Most overated wrestler currently in the game

jimufctna24

Not really, there's plenty of wrestlers I don't like that I can appreciate for being good heels. I just can't see it with Vickie Guerrero. Do you actually think people would pay to specifically see her?

I would imagine so -- or at least, she's a big part of the package people are buying tickets for. There are certainly more people buying tickets to see Vickie Guerrero than there are to see Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre or Jack Swagger. Booing Vickie Guerrero is one of the most fun aspects of going to the wrestling. There are very, very few wrestlers who sell tickets completely by themselves - Cena, Orton, Undertaker, Triple H, maybe one or two others. It doesn't mean everyone else on the card should just go home.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's rumoured to be getting a title push now ... i can only hope it's because he's coming to the end of his career .. if he actually wins the strap the wwe are in bigger trouble than i can imagine ..

Yeah. They'll have to close up shop.

I'm not saying that there going to go bust .. but out of the whole wwe roster you have mark henry as the supposed best of the best, cream of the crop. REALLY? .. i mean come on .. there are so many wrestlers in the business that deserve and would run better with the belt .... you make it seem like henry gets a good pop and has good matches week in and week out when the reality is he doesn't ...

• Paid Members
I'm not saying that there going to go bust .. but out of the whole wwe roster you have mark henry as the supposed best of the best, cream of the crop. REALLY? .. i mean come on .. there are so many wrestlers in the business that deserve and would run better with the belt .... you make it seem like henry gets a good pop and has good matches week in and week out when the reality is he doesn't ...

When has getting a title run ever meant being the best in the business? Mark Henry's over at the minute. You might ignore it, but he's more over than a lot of wrestlers on the roster. He's kicking people's arse left and right and he's a threat to the World title because of his size and because he just threw the Big Show around like he was nothing. You might not want him as the champion, but I bet if you asked a 100 people to pick you they'd think would have a better chance to slap Orton about, out of Henry and Christian, Mizark would get the nod. The big man's bang on form at the minute. I hope he takes it home personally. Its only Smackdown. You make it sound like he's carrying a territory on his back. I could win that belt and the viewership wouldnt change.

• Moderators
he's rumoured to be getting a title push now ... i can only hope it's because he's coming to the end of his career .. if he actually wins the strap the wwe are in bigger trouble than i can imagine ..

He's more over than a lot of the roster and is being made to look like a true hard man and has been pasting the Big Show all over the shop. And he does have fair-decent matches with the right opponent, he works within his gimmick to great effect. You're trying to make him sound like Tom Magee. Your thoughts on Henry seem to be stuck in 2006.

They should have put Henry into the main event when he went to Raw in the summer of 2009. He pinned Orton clean when he was champ and the crowd was really into him, so of course he was left to do nothing for about 2 years.

I'm not a fan of Henry but I'd rather he was champ than have another long boring as fuck Orton reign. At least it would be something different.

Alberto Del Rio for me, his ring work is OK, not bad but nothing stands out. What worries me is that he has had a promo probably every single time he has appeared on WWE television and execpt for the beginning that is always identical I cant recall a word the man has ever said

I think the majority are overrated by WWE at the moment or they just feel blandness is acceptable now. Everyone says PG is crap but its down to characters and booking or writing in my opinion. I grew up on PG and Piper, Savage, Flair, Warrior, The Rockers, Sherri, Bulldog, LOD, Boss Man, etc all seemed larger than life. The top guys nowadays like Cena, Orton, Mytserio, Del Rio, Christian, Kane, etc wouldnt have got a sniff of the main event in the late 80s or early 90s and probably not in the late 90s to very early noughties

Henry's had good matches since coming to Smackdown with Rey and Christian, not sure he's actually done anything else yet match-wise, but he's looked impressive taking out Kane and Big Show too. He either improved or found his confidence during his ECW run, having really good matches with Matt Hardy and Finlay in particular, and back before then he also had good matches with Goldberg and Booker T. He's not the best wrestler by any stretch, but he can have really good matches with the right person, and is over, especially as a face.

I totally agree with Pitcos about Big Show, I think he's pretty great. He's had a great year and I'd say he's one of the better WWE guys right now. He knows how to work as a big man, which is his main strength, but he can also really move, and is an incredibly underrated bumper.

He's more over than a lot of the roster and is being made to look like a true hard man and has been pasting the Big Show all over the shop. And he does have fair-decent matches with the right opponent, he works within his gimmick to great effect. You're trying to make him sound like Tom Magee. Your thoughts on Henry seem to be stuck in 2006.

i agree that with the current roster henry would be more over shall we say, i honestly cannot recall a match where i have thought wow mark henry turned it on there... don't get me wrong the guy is obviously a threat, the worlds strongest man gimmick is enough to look a threat, but i don't understand where all this heat for orton is interms of being boring, to the small population of internet fans he may seem bland and boring but the reactions he's getting on smackdown are big and if you're gonna put the strap on mizark for being over then surely it should stay with orton as he's more over interms with the live crowds, i'm not saying orton knocks it out the park every week but he's had some good matches and IMO he should be World Champion on Smackdown... i agree with ianhitmanhart that mizark is more of a threat to the title than christian but then again i'd say there are a few on the roster who are more of a threat .. and regarding his current fued with kane and big show .. yeah i agree he's looking good but anyone would look good doing that to them two giants .. i'm sure someone like mason ryan, an up and coming star could squash them like that and people would go nuts over that...

Archived