Smackdown Results

extacy of farts

Why is Teddy Long such a dickhead? and why hasn't any heel attacked him yet? surely they'd get instant heat. Ugh I'm sure they've done that storyline where "you got to earn your title shot playa" but it still sucked. Christian has every right to whine about it.

Cody Rhodes has become tiresome for me. I like Daniel Bryan too and his brief stint on the mic last week was alright, but it doesn't seem like a feud, its seems like, hey wrestle each other in a series of matches each week and it doesn't seem to build to anything.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The Usos Haka entrance was absolutely fantastic and they've had two great matches against HEATH JUSTIN. I'm enjoying them while I can before it becomes another Hart Dynasty vs Cryme Tyme best of 600 feud. Just put the tag titles on them or something, they're already way better than Otunga and McGillihennig.

I think Matt Striker would make a good GM for Smackdown. He'd be great in an Eric Bischoff kind of role.

• Paid Members
The Usos Haka entrance was absolutely fantastic and they've had two great matches against HEATH JUSTIN. I'm enjoying them while I can before it becomes another Hart Dynasty vs Cryme Tyme best of 600 feud. Just put the tag titles on them or something, they're already way better than Otunga and McGillihennig.

I think Matt Striker would make a good GM for Smackdown. He'd be great in an Eric Bischoff kind of role.

Smackdown needs a new GM, but I think I'd prefer to see the never-used William Regal pick up the spot. He's always fun in that kind of role. Maybe a returning Mick Foley could add some life into the brand, either through the GM role or by kicking the diabolical Booker T from the announce table. I can't believe he's not been removed from that role yet.

• Paid Members

Smackdown needs a new GM, but I think I'd prefer to see the never-used William Regal pick up the spot. He's always fun in that kind of role. Maybe a returning Mick Foley could add some life into the brand, either through the GM role or by kicking the diabolical Booker T from the announce table. I can't believe he's not been removed from that role yet.

As much as I like Regal it'd be dull if he was put as an authority figure AGAIN. Unfortunately he blew his chance the last time, just as he was getting really interesting. At least Striker would be new and he's pretty decent on the mic and just has a punchable arsehole look.

• Paid Members

As much as I like Regal it'd be dull if he was put as an authority figure AGAIN. Unfortunately he blew his chance the last time, just as he was getting really interesting. At least Striker would be new and he's pretty decent on the mic and just has a punchable arsehole look.

He'd be new, but I want to see him drop dead every time I see him on screen, and not in a "because he's a heel" way. His sucking up to the bosses schtick when he was Smackdown announcer annoyed me to the point I can't face watching him ever again. I even resent his short interviewer skits.

Maybe a new female authority figure could bring something different. I reckon Layla (if she's fit to do in-ring, non wrestling skits) could make a fun GM of Smackdown until she's fit. It could really get her over and establish a character outside of Laycool for her. She's decent enough on the mic to be able to perform well in the role, and she's also smoking hot so they potentially have quite a marketable character on their hands with her in that role. At least, more marketable than any male option.

why is Kane in a Number 1 Contender's Match? He was on Superstars last week.

So?

This

I wish bigger names would randomly wrestle on Superstars more often.

Remember Triple H appearing on Heat back in 2000 when he was WWF champion and he fought Hardcore Holly? That was superb.

Wasn't he against Maven?

Just google'd and he did indeed also face Holly on Heat too.

• Paid Members

I might be wrong on this, but I'm certain I remember Triple H defending his World Heavyweight title on Heat at some point between 2002 and 2004. I'm struggling to remember who he faced, but I think it was either Maven or Steven Richards.

Heat and Velocity would often have bigger stars pop up for matches you wouldn't normally get to see, and that's what made it fun to watch. I remember Steven Richards and Chris Benoit having a great match on the RAW show, and Velocity regularly produced cracking episodes.

I might be wrong on this, but I'm certain I remember Triple H defending his World Heavyweight title on Heat at some point between 2002 and 2004. I'm struggling to remember who he faced, but I think it was either Maven or Steven Richards.

I thought the Heat match was for the belt as well, but on reading the Heat recaps, no mention of the belt being on the line is made, and further searches only showed a Raw title match between them.

why is Kane in a Number 1 Contender's Match? He was on Superstars last week.

So?

This

I wish bigger names would randomly wrestle on Superstars more often.

Remember Triple H appearing on Heat back in 2000 when he was WWF champion and he fought Hardcore Holly? That was superb.

Wasn't he against Maven?

Just google'd and he did indeed also face Holly on Heat too.

I remember that match, during the buildup he constantly called Holly, Bob.

Didn't Triple H defend his WWF title on Heat against Taka? Or was that on Raw?

WWE needs more title matches against jobbers.

As for T-Lo getting attacked, the last person to do that was Drew McIntyre and during the angle I'm sure they announced that because of T-Lo's health issues (Kayfabe, Heart Attack etc etc) that if anyone put their hands on him they'd be fired.

Smackdown could do without an authority figure for a while, its not like Teddy Long has been making many decisions. Which is partly why Christians heel character is good, because in a way he's right. T-Lo letting the WWE Universe decide things etc etc.

• Paid Members

The mini-build up between Triple H & Holly on heat was the best part. It was when the McMahon-Helmsley regime would have their own VIP area backstage and they walked in there to see Holly sat lounging on their sofa, feet on the table, throwing their sweets into his mouth. He said something like "I hear they call you The Game? Well, I wanna play the game". It was one of the best things to have ever happened on Heat and definitely my favourite moment of Holly.

That one-night feud was a hundred times better than most long-term feuds they have today.

Archived