working nights

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
But yeah in my experience aside from the shitty sleeping patterns I quite enjoy working nights. Once you get used to it it's alright, especially if the other people on the shift are easy to get on with it makes the time go quicker. And like you say working somewhere like Tesco's on a night shift means you won't have to deal with customers.

I work nights for Tesco. As you said, no customers at that time so our manager isn't the strictest with uniforms. You turn up more or less wearing what you want, plug your headphones in and most of the time 10pm - 7am will absolutely fly in. You'd be surprised at how wearing your own clothes instead of a uniform and listening to your own music can make a difference.

not in my store :( uniform on and no headphones allowed...id kill to have my ipod on me. It's a 24 hour store though.

Your own MP3 player is an absolute must during Christmas, as anyone in retail will tell you, nightshift or not.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
When I used to work the doors until 4am I learnt a trick. Speed.

This, I used to work nights managing a warehouse & me and a chap I used to work with used to take speed to keep going.

I've worked nights loads, I dealt with it fine but I've always had an easily adaptable sleeping pattern.

I never woke up early on weekends, I used to make the most out of the fact that I could stay out ridiculously late and feel fresher than anyone all night.

Also kookoocachu was right, I was also eating more than ever but I couldn't stop losing weight, it was the slimmest I've been until recently.

Anytime i have worked nights the best thing i have found is not to go to slep as soon as you get home ... I used to stay awake until around luncktime shopwer and then bed so when i woke up at 8 had brekfast it was just like working a normal shift

takes a bit of getting used too but it has always worked for me

Archived