Robert Colossus Returns!

TedtheMan786

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually the views have increased by almost 200 on the first video and around 100 on the second video, which I suspect is mostly from this site. So that means roughly half the people who watched the first one went on to the second one. Not as high as I want, but that's definitely a good start. Legitimately thank you to anyone that has enjoyed these, and for anyone with criticism, thank you also.

• Paid Members

Shouldn't this be in the paid advertising site, now it's been confirmed he's a spammer (as well as a spanner).

Oh, and over here, 'twat' also means vagina. That's why they're calling you it.

I don't see exactly how I am a spammer? The other sites I posted on get barely any views in the sections I posted the video, so I didn't get any responses, and I left it go after that. If those sites were as active as this one, I would also be contributing to the conversation, and not just continuously reposting the video links in topics until the whole pages are filled, just like what I've done and not done on this one. If no one would have responded, I would have "bumped" the thread maybe one or two more times, and then just left it alone until the next video is complete.

And that's fine. Once again since people say it so little over here and I love the phrase, keep doing it!

So if the self-promotion videos weren't enough, you're now showing us a photo of yourself showing off above our beloved, yet clearly injured Doink? Good God, you're a bastard.

Could there be a single chance (however slim) that that could be the original Matt Osborne there? Last I heard of him he was doing a quite clever gimmick that was a kind of

Not really, as I don't think anyone has clicked his links.

I bet they have, but that wasn't necessarily what I was referring too.

Basically I was referring to how basic Search Engine Marketing works. A way to build up his videos is to place a link on a thread and encourage discussion. Regardless of whether said discussion is negative or positive, the Google (and other search engine) spiders "sees" that the thread has lots of discussion and "sees" the linked video as being more reputable and therefore more likely to appear in search engine and YouTube search results. It's one of the basic (believed) algorithms used by Google to bring the most relevant result in searches.

E.g. If I put a thread up called "Hilarious Video Of Child Hurting Himself" and it results in loads of positive and negative responses, Google will "see" that. If said video goes viral, and loads of other people go post "Hilarious Video Of Child Hurting Himself" on other forums which ALSO gets loads of response, it increases the chances of said video appearing in search results when typing in "child hurting himself" or similar.

I'm obviously over simplifying the process, but if Mr TedTheMan is doing over this multiple forums, that's a lot of indication to help him increase exposure of the video. Therefore every time someone posts "your a twat" your actually helping him.

Moral of the story is this: When shit like this come around, ignore it. That way the threads dies quickly and Google "sees" that the video isn't worthy of anyone's time.

Archived