Wrestling in Newton Aycliffe?

Well this has been an interesting read, lets see Danny Primetime make a comment, give his thoughts, spice it up a bit!

Fye isnt far from the truth if im honest.

If I were a betting man, I'd be tempted to put my money on theoneandonly1990 being this Danny Primetime.

Who is Danny Primetime? Does he wrestle for CRW or IWF or someone?

As far as im aware neither, he worked one WrestleGateshead I think. It may be the case of cant get booked elsewhere so start up a promotion story.

Best of luck to the guys at PFE, by looking at the card on Facebook if they're going to book IWF/CRW guys only i'd of chosen better wrestlers than; Billy Morrison, Mark Anthony, Marcus Starr, Mr Hollywood etc, looks like a similar WG roster if im honest. If your going to book north east talent there's the likes of Robbie Ryder, Lewis Chambers, Lowthian who can work to a high standard far better than the list I mentioned above.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Good afternoon gentlemen.

Mr M Chappell here.

Very interesting read through this forum of opinions all based on speculation and assumption. The fact of the matter is we do have 2 trainers that are experienced and if you doubt there experience wait and time will tell.

I dont believe your personal attacks on danny primetime are justified and for a little heads up you may wanna look further in to it as he did not start wrestling in this region.

We are a new company yes and i defy any of you that put on your first show and it was perfect with a sell out..... Really.

But thanks for all the love people and I will continue to do this and I will make a success of it as i have with so many other venues and shows in past. So if you wish to slag of a brand new company that are only trying to bring the Entertainment side of this industry to the next level then continue. Our tickets are selling allready for july 23rd show and it will be much more than just a ring in a club,.

If you would like to discuss anything further please feel free to call me. 07976392101

M A Chappell

Pinfall Entertainment

Very interesting read through this forum of opinions all based on speculation and assumption. The fact of the matter is we do have 2 trainers that are experienced and if you doubt there experience wait and time will tell.

Providing us with the name of the 2 trainers will go a long way of people putting faith in the company.

And i'd like to note that the writing style of your post compared to the other ones are leagues apart. This is not a slagging off and I do hope your show does well, it's just an simple observation.

I will grant you that Danny Primetime has wrestled elsewhere, I found a few videos on youtube when he wrestled in 2008.

In my opinion, its pretty impossible to form an opinion on a fed without seeing their show or at least their card, which I don't think has been released yet.

Any new fed setting up is bound to get the same old flak, who are they, what are they doing, ken clarke at crw is a good example, as far as I understand he had no background in wrestling but a good background in business and i distinctly remember crw getting slated on here for a long time but as they got more experienced, they got better til now they are pretty well respected.

Pinfall are bringing wrestling to to an area that hasn't seen a lot in years, I for one won't put them down for that.

I haven't wanted to late anyone, just pointed out my concerns that this was gonna be a show with loads of lads who aren't good enough for shows, in my opinion.

I haven't mentioned a draw, I drew only 42, my concern is for the quality of the show as there are too many on the roster who should still be training and I have stated my concerns with the training time and again, privately as well as publicly and still I see reluctance to name the trainers.

Khemical, I didn't mean to put you off going, I don't want to sabotage the chances of a draw and will happily pay for your ticket to prove that. I will probably be there myself so next time I have my say it is based on what I have observed. My points at the moment aren't uninformed though, I have spoke to several people conncected with this company and as I said I have been giving advice too. The bottom line is when using non paid wrestlers it is far too easy to cut corners and that's what I am trying to get PFE to steer away from

The card is on facebook and its basically an IWF card minus most of the ones with talent (and therefore a wage).

There isn't anywhere to learn to be a promoter other than being involved in companies and learning that way, like I did.

Also just because someone has been around a while doesn't mean they should be on shows. Almost everyone on the card should be training to get onto shows and shouldn't already be there, that's me knocking IWF and PFE. I just don't like seeing people short cutting who otherwise shouldn't be on shows.

