Most overated wrestler currently in the game

jimufctna24

• Paid Members

A few months ago this was easy, The Miz. But he's currently positioned in the role he's perfect for (the Chris Jericho/Upper Midcard role). Anything above that and I find it hard to believe.

I'm not having a bad word said about CM Punk (not that people are really saying he's shite). The man is the best thing about WWE most weeks.

There are countless options, Mr. Anderson, Crimson, Abyss etc.

But the guy that sticks out most for me is Samoa Joe. He's clearly out of shape and his matches aren't really that good anymore. I keep seeing/hearing people bitch about how he needs to be pushed better, but he has produced nothing of any note since he had a cock on his face and cut Scott Steiner with a knife. I personally think he's lucky to be on TV at all, for that bad facial hair alone.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Standard blueprint promo machine he is most certainly not.

Standard shit delivery he most certainly is. He could be pulling the greatest promo of all time out of his arse and I wouldn't notice because he bores me to tears.

Boring in the ring though? I think he

Obviously people will expect me to say Cena and I am going to but I've listed the countless reasons he's awful millions of times so I'm gonna additionally say Mark Henry. He's been in WWE/F now since 1996 and after a 15 year career in WWE has done fuck all good. Its amazing the consistant pushes he gets from time to time like they expect him to be the next big main eventer when he's clearly just a boring useless guy who's never going to amount to anything worthy in wrestling. I cant even recall a Mark Henry match I'd actually want to watch. Mason Ryan is on the list to, yes he's big and Welsh and looks like Batista but I thought Batista was vastly overated as well.

I think we are in a age now where alot of guys are given more credit then they should have, standards have definitely dropped.

Cody Rhodes - One word to describe this man at the minute.......... BORING! I actually find myself reaching for the remote if I see him on my screen. I'm not knocking his wrestling ability but his gimmick (which probably isn't down to him)/promos need major work.

hmmm its a hard one i think john cena is over rated as do alot of people

i honestly do not like randy Orton or Alberto del rio.

and in older days i hate hulk hogan :s he just doesn't seem that special to me

I'm not having a bad word said about CM Punk (not that people are really saying he's shite). The man is the best thing about WWE most weeks.

He's a great promo guy with out a doubt but none of his matches are ever memorable to me.

Punk, for sure. He's superb, but the fanaticism Dem Wans have for him is too much.

Christian, as well. Overrated by both the WWE and a lot of fans. He looks old and frail, and he's not been that interesting since his return. Had some nice midcard matches and a couple of good ones with Orton, but I find it hard to care about him at all now, and he was my favourite in 2005.

Sin Cara's wildly overrated by WWE. Though recent events have shown fans don't rate him that highly.

Might seem an odd choice but The Miz as well. I'm a big fan of his, but he didn't deliver any tremendous, exciting matches in his six months on top. Apart from the TLC match with Jerry Lawler and a Raw match with Morrison. His stuff with Orton and Cena was very disappointing.

• Paid Members

CM Punk. Character-wise he's good, but in-ring he's nowhere near as good as people make out. His matches suffer from him not completely knowing what style he wants to be, some moves it seems like he's executing them just for the sake of it, the springboard type moves especially have took me right out a few of his matches as they just seem so unnaturally set up, like his mindset is "I can do a springboard, so I'll do one" no matter what style of match he's having. It's especially offputting when he's having a match with a Rey/Kofi type and spends the match working a "keep the high-flyer grounded" story, before he starts flying around himself, why bother?.

I can't think of many Punk matches I'd go back and watch again.

Non wrestler- Vickie. She screams in a horrible voice until the crowd boo's, that's it!. There's no art to it, she comes out and does that. Her delivery might have improved since she started, but given how god-awful she was and that she's had FIVE FUCKING YEARS of substantial tv time to do it that's not surprising.

She's not a "great" manager, not even a passable one. Great managers hide the weaknesses of talent, and help get them over. Vickie screams into a microphone and gets herself booed before his matches, which usually consist of the camera staring at Vickie, while the commentators talk about Vickie, and end with Vickie interference. Dolph's actually worse off now than he was however long ago it was they stuck the poor lad with her. Not that WWE cares, as long as Vickie gets her screen time they're happy.

FIVE YEARS!

Christian, as well. Overrated by both the WWE and a lot of fans.

The fact that he had the title for days before being jobbed out to Orton on a regular basis shows that he's rated fairly. He was better than he is now about seven years ago and he wasn't good enough then.

He's kinda like Kane for me. He's someone who's useful to have around and can make the step up when WWE need him to, but he's not a top line guy.

• Paid Members
Punk, for sure. He's superb, but the fanaticism Dem Wans have for him is too much.

Sorry, feeling a bit thick today - "Dem Wans"?

Christian, as well. Overrated by both the WWE and a lot of fans. He looks old and frail, and he's not been

I enjoy Christian's work, but I have to agree. Though I daresay his over-rating by WWE isn't so much because they actually rate him as much as they've just lost an established main eventer, have been desperate for main-eventers for a while, and see in him a perfect opportunity to set up a stop-gap main eventer in the meantime, capitalising on the Mysterio Precedent.

Sin Cara's wildly overrated by WWE. Though recent events have shown fans don't rate him that highly.

Again, I think it's not so much that WWE rate him any more as it is that they've invested so much in him, they're sort of committed to over-rating him now, in the hope that it might eventually pay off.

For me, an over-rated one would be Morrison, by WWE, although this may be changing. I really want to like the guy, because, unlike Shelton, he's able to imbue his insane spots with a bit of physical charisma (even though his promos aren't that good). He's got an awesome look, has a superstar presence about him - plus, he won Tough Enough; I always hoped that at least one of the TE winners could go on to win gold and complete the rags-to-riches story. I know Miz has held the belt, but he didn't win TE (did he?) - though, I suppose, it could be argued that that makes his MORE of a rags-to-riches story.

• Paid Members

Punk should be getting Jake Roberts praise for me. Roberts was a great interview, but you'd struggle to name many great Jake Roberts matches. Same with Road Dogg. He's a very, very good interview and his character is great to watch during these times when everything is cookie cutter, but he isnt the second coming of Rick Rude. I enjoy him, but he gets so much praise. You hear things like "imagine if he was in the Attitude era?" I'd imagine he'd be feuding with D'Lo Brown, if he was on a roster which had Austin, Rock, Foley, Triple H, Jericho and the like.

Archived