Debut Show for SCW - AshingSlam

It's basically CRW isn't it? Good luck fellas

pretty much a similer roster for our first show. however despite a similer line up of talented guys we have a different feel on the go, speaking of which i want to thank CRW for loaning us the ring for the debut, they are class guys and have been willing to help out at any and all oppertunitys.

All though I understand there's a lot of promotions and so many different variations of lettering for these promotions, it may have been best too do some research into the promotions name before using SCW, as stated it seems the current SCW has done a good job of establishing the promotions name in the current area that they run in.

• 2 weeks later...

just answer a few questions.

we did notice that SCW was in use, so we dropped it and was not featured on any of our posters or promo material. was simply turned into AshingSlam,

just to reply to a couple of comments we are not a full on promotion it was just a show that was put on because the Central Social club committee wanted to have a wrestling event to bring new people to the club. so we organised it. separately from any group because it was a risky show, to ask CRW or anyone else to put the time and effort into it with no track record of a draw would have been unfair. Thankfully it was a good event and all the guys on the card and some of the guys not on the card, got paid for there efforts so happy days.

the AshingSlam team are committed in helping CRW with sound and tech because that's what we love to do, and if any local promotion wants sound and tech all they have to do is ask we are easy like that :) just drop me a contact and if we are free from our full time commitments would be happy to help anyone. so to ask why wouldn't we help other promotions instead of running our own show is unfair when time hasn't been taken to ask what we have previously been doing.

either way thanks for the pointers if that's what they were. we take all comments as constructive.

if you didn't get the chance to attend maybe we will catch you if the committee decide to run another one. it was an awesome night in my opinion had a very solid second half for sure.

yeah there was a few problems with roof clearance but i though the guys dealt with it well. if you get a chance and want to check out our Facebook we are going to get the media from the show uploaded asap and we hope despite the name issue we can turn your opinions around, because for a social club to decided that instead of putting on boxing or MMA which is the trend around our area ATM to take a punt and choose the sport we all love deserves a little credit.

our facebook atm is http://www.facebook.com/pages/AshingSlam/183321305057705 hope to see you there.

Fair points ross. also dropping the name was a good idea, not treading on other promotions toes is a must and you seem to have adapted to that well.

any chance of some match results and comments on the matches as not many ukffers made the event if any.

looking forward to seeing the footage

Fair points ross. also dropping the name was a good idea, not treading on other promotions toes is a must and you seem to have adapted to that well.

any chance of some match results and comments on the matches as not many ukffers made the event if any.

looking forward to seeing the footage

Certainly.

so the advertised card was

Lucas Marvel Vs Cohash Mcquade W/ Dyna White, Cohash Mcquade was the winner after dyna interfered on multiple occasions.

JWChambers (debuting some new music) Vs El-Striko, El-striko was the winner

not advertised was a 2 on 1 handicap match with Saxon and JustinJade V Jason Daniels, Saxon got the pin on Daniels after the ref caught him trying to get elevation from the ropes.

Mickey Cain Vs Gary Elliot who was making his professional debut to answer Cain's Open Submissions Challenge. Gary was awarded the victory after Cain refused to let go of the fujiyama arm bar. Cain took out the referee and Lowthian made his way to the ring, Mickey Cain bailed, as lowthian began to take out Gary and call out Perfect Purdie.

first half of the show i felt went well and lowthian did a great job getting the crowed ready for the main event. however the second half was just amazing.

Mickey the mann Vs Caden mickey was victorious after a destroyer. solid match.

Assassin/Jimmy Blade The Instruments of Destruction Vs CK Edwards and Hot-Shot Vs The Minto Brothers (3 Way Dance Tag Match)

CK and Hot-Shot were the first eliminated with The instruments pulling off the victory after a very hard hitting bout. due to the low roof Jimmy blade took out a light rig by launching a mintoe, its was a brick myself moment however looked awsome.

Lowthian Vs Perfect Purdie. the main event was my personal match of the night after reviewing it all and Purdie is a contender in my opinion for a guaranteed booking, his work was excelent and was very very happy to get him after the saint had to pull out of the show. a top main event that i felt got over really well.

we actually have a proper facebook address now. http://www.facebook.com/ashingslam footage and photos from the show will be uploaded there, the intermission title belt photo oppertunitys are already uploaded for the familys of the kids to download for free.

more event photos soon.

Archived