Thought I'd share this with you.

Ravenhill Promotions

I thought i'd share this with you, we hear so much on this forum about promotions embarrassing wrestling and fans basically ridiculing the 'wrestlers' etc, so when I received this email today I thought to myself "You know, when done correctly, wrestling can be so good for so many people"

The email I received is below:

Dear sir/madam

I am emailing you as i have a 19 year old daughter with aspergers syndrome a form of autism where she struggles with social / communication skills. My daughter doesnt have any friends so spends alot of her time watching wrestling videos on youtube and on tv, one of her favourite wrestling companies is Welsh wrestling and her favourite wrestlers are James mason, stevie starr, flash morgan, big dog and the masked outlaw. I was kindly wondering if any of the wrestlers had a spare 10 minutes if they could send my daughter some signed merchandise, i understand they are very busy people and must get alot of fan mail so this may not be possible but it would mean alot to my daughter.

Please reply

Thank you

M Tonner

As you can imagine it was very warming to the heart to receive such an email, and makes me believe in what we are doing here at Welsh Wrestling, even more than I already did before. And to be honest it's not just about Welsh Wrestling, it's about how British Wrestling can make a difference to peoples lives if done properly. You don't have to be John Cena or Hulk Hogan to make somebody happy, you just have to be good at what you do in the ring and entertain the fans who turn up. Now i've contacted this family, and not only will they get a bag full of merchandise but I've offered them free tickets to Welsh Wrestling shows in their local area.

I thought i'd share this with you, we hear so much on this forum about promotions embarrassing wrestling and fans basically ridiculing the 'wrestlers' etc, so when I received this email today I thought to myself "You know, when done correctly, wrestling can be so good for so many people"

Dear sir/madam

I am emailing you as i have a 19 year old daughter with aspergers syndrome a form of autism where she struggles with social / communication skills. My daughter doesnt have any friends so spends alot of her time watching wrestling videos on youtube and on tv, one of her favourite wrestling companies is Welsh wrestling and her favourite wrestlers are James mason, stevie starr, flash morgan, big dog and the masked outlaw. I was kindly wondering if any of the wrestlers had a spare 10 minutes if they could send my daughter some signed merchandise, i understand they are very busy people and must get alot of fan mail so this may not be possible but it would mean alot to my daughter.

Please reply

Thank you

M Tonner

As you can imagine it was very warming to the heart to receive such an email, and makes me believe in what we are doing here at Welsh Wrestling, even more than I already did before. And to be honest it's not just about Welsh Wrestling, it's about how British Wrestling can make a difference to peoples lives if done properly. You don't have to be John Cena or Hulk Hogan to make somebody happy, you just have to be good at what you do in the ring and entertain the fans who turn up. Now i've contacted this family, and not only will they get a bag full of merchandise but I've offered them free tickets to Welsh Wrestling shows in their local area.

Spot on buddy , lets hope she can come to a show or 2 , it might help her more than most would think.

Any chance you could inbox me her name and address and i'll send he some stuff as well :thumbsup:

Dear sir/madam

Please reply

Thank you

M Tonner

Spot on buddy , lets hope she can come to a show or 2 , it might help her more than most would think.

Any chance you could inbox me her name and address and i'll send he some stuff as well :thumbsup:

Not a problem mate, obviously i'll have to get the families permission to give out their address first.

As a father, im not ashamed to say that when i read " she doesnt have any friends", i welled up a bit.

Very nice gesture with the tickets Mr Ravenhill. A top bloke you are, and im sure when she recieves the merch and the free tickets she will be so thrilled.

Kind of reminds me of the old adage " Do something every day that makes someone else smile".

I sent a joke email out to a company like this during my A Levels too to basically get company responses for a portfolio, Jakks Pacific even sent me about a dozen or so boxed brand new figures which was pretty cool, especially as I found out one wasnt even released and was a prototype they scrapped.

Going a bit off topic. I think there is lots to be learned about Aspergers in general.

It was a good read though, and nice to see that not everyone pulls out the old "oh, so you must be like the rainman then?" card. :thumbsup:

And i should know. I was diagnosed with Aspergers some 8 years ago, It's part of the reason why i might appear strange at times. :alien:

I can co sign on the fact that the girl the mail was about, will be so happy that you would not belive it. Such gestures can do wonders for Aspies.

and once again. Well done :thumbsup:

Brilliant Post as a another person who has aspergers that email did make me well up a little bit about the part she has no friends I am lucky I may have aspergers but I am lucky to have friends and understand that some people with aspergers are not so lucky. I also feel it's harder for girls with aspergers as it is more rare for them to have it and other girls are less likely to understand about aspergers as a guy it's much easier as my friends just think of me as the odd guy that supports Wolves thankfully they have never seen Rainman as I think I might get a new nickname from them.

Archived