The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Paid Members

I'd be very surprised to see Hull finish outside the top six this season, maybe even the top four actually. Nigel Pearson has been doing a marvellous job there and he did well to turn their form around after a bad start last term. Ultimately that bad start cost them a play-off place because their form after that was really good. What's going on with Bullard Rick, something about a disciplinary being extended? Any news on anyone coming in for him yet? I'm surprised Ipswich haven't looked to pick him up full time after his performances for them last season when he joined on loan, what with the money they pocketed from Sunderland over Wickham.

Speaking of the binners, I wouldn't put it past them to surprise a few people either. Jewell really lifted the glum faces after the ill-fated Keane regime and I think they'll push on again in the new term.

Re; Coventry, it could go either way. They've actually got one or two half decent and dependable players there. I remember last season many people tipped Watford for the drop due to their financial worries and they actually fared really well in comparison.

Really looking forward to having the Football League up and running again this weekend and the Community Shield as well. I'll be watching Hull/Blackpool in the pub. But who to stick my money on?

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What's going on with Bullard Rick, something about a disciplinary being extended? Any news on anyone coming in for him yet? I'm surprised Ipswich haven't looked to pick him up full time after his performances for them last season when he joined on loan, what with the money they pocketed from Sunderland over Wickham.

Suspended for two weeks and has been told to stay away now that's run out. I'm guessing the difference is that the suspension was without pay and now he's being paid to stay at home.

Ipswich can't afford his wages. He's on nearly

• Paid Members
I remember talking to you about this before and the risk and whatnot, but he didn't have a problem at Ipswich and didn't do badly for them at all. He's a risk for sure, but with the money from Wickham I think they'd be able to afford him regardless of whether he dropped his wages or not. Maybe a pay as you play type of deal could come off?

From what I'm hearing, he might be available for free tomorrow!

• Paid Members

Interesting article on Blackpool from the Mail.

Ian Holloway surfaced from a selfimposed silence and 'the worst few months' of his life to lay bare the devastation caused by dropping out of the Barclays Premier League.

It is 74 days since defeat at Manchester United on the last day of the season saw Blackpool's Tangerine dream end in tears as they were relegated from the top flight after one year.

It may have earned the Lancashire club an estimated

• Paid Members
From what I'm hearing, he might be available for free tomorrow!

Thanks for the jinx, rick :p

Archived