Most overated wrestler currently in the game

jimufctna24

John Morrison for me,I don't get how people say he could be the next Shawn Michaels or whatever,he's as dull as dishwater on the mic,his ring work looks overly choreographed and un-realistic and he thinks that having a shit beard will make him a main eventer.He hasn't been interesting since he was tagging with Miz a few years ago,and even then Miz was obviously better then him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christian, as well. Overrated by both the WWE and a lot of fans. He looks old and frail, and he's not been that interesting since his return. Had some nice midcard matches and a couple of good ones with Orton, but I find it hard to care about him at all now, and he was my favourite in 2005.

I agree. I don

• Paid Members

I'm going to go for Dolph Ziggler, for the simple reason that I read plenty about this match or that match that he's had that was good, but after watching him on telly for nearly two years including an association with the heat machine Vickie Guerrero and a (fleeting, controversial, pointless) World title win, I still just don't care about him one way or another.

I agree with most posts here.

Who's been said so far? Christian hasn't had much to him since his return. I hoped his heel turn would trigger something but it hasn't. He's a solid worker - a handy guy to have but not world title calibre at the moment. In 2005 he might have been able to come up with a memorable title run.

People bang on a lot about Dolph Ziggler's great matches but as air_raid said, Vickie Guerrero is a hindrance and if Dolph can't get heat without her then that's an indication that he's not a future WWE champion yet.

Tyler Black isn't going to get anywhere in WWE. He's bland as fuck and indy fans like him for his apparent 'work rate'. It's an example that's used a lot but if Richards vs. Tyler was this generation's Flair vs. Steamboat then standards have slipped a hell of a lot.

I don't think John Morrison is the next Shawn Michaels. Well, he definitely isn't, he's too old to be now. It's frustrating because he has a great look but is shy on the mic. His shining wizard looked lame as fuck which was a shame. I liked the fact that he was making a concious effort to make his strikes look better but I think he was using the strikes too much. His strikes, as a foundation, needed improving but he should have been using his athleticism to take opponents down. A comparison would be that RVD looked impressive when he was doing his fancy kicks and athletic moves but when he was forearming, he didn't.

CM Punk doesn't have many memorable matches. His match with Jeff Hardy at Summerslam was quite memorable but you can't point to many. He may have had good matches but nothing that noteworthy.

Orton's good but he's come about as far as he'll go with his current character if he chooses to stay with it.

Raw-Power-to-the-People.jpg

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

a) it was a voting cock up, wasn't it? Mason Ryan didn't win and I'd imagine Sin Cara would have won if it hadn't have buggered up.

b) Why post a picture in response? Does this mean you have to go on Google and search the picture out so that you can copy the link and post it here when a simple text reply of 'Power to the People' would have sufficed?

c) I'd imagine that's a spoiler.

A few months ago this was easy, The Miz. But he's currently positioned in the role he's perfect for (the Chris Jericho/Upper Midcard role). Anything above that and I find it hard to believe.

I agree with this. Miz was one of the most consistently entertaining acts in the WWE last year, but a main eventer he is not. Embarrassingly out of place next to Cena and The Rock in the Wrestlemania main event, and hopefully he's not placed that far out of his depth again in the near future.

Non wrestler- Vickie. She screams in a horrible voice until the crowd boo's, that's it!. There's no art to it, she comes out and does that. Her delivery might have improved since she started, but given how god-awful she was and that she's had FIVE FUCKING YEARS of substantial tv time to do it that's not surprising.

She's not a "great" manager, not even a passable one. Great managers hide the weaknesses of talent, and help get them over. Vickie screams into a microphone and gets herself booed before his matches, which usually consist of the camera staring at Vickie, while the commentators talk about Vickie, and end with Vickie interference. Dolph's actually worse off now than he was however long ago it was they stuck the poor lad with her. Not that WWE cares, as long as Vickie gets her screen time they're happy.

Sums up my well-aired views on Vickie perfectly.

Aside from ones that have already been said, I'm struggling - do people rate Jerry Lawler as a commentator again, or was it just as a part-time wrestler? Because if it's the former, then him. For someone who was such an entertaining, antagonistic bastard in his day, I find his company line-spouting, goody twoshoes act nauseating. Sympathising with Cena sticking up for the Little Jimmies the other week to the extent of repeatedly calling him 'John' and sounding like he was about to cry when Punk pinned him was sick-inducing.

Also noticing the tide turning against Christian - disagree. Considering how far the aforementioned Miz has got in the past year based almost entirely on his verbal delivery, in spite of being mediocre in the ring and having a really unthreatening look, Christian deserves his chance. His promo delivery, even in backstage segments and the like, is among the best and most natural in wrestling today, for me. If they get behind his heel character a fraction as much as TNA did in 2006/7, he'll be a major asset to Smackdown this year.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Hasn't that been confirmed to be a fuck up, as well as the results of the Dolph/Kofi match and partially affecting the main event?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah, if WWE's press releases are to be trusted. But there's a reason he's called Evil Vince and not Honest Harry. There's another thread discussing it anyway, RepoMan's made some cracking points in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Hasn't that been confirmed to be a fuck up, as well as the results of the Dolph/Kofi match and partially affecting the main event?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Yeah, if WWE's press releases are to be trusted. But there's a reason he's called Evil Vince and not Honest Harry. There's another thread discussing it anyway, RepoMan's made some cracking points in it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I wouldn't put it past WWE to do something crooked, but I'm not buying that the WWE audience would vote for an as-yet non-descript big man heel over a guy who seems pretty over despite his in-ring fuck-ups, and has a style that your average fan would probably think would work well with Bourne. Anything's possible, but it's just something to jump on for people who love big guys and hate Cara, which is fair enough I suppose, I just don't buy in to it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Daniel Bryan. I would rather watch a diva match. Guy is so bland and boring its beyond belief. His next level bland and boring compared to guys like Ted Jr and Cody.

Robbing a living of Vince.

Evan Bourne, Overrated to fuck and hes been buried for a while. Sure he has a few impressive moves but he is awful. The whole babyface underdog gimmick just isnt working for me, his smiling, theme tune and abilty to make the shooting star press look like it doesn't hurt hasn't won me over. Much of the IWC licks his brown hole over him but I don't see the whole deal

For me personally the most overated guy in wrestling these days has to be Mark Henry, his in ring ability is bogstandard, his mic work is awful and the guy has no charisma .. how he's not been released all these years remains a mystery to me personally and unless he's facing an opponent i have any interest in i skip any match/segment he's involved in.... There's a rumour going around that he's soon to retire and for me that'll be the only thing decent he's done since the Nation of Domination ..

So none of his Mysterio ones were memorable?

Yes, there have been lots, but they've all been stand out matches on their respective shows.

Not for me there weren't, I can't nether remember much about Punks matches other then thinking that he looks a bit "sloppy" in the ring at times.

Archived