The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Newcastle away, Liverpool at home then Man Utd away. Very tough start to the season for Arsenal. Luckily that's two tough teams out of the way early and then a few winnable games before White Hart Lane In October.

Wrong thread, mate.

Yup, just noticed. Still half asleep :sleeping:

Northampton Town have told Rushden & Diamonds supporters they can exchange their Diamonds season ticket for one at Sixfields, at no extra cost.

Diamonds were expelled from the Football Conference at the weekend, but are considering a legal appeal.

The Cobblers have swooped in though, offering League Two football to disillusioned Rushden fans.

"We understand some supporters may take this offer, some may not," said Cobblers chairman David Cardoza.

"But it is a genuine offer to those supporters who will have a void in their weekends this coming season to allow them to come and watch League football at their own prices.

"We have always had a good relationship with Rushden & Diamonds and their supporters, and we recently staged a bucket collection at the England C game at Sixfields to raise money for their fund to try and save their club."

The deal requires Rushden fans who have already purchased their season ticket to hand in their receipt or season ticket book at Sixfields.

An adult season ticket at Nene Park costs between

I can see West Ham getting the same treatment Newcastle got when they came down such as all the championship live games on Sky will feature them except for derby games and all the weekend previews on SkySports.com will have West Ham mentioned first. I know that is too be expected but the amount of coverage Newcastle got was annoying.

The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2 12

League Fixtures are out!

Last post by: mikey

:(

Just kidding. Without sounding like I'm abar fifty, sometimes I think you're better off out the prem. for a bit. At least you'll have less Redknapp, Merson, etc. and the LMA SFA arse-licking society. I'm living in London again next year so will definitely try to get to a C'ship game or two, depending on where I land.

So Danny Haynes wanted by Blackpool, Burnley and Hull.

Barnsley may be for the drop this year if that goes ahead

Haynes is super fast, if he sorts his finishing out and gets more accurate would be a very decent acquisiton can play on the wing as well as up front.

Ive a funny feeling that fighting for the relegation places will be

Barnsley

Watford

Peterborough

Doncaster

Cardiff ( maybe see if Malky can get a team together)

Us

Millwall

As for going up

Brum

West Ham

Leicester

Forest

Brighton ( this seasons surprise package)

The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2 12

League Fixtures are out!

Last post by: mikey

:(

Just kidding. Without sounding like I'm abar fifty, sometimes I think you're better off out the prem. for a bit. At least you'll have less Redknapp, Merson, etc. and the LMA SFA arse-licking society. I'm living in London again next year so will definitely try to get to a C'ship game or two, depending on where I land.

I'm seriously pumped for the new season. A whole new set of challenges, games against Millwall, Leeds and Cardiff, trips away to places you don't get to see like Doncaster and Peterborough. I've said time and again, the Premier League is a greed-filled whorehouse of a league and I personally would love for it to change. It won't. If our board are serious about promotion - and seeing the manager and players we've signed, they are - then it should be a glorious season filled with awesome away trips and thumping home wins, which would be just what the doctor ordered after four years of inferiority and selling anything that wasn't nailed down. Even if it's none of that, it's still not being under the microscope, being able to enjoy and discuss the game without idiots chiming in.

Dirty leeds first up for Southampton, really looking forward to next season, league one is just turgid utter shit, and I hope I never have to live through two seasons like that ever again, but it was nice to dick on everyone pretty much every week, especially when we won 15 out of our last 17 games last season

Archived