PPW's "RETURN OF THE KING" 15.7.2011 : West Bromwich

ChrisPPW

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your evolution league is a very good concept.

Thank you very much. We work with two very good/well respected academies to bring the finest young talent to PPW.

Show is tonight guys! Heading over to the venue now. Hope to see some of you there!!

Thanks

Chris

Dave Breaks beat Matt Pedin

Nate Colt beat Jamie Feerick

Lucas Black and Brian Wright beat Joey Sanchez and his mystery partner whose name I didn't catch but he was a vamprie character.

Kid Fite beat Tommy Gunn and attacked him after the match

Drew Gulak beat Scott Maverick in an absolutely WILD street fight. Glasses smashed, all the tables climed over, fought in the lobby and a crazy dive after running across the tables from Gulak right where we were sat.

Steven Xavier beat Davey Blaze in a normal length match and then quickly beat Jamie Feerick and Brian Wright after they challenged him in the evolution league. He was on a roll and wanted to beat Lucas Black too but he refused the match.

Jonny Storm and Paul Malen was a Double DQ after they both hit the ref. They fought afterwards and Jonny Challenged Malen at the next show to a No DQ Lumberjack match. Malen accepted but only of it was made a Loser Leaves Town match!

Thought it was another really good show from PPW. Virtually all the matches were really good contests that all got going into good/great matches and loads of the wrestlers were really impressive, some that i'd seen before and were even better and some that I hadn't that were really good. That street fight definately stood out, I didn't expect it to be how it was and I wonder if PPW did or not too :laugh: It was great stuff though, Maverick's chest at the end was sick.

Also the sensible storytelling continued, the next show was set-up without being too over the top and story heavy. There was a nice simple reason and logic behind Storm/Malen making their match next month. It keeps you interested without being daft. Be a real shame not to see either of them appear for PPW again if it is more than a story device that is.

Highlight of the night though was an older gentleman's (They're always the best at wrestling shows) reaction to something Tommy Gunn said. Gunn did a clothesline in the corner and did the usual "One more time?" to the crowd and this bloke shouts " Nah! Do summat else!!" :laugh: really tickled me.

• Paid Members

Ace show top to bottom.

All the matches were fun, the street fight was good fun and felt really spontaneous which was great. The main event was fun and gave me a nice simple reason to care about the next show, which is ace and just want I want from a show like this to have me coming back time and time again.

I liked Kid Fite, I've not seen him before, perhaps at 1PW but I couldn't grantee it, but he was ace.

The opener was class too.

Thanks for the positive feedback once again guys! The PPW roster is going from strength to strength and (as debated earlier in this thread by the two BFF's Karl and Sam! :laugh: ) the Evolution League talent have been a revelation this year and have been pleasure to work with throughout.

More of the same coming on August 12th. Hope to see some more of you guys there.

In results from last night:

- "Textbook" Dave Breaks dft Matt Pedin - TEXTBOOK CHALLENGE

- "The Natural" Nate Colt dft Jamie Feerick to pick up 3 more Evolution League points

- "Luscious" Lucas Black/"Hellraiser" Brian Wright dft Joey Sanchez and his mystery partner Viken

- Kid Fite dft "The Rapid Fire" Tommy Gunn in a return match from the King of the Deathmatch 2011 Final.

INTERVAL

- "The University City Stretcher" Drew Gulak dft Scott Maverick - COMBAT ZONE STREETFIGHT

- Steven Xavier dft Davey Blaze to earn 3 Evolution League points

- Steven Xavier sft Jamie Feerick to earn 3 more Evoltion League points!!

- Steven Xavier dft "Hellraiser" Brian Wright to bring his total for the evening to 9 Evolution League points!!

- "Wonderkid" Jonny Storm vs "The Prodigy" Paul Malen resulted in a double DQ with both men persistently laying their hands on Senior PPW Official Russ Burt.

Points of note from the show:

- "Textbook" Dave Breaks continues on his quest to prove he is the most technically gifted athelete since "The Man of 1000 Holds" Johnny Saint. Dave Break's approached PPW Management after the show with a specific Textbook Challenge. Which member of the PPW Roster has caught Break's eye? All will be revealed in due course...

- Darkness fell over PPW when Joey Sanchez's mystery partner turned out to be Viken the vampire warrior! Viken soon clashed horns (or fangs???) with resident PPW psycho, "Hellraiser" Brian Wright, and the two brawled their way backstage. PPW fans only saw a snippet of the Vampire Warrior this time around, but everyone at PPW is sure it won't be the last!

- After defeating Tommy Gunn in their rematch, Kid Fite brutally attacked the hometown hero leaving him lying in the ring.

- The Combat Zone Street Fight was everything PPW fans may have expected and so much more!! The American star, Drew Gulak battled Scotland's Scott Maverick over tables, through the crowd, out of the hall and through an unsuspecting West Bromwich Labour Club!! With a few nice weapons and a little boken glass for good measure (and I'm sure I saw a Boston Crab as well, if anybody cared!), Gulak can go home safe in the knowledge that he brought his own stytle of ultraviolence across the pond for one night only!!

- "The Natural" Nate Colt, who has been a firm fan favourite from day one of the Evolution League, had every reason to believe he would leave West Bromwich as "The Luscious One's" closest rival in the Evolution League, having picked up his second straight win with a victory over Jamie Feerick. However, Scotland's Steven Xavier would pull off the unthinkable later in the evening, defeating, in quick succession, first Davey Blaze, second Jamie Feerick and third Brian Wright, to gain a whopping 9 Evolution League points and garner a huge ovation from the PPW fans in the process! Steven then called out Black, who in his normal cowardly fashion, refused to accept the challenge. Xavier joins Lucas at the top of the Evolution League on 12 points and it could prove a decisive clash when they meet later in the year!

- After both Malen and Storm continually laid their hands on Senior Offical Russ Burt, the Number One contenders match was thrown out and called a Double DQ. Storm, who wasn't happy that Malen's disregard for the rules had once again cost him a shot a El Ligero's PPW Championship, quickly challenged Malen to a no-DQ Lumberjack Match on August 12th. Malen reluctantly accepted the challenge after adding his own stipulation that the match on August 12th was to be a "Loser Leaves PPW" match. Will next month's show be the last time that PPW Fans see the "Wonderkid"? Or will Malen finally get his comeuppance?

- PPW Management also revealed that PPW Champion El Ligero would return on August 12th and would defend his title against either Storm or Malen on the very same night!!

Thanks again guys :thumbsup:

Chris

PPW

I'd like to reiterate the facts that have been mentioned above the show was an absolute cracker and the street fight was really off the card and unexpected (even the use of the banana's). Great show fro Phoenix Pro Wrestling and i can't wait to return on August 12th.

This was a really outstanding night with compelling matches but with wrestlers from the great wrestling cities of Glasgow,Nottingham and Shrewsbury this is to be expected.The Gulak/Maverick match was memorably outstanding and Steven Xavier excelled in his matches.After all this the main event was rather an anti climax.Nevertheless it was great to see Drew Gulak in West Brom and Kid Fite and the other wrestlers from Scotland.COME BACK SOON!

Archived