WWEs Top 25 Managers

Snitsky's back acne

I think the top managers either had a long association with a proper star like Ellering or Dillon did or consistently managed for long periods, even if their guys changed such as Fuji, Heenan, Jimmy Hart, etc. I enjoyed Estrada's work but wouldnt say he should be regarded as a top manager, I can see why others would though if their criteria is different to mine. Steph also should be in, I overlooked that

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Think they got it fairly spot on. The top 2 are undebatable IMO, I'd have had Vickie Guerrero further down with Wippleman and Cornette up a few spots. I've never seen much of Skaaland, only heard the name in passing with his stints managing Backlund and Sammartino.

I agree with it largely. Would have liked to have seen Cornette and Heyman slightly higher but that's a personal preference thing.

Heyman's work as Brock's manager was pretty perfect. Even the way he said "Brock Lesnar" was spot on.

As I said in the comments thread, which Carbomb picked up on.

I think it's a shame Johnny Polo isn't in this list. Obviously there is reasons why, but he was immensly better than some of the other duds on that list.

This list was also done in 2009 and interestingly 411Mania posted the list with their placing in the 2009 list in brackets:

25. (DNP) The Genius

24. (22) Marlena

23. (21) Michael Hayes

22. (DNP) Armando Estrada

21. (14) Teddy Long

20. (19) Oliver Humperdink

19. (DNP) Stephanie McMahon

18. (15) Harvey Whippleman

17. (DNP) The Million Dollar Man

16. (12) Slick

15. (DNP) Vickie Guerrero

14. (20) Paul Ellering

13. (8) Miss Elizabeth

12. (DNP) Paul Heyman

11. (13) Sunny

10. (9) Mr. Fuji

9. (DNP) Jim Cornette

8. (6) Arnold Skaaland

7. (4) Paul Bearer

6. (7) The Grand Wizard

5. (11) Sensational Sherri

4. (3) Capt. Lou Albano

3. (2) Feddie Blassie

2. (5) Jimmy Hart

1. (1) Bobby Heenan

People that were on the 2009 list and that did not appear on this list were Frenchy Martin , Gary Hart, Jason, Johnny Valiant , Bill Alphonso, James Dudley , JJ Dillon.

This list was also done in 2009 and interestingly 411Mania posted the list with their placing in the 2009 list in brackets:

12. (DNP) Paul Heyman

9. (DNP) Jim Cornette

Big improvements there. They must have really stepped their game up in the last couple of years.......

• Paid Members

It's hard to debate some of the names deserve a place on there considering that there probably haven't been many more than 25 managers in the history of the fed. There are plenty of managers on that list however that shouldn't have got in over Polo since they managed no champions compared to Polo's three-times tag team champion Quebecers.

It's hard to debate some of the names deserve a place on there considering that there probably haven't been many more than 25 managers in the history of the fed. There are plenty of managers on that list however that shouldn't have got in over Polo since they managed no champions compared to Polo's three-times tag team champion Quebecers.

True, but then if you were using that criteria, you'd probably have to give some consideration to that annoying bastard Coach. I suppose you could use the get-out that he only took over managing an existing champ.

Actually, even though he was technically an advisor, financial consultant or whatever, Perfect could be in there for that year period from late 91 until late 92. He was great with Flair.

• Paid Members

Worth noting that when Polo took the Quebecers to three tag team titles, we are talking about the era when that was a feat that had only been previously achieved by four pairings since the formation of the WWWF, and only Demolition and Money Inc since the national expansion. Fabled teams like the Road Warriors and Steiners had not nor did not manage that, Jacques & Pierre did under JP's guidance.

Archived