The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

Sorry if answered elsewhere, but does anyone know when the Blue Square Prem fixtures are out? Being a supporter and regular attendee of 3 separate clubs I need my fixtures as soon a poss to work out what happens when!

5th July I think

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if answered elsewhere, but does anyone know when the Blue Square Prem fixtures are out? Being a supporter and regular attendee of 3 separate clubs I need my fixtures as soon a poss to work out what happens when!

5th July I think

Cheers Pinky, I

So Earnie back to Cardiff, what with Taylor signing they are actually making a half decent attempt at building a squad under Mckay. Interesting times

Leicester have signed St Ledger.. Who to be frank is shit without Mawene alongside him to pick up the slack as proved by his disasterous stint and Middlesbro and at PNE with No Mawene

I wonder where all their cash is coming from as their rich chairman isnt actually very rich?

I've not been paying as much attention to the Championship in the last couple of years as I've been busy on Saturdays helping to run a local club. I can't see Bristol City doing all that well this season but it'll be a lot worse if we lose Nicky Maynard. I'll maybe try and make it down to Bristol again at the tail end of the season if I have the time.

I've not been paying as much attention to the Championship in the last couple of years as I've been busy on Saturdays helping to run a local club. I can't see Bristol City doing all that well this season but it'll be a lot worse if we lose Nicky Maynard. I'll maybe try and make it down to Bristol again at the tail end of the season if I have the time.

Glad Im not the only one who isnt going mental re our chances this season

Latest rumour is that we are signing Stephen Crainey, which completely flies in the face of our supposed new transfer policy, 30, high wages and slightly injury prone.

Awesome, not

Glad Im not the only one who isnt going mental re our chances this season

Latest rumour is that we are signing Stephen Crainey, which completely flies in the face of our supposed new transfer policy, 30, high wages and slightly injury prone.

Awesome, not

Average player at best, can't see him making much positive impact at City. I find it worrying that he has managed to get back into the Scotland squad after years away from the team but we're not particularly strong in the left-back area of the team at the moment. I thought he'd be alongside Robbie Stockdale, Maurice Ross & Paul Devlin as the forgotten remnants of Berti Vogts reign.

When he first came through he was direct and could smack a ball really hard, which is often more than enough to have a good career at lower league level. Seems to have gone wrong since he randomly handed in a transfer request mid-season a year or two back deciding he wanted wanted to play league football immediately. Since then he's been a jack of all trades, master of none in the sense he's played defence, midfield and up front but never fully convinced anywhere. If he'd have knuckled down and really worked on being a good right back he could probably be where Neil Taylor is now, seeing them back in 2008 Baynes seemed to be the better prospect to me.

Chester FC beat Tranmere 1-0 in a friendly thanks to Wes Baynes' wonder goal

Taking my 5 year old to his first ever game on saturday as Chester host FC United in the Supporters Cup

TV schedule for npower league games announced for next few months

August

npower Championship

Fri 5 Aug Hull City v Blackpool 7:45pm Sky Sports

npower League 2

Sat 6 Aug AFC Wimbledon v Bristol Rovers 12:45pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 6 Aug Southampton v Leeds United 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sun 7 Aug West Ham United v Cardiff City 1:00pm BBC Sport

Carling Cup Round 1

Tue 9 Aug Leeds United v Bradford City 7:45pm Sky Sports

Carling Cup Round 1

Thu 11 Aug Sheffield Wednesday v Blackpool 7:45pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 20 Aug Peterborough United v Ipswich Town 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sun 21 Aug West Ham United v Leeds United 1:15pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sun 28 Aug Nottingham Forest v West Ham United 1:15pm Sky Sports

September

npower League 2

Sat 3 Sept Swindon Town v Rotherham United 12:15pm Sky Sports

npower League 2

Mon 5 Sept Charlton Athletic v Sheffield Wednesday 7:45pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 10 Sept Coventry City v Derby County 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 17 Sept Southampton v Birmingham City 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Fri 23 Sept Brighton & Hove Albion v Leeds United 7:45pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 24 Sept Watford v Nottingham Forest 5:15pm BBC Sport

npower Championship

Sun 25 Sept Cardiff City v Leicester City 1:15pm Sky Sports

October

npower Championship

Sat 1 Oct Nottingham Forest v Birmingham City 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Fri 14 Oct Doncaster Rovers v Leeds United 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 15 Oct Portsmouth v Barnsley 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sun 16 Oct Birmingham City v Leicester City 1:00pm BBC Sport

npower Championship

Sat 22 Oct Reading v Southampton 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 29 Oct Burnley v Blackpool 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sun 30 Oct Leeds United v Cardiff City 1:15pm Sky Sports

November

npower Championship

Sat 5th Nov Middlesbrough v Watford 5:20pm Sky Sports

npower Championship

Sat 19 Nov Burnley v Leeds United 12:45pm BBC Sport

• Paid Members

Lee Camp

Jamie McAllister

Luke Chambers

Anthony Gerrard

Richard Keogh

Paul Robinson

Andy King

Lewis McGugan ©

Max Gradel

Nicky Maynard

Billy Sharp

• Awards Moderator

Agreed on Portsmouth and 'Boro. Not sure on Hull although it'd be nice to see them come up. I've got a sneaky feeling that Burnley may come back up and I'd have no problems if that happens.

I'm resigned to us (Palace) having another brush with the relegation zone and this time, we may not be so lucky to escape.

Archived