Can I be sued for trying to cancel something?

KingOfMetal

SO, after couple of phone calls today, it would appear tht I have emerged victorious! \m/

He answered the phone with , "ok, Im not going to argue with you about it, we'll cancel the women's ring..." and then he got into a cock and bull story abut how much it cost him to get the materials in to make, to which I basically answered with "then you should have taken a deposit for it then, surely?" and he kept giving a load of buuuuuuuuuuuuuuulshit about how we were legally supposed to pay the remainder, even using cars, holidays or even a suite/sweet (not sure which one he was refering to) as examples, which I know is bollocks as I work in retail myself. If someone pre-orders a football jersey from my shop and deciede to go elsewhere for it (for whatever reason), they are not 'legally binded' to pay the remainder.

I was never going to back down, and ultimately, I am the victor. Score one for the consumer :thumbsup:

SO, after couple of phone calls today, it would appear tht I have emerged victorious! \m/

He answered the phone with , "ok, Im not going to argue with you about it, we'll cancel the women's ring..." and then he got into a cock and bull story abut how much it cost him to get the materials in to make, to which I basically answered with "then you should have taken a deposit for it then, surely?" and he kept giving a load of buuuuuuuuuuuuuuulshit about how we were legally supposed to pay the remainder, even using cars, holidays or even a suite/sweet (not sure which one he was refering to) as examples, which I know is bollocks as I work in retail myself. If someone pre-orders a football jersey from my shop and deciede to go elsewhere for it (for whatever reason), they are not 'legally binded' to pay the remainder.

I was never going to back down, and ultimately, I am the victor. Score one for the consumer :thumbsup:

If I were you then I would complain to the head office and mention everything he said and ask if thats the expectations of how staff should speak to customers.

Archived