in the long run and both make you look bad.

This whole promo was an exercise in extreme vantiy by the WWE management, a two fingers up at the audience, both smark and casual. I can't think of a company that has benefited from running itself down or indeed its product. Whenever WCW hit the reset button near the end, it killed another chunk of their audience. When Vince walked out on the last Nitro and ran down the WCW roster, about 1/3 of the wrestling audience turned off and never tuned in again. The worked shoot era of the 90s only served to confuse the whole identity of what pro wrestling was. We knew it was fake, but once they started talking about it as fake it made fans look even more stupid, and then made the company look stupid when a few weeks later they went back to presenting it as real again. There's a reason why breaking the fourth wall in drama is such a no-no, and should only be attempted by those who really understand why - and the WWE are not that good.

I thought it was funny how someone had listed all the things your not allowed to do in wwe and Cm punk done them all. Also when did wearing your championship around your waist become acceptable again

Archived