"B Show" Highlights

Ron Simmons

• Paid Members

In the Smackdown spoiler thread the discussion has turned to great B show moments (erm, in regards to Superstars/Heat etc, not Smackdown itself...) so I've decided to create this thread to widen the discussion. Any matches or moments that you've really enjoyed on WWE B shows over the years? Feel free to bring the discussion to outside of WWE here, providing it was a B Show it's all fair game here!

Here's some of my favorites...

- These two had a great rivalry over on this show. They had some outstanding matches, and it's a shame they never got the chance to have at least one on the main brand, if only as a reward for their efforts.

I loved how Velocity would test the water with new superstars on the show, such as

Stevie Night Heat!!!

• Paid Members

Kerwin White (with Dolph Ziggler!) Vs. Matt Striker - I'd totally forgotten about Matt Striker's short lived babyface run. Heck, I really enjoyed him back then.

Albert Vs. Hugh Morrus (Velocity) - I remembered this as a decent big man match, and heck, I was right. Whoever thinks Albert only "got good" when he went to Japan is totally off the mark.

• Paid Members
I seriously don't remember Striker ever being a babyface .. weird.

He debuted against Kurt Angle during the "Kurt Angle invitational" where he put his gold medals on the line. Eugene eventualyl won them, but Striker came close on two occasions, and actually lost his job as a teacher because of his RAW appearances (I think he was on sick leave or something). I'd forgotten all about it too until I found the Youtube video, I was just looking for some Kerwin White moments really, I pretty much only watched the show for his theme song at that point.

• Paid Members
Ahh yes, so long ago. I do actually remember that now. He's not a bad wrestler to be fair to him, not that he was ever going to get anywhere but I'd take him wrestling over his NXT work anyday.

Yeah, he's pretty good. It's also pretty surprising how jacked up he is there compared to now. The amount of muscle-mass some WWE superstars lost after the wellness policy came into place is insane.

• Paid Members

whenever I think of these shows the first thing that pops into my head is always this

Perry Saturn battering Mike Bell from 2001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP085eYK4Nw

and this from Shotgun

Steve Austin/Terry Funk brawl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eukI3ny2s94

Archived