Sign in to follow this  
extacy of farts

Premier League 2011/2012 Discussion

Swansea need to sign Laudrup up today, just to ease my nagging worry that Harry may make his way to Wales.

Is this a case of a rumour was spread, Redknapp spoke to Levy and his position became untenable?

The general consensus amongst those that claim to be "in the know" at Spurs seems to be that as i've been saying for a while things weren't right due to numerous reasons ( Harry losing all interest when he thought he was going to England being the main one) but last week he apparently went too far.

He hired Rooneys agent and started making a play for a big fat new contract. His timing was awful though as Levy was burying a relative on the day it started. Anyway he overplayed his hand, didn't want a rolling deal on the same money so we let him go.

Been a strange 4 years. The most successful Spurs side since i was a toddler probably but i've never taken to Redknapp. For me personally this isn't about the grass being greener or thinking were too good for 4th. No, this is me just relieved that i don't have to force myself to try and like a man i wouldn't trust as far as i can throw.

From the outside it must seem crazy for us to get rid of him but the constant insults to the fans and his gob in general made sure many of us never warmed to him.

Where now though? Lots of names being mentioned. AVB seems to be the current favourite. I'm not convinced in him though. We have arguably the best training ground in Europe opening up in July so whoever comes will be a lucky man in many ways. Personally i think i want Benitez. Experienced, a student of the game had vast success everywhere but one bad spell at Inter and is gettable.