Great B Movies

ScottT07

Great shout on Killer Clowns fucking cracker of a film.

Some recs from me NFSW just to be safe.

The Subspecies Series and spin off Vampire Journals may up the street of people into low budget Vampire films.

Trailers better explain the following films.

Class of Nuke Em High - Trailer:

Street Trash - Trailer:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

A lot of horror here.

If you can, catch "Brave New World" - Leonard Nimoy's the star feature, but not the main character. Set in an Equilibrium-type future, where people are conditioned to suppress their emotions, and are aided in this by the ingestion of a drug called...wait for it...Somas. The main plot is about how a couple from this society venture outside into the "wild lands", where they meet a man who has all his emotions intact yet wishes to live with them. They take him back to their society, and he's treated simultaneously like a celebrity and a freak. Cue all sorts of problems and issues.

Actually quite an enjoyable movie, if you don't mind the relatively basic production values. Can't remember what the acting was like, it was on Channel 4 at 3am 9, 10 years ago. I remember watching it all the way through, though.

Dunno if it qualifies, but 'The ringing singing tree' is amazing. A german production that was serialised with subs by the BBC in the sixties. Terrible production values, HILARIOUS make up and effects ( a guy in a bear costume that looks like an angry weetabix), but somehow manages to be quite haunting. Sadly, it's chefly remembered for the Fast Show taking the piss out of it.

Available here.

• Paid Members
A lot of horror here.

If you can, catch "Brave New World" - Leonard Nimoy's the star feature, but not the main character. Set in an Equilibrium-type future, where people are conditioned to suppress their emotions, and are aided in this by the ingestion of a drug called...wait for it...Somas. The main plot is about how a couple from this society venture outside into the "wild lands", where they meet a man who has all his emotions intact yet wishes to live with them. They take him back to their society, and he's treated simultaneously like a celebrity and a freak. Cue all sorts of problems and issues.

Actually quite an enjoyable movie, if you don't mind the relatively basic production values. Can't remember what the acting was like, it was on Channel 4 at 3am 9, 10 years ago. I remember watching it all the way through, though.

I saw this, more recently though, within the last 5 or 6 years. Quite enjoyed it aswell but then again it was in the early hours of the morning...

Great shout on Killer Clowns fucking cracker of a film.

Some recs from me NFSW just to be safe.

The Subspecies Series and spin off Vampire Journals may up the street of people into low budget Vampire films.

Trailers better explain the following films.

Class of Nuke Em High - Trailer:

Street Trash - Trailer:

I was going to say pretty much any Troma film. either of the 2 mentioned above, Toxic Avenger, Sgt Kabukiman, Surf Nazis must die, Tromas war, Poultrygueist, Tromeo and Juliet, there are some many great movies from that company.

A pretty good film you can get for cheap is Hatchet, its a tribute to slasher movies pretty much, the sequel comes out soon.

Critters is always worth a shout too.

Im with the Killer Klowns love.

Terror Firmer is pretty much the ultimate B-movie - a serial killer roaming around the set of a low-budget film, picking off the cast and crew one by one. It's made by Troma (who else?) and it's a fucking winner. Pretty much all of Troma's in-house stuff is fantastic, really.

I'll add a few others to the list as well:

The Zombie Dead

Frankenhooker

Slither

Trick 'R Treat

Full Moon High

Redneck Zombies

And as someone else said earlier, Peter Jackson's earlier films (Bad Taste, Braindead, Meet The Feebles) are well worth a look if you're into that kind of stuff. I'll join in with the love for Killer Klowns, Sleepaway Camp and Black Sheep as well.

Some more B with a varying degree of Good/Crap ratio

C.H.U.D

Howling VI: The Freaks

The Exterminator

Mask of the Ninja

Abel Ferrara's Invasion of the Body Snatchers (The other 2 versions are also well worth it and guess they are also B movies)

Matinee

The Wraith

Ghoulies

Explorers

Quartermass and the Pit

Them!

Im Gunna Git You Sucka

• Paid Members
Darkman

The People Under The Stairs

Both very excellent suggestions.

Thank you!

I remember watching them as part of the Moviedrome seasons hosted by Alex Cox on BBC 2.

Not all of the ones they chose are classed as 'B Movies', and some of them are not that good, but the list (found here http://www.kurtodrome.net/moviedrome.htm ) is a good one for some must-see classic films.

It also introduced me to ones (some already mentioned here) like Vamp, Aligator, Psychomania, The Warriors.

Archived