Can't find it, using the net on my phone so its crap lol! They should have their own page on here if their card is sorted so we can all argue on there lol!

Anyway from ppl I know who are booked, there is katsu, Brett eagle, mintos, lewy paradise, ty mcfly, all people have worked other shows such as ukw so they are hardly all that bad. The iwf has been putting on shows that have been well received for many years so borrowing their talent for the time being is hardly a bad thing. Personally, I'm interested to see what they do and wish them the best.

• Paid Members
Khemical, I didn't mean to put you off going, I don't want to sabotage the chances of a draw and will happily pay for your ticket to prove that.

Don't worry about that, fye!

It's a just a bit disheartening to see yet another upstart with what seems like no idea over-populating the local area when the British independent professional wrestling scene isn't that big a pot to start with. The reason I haven't said anything about NEWS is, I knew you all through wZw and you were always there, willing to help and you had your head screwed on. So when you announced you were getting into promoting, I knew you could have learned from a lot worse as wZw were, I would say, the best promotion at the time in the North East. And you've gone on to prove that with steadily increasing attendances by sticking to "your" venues and putting on a good show all round.

I just waiting for something different. It seems to be the same thing week in, week out. "Promotion X debut show! Featuring wrestlers Y and Z whom you can already see in promotions A, B and C!" They get the same flak, they draw the same crowd numbers. It's just the same-old all the time.

Ok thank you for some of the positive feedback, And i will be first to admit that i am new to this business but not new to hosting shows and festivals with attendance in excess of 3000 people. I do not wanna tread on anyone's toes and with a show in Aycliffe i dont believe i am doing this.

With regards to my trainers I will not mention names for the simple reason that it is not my place to do so if they wish to join the discussion and do so then thats fine.

Please reserve your judgment untill you have experienced a training session with us or seen the show. But i can black and white guarantee that it will be a SHOW with a booking of a band that has featured in metalhammer magazine and is releasing there album at our show as well as all the lighting and atmosphere you would expect in Sports Entertainment.

Bottom line is fella's im a Business man not a wrestler so judge me all you want but by slating something you know nothing about only speaks to your character not mine.

M A Chappell

Pinfall Entertainment

Ok thank you for some of the positive feedback, And i will be first to admit that i am new to this business but not new to hosting shows and festivals with attendance in excess of 3000 people. I do not wanna tread on anyone's toes and with a show in Aycliffe i dont believe i am doing this.

With regards to my trainers I will not mention names for the simple reason that it is not my place to do so if they wish to join the discussion and do so then thats fine.

Please reserve your judgment untill you have experienced a training session with us or seen the show. But i can black and white guarantee that it will be a SHOW with a booking of a band that has featured in metalhammer magazine and is releasing there album at our show as well as all the lighting and atmosphere you would expect in Sports Entertainment.

Bottom line is fella's im a Business man not a wrestler so judge me all you want but by slating something you know nothing about only speaks to your character not mine.

M A Chappell

Pinfall Entertainment

I agree you are not stepping on toes in Aycliffe. Regarding talking about something you don't know though my critique is based on a lot of known info such as level of ability of roster and the fact they wrestle for free as they are not good enough to earn paid bookings. Not all, but most, fall into this category.

i genuinely wish you well despite my thoughts about thibgs and have encouraged more advertising and what kind of areas to hit so i have tried to help and will continue to do so if my advice is wanted.

It really is counter productive and na

M A Chappell

Pinfall Entertainment

I agree you are not stepping on toes in Aycliffe. Regarding talking about something you don't know though my critique is based on a lot of known info such as level of ability of roster and the fact they wrestle for free as they are not good enough to earn paid bookings. Not all, but most, fall into this category.

i genuinely wish you well despite my thoughts about thibgs and have encouraged more advertising and what kind of areas to hit so i have tried to help and will continue to do so if my advice is wanted.

It really is counter productive and na

Archived