Sign in to follow this  
extacy of farts

Premier League 2011/2012 Discussion

i think we'll finish 2nd/3rd were probably more set up for europe like liverpool were under benitez, wish they would sort out this sanchez transfer sick of reading he's going city/united/ barcelona, off another forum rumoured leaked 1st day fixtures

Arsenal - fulham

bolton - sunderland

everton - spurs

man utd - Qpr

norwich - wolves

west brom - aston villa

newcastle - wigan

stoke - liverpool

chelsea - blackburn

swansea - man city

Well, that went well.

Blackburn V Wolves

Fulham V Aston Villa

Liverpool V Sunderland

Man City V Swansea

Newcastle V Arsenal

QPR V Bolton

Stoke V Chelsea

Spurs V Everton

West Brom V Man Utd

Wigan V Norwich

Arsenal have been raped with the first three games! Chelsea's are piss easy as usual. United's are tricky but two at home so they should start well. Liverpool have got two mickey mouse teams at home and a trip to Arsenal so they should start well too. Man City have a trip to Spurs up third but two very winnable games before that. Gonna be a cracking start to the season.

Not liking Norwich's run-in! Jesus.

April

7 Everton (H)

9 Tottenham (A)

14 Man City (H)

21 Blackburn (A)

28 Liverpool (H)

May

5 Arsenal (A)

13 Aston Villa (H)

Today is the worst day in the footballing calendar, why people get so excited and obsessed with fixture lists is beyond me. To see Tony Cascafuckingrino on SSN analysing each teams fixtures and run ins is astounding. It means fuck all, fixtures get moved anyway due to TV, FA Cup, posponements, Carling Cup etc and every team plays each other twice, home and away.

Our first 3 are Newcastle away, Liverpool home and United away. I'm only not happy from a cost point of view, 2 expensive away journeys and Liverpool is a "category A" fixture so tickets with the price hike are going to be about 70 quid. Balls to that, won't be going to any games in August then.

Not liking Norwich's run-in! Jesus.

April

7 Everton (H)

9 Tottenham (A)

14 Man City (H)

21 Blackburn (A)

28 Liverpool (H)

May

5 Arsenal (A)

13 Aston Villa (H)

Peace of piss mate.

Scary run in, but if we can do what Stoke did upon their Premier League debut and wrap up survival reasonably early on, then hopefully everything will be cushty.

And who do we get for our big return, our first match back, the first big test?...Fucking Wigan away. And we'll fucking lose as well, because we're always shit on the opening day. We'll probably do alright after that though.

P.S- I bet we'll be on last as well. No disrespect to Wigan and ourselves, but as a neutral that fixture hardly screams Premiership esque glamour.

Edited by El Nicko Loco

Today is the worst day in the footballing calendar, why people get so excited and obsessed with fixture lists is beyond me. To see Tony Cascafuckingrino on SSN analysing each teams fixtures and run ins is astounding. It means fuck all, fixtures get moved anyway due to TV, FA Cup, posponements, Carling Cup etc and every team plays each other twice, home and away.

I understand what your saying here but not going to agree on the 'everyone plays each other twice' comment as if it puts everyone on an even playing field.

You need luck with the fixtures as well in that your champions league games for example don't have any tough premier league fixtures before/after and that you don't have too many big games in succession, a good run in helps and a good Christmas fixture list.

I haven't actually taken a look at each teams fixtures but you do need luck with them as well, ultimately the best teams will finish in the right positions yes, but the fixtures can play a part in that as well and it helps to have a bit of luck, much like you need to have luck in avoiding injuries etc.

Edited by denzel_maggiore

Fixtures at the start has been very kind for us and McLeish, Fulham away first - usually do well at the Cottage.

Just saw Bolton's first lot of fixtures, wow they will be hanging around the relegation zone after these games imo:

QPR

Man City

Liverpool

Man Utd

Norwich

Arsenal

Chelsea

Easily the hardest start of any team.

I understand what your saying here but not going to agree on the 'everyone plays each other twice' comment as if it puts everyone on an even playing field.

You need luck with the fixtures as well in that your champions league games for example don't have any tough premier league fixtures before/after and that you don't have too many big games in succession, a good run in helps and a good Christmas fixture list.

I haven't actually taken a look at each teams fixtures but you do need luck with them as well, ultimately the best teams will finish in the right positions yes, but the fixtures can play a part in that as well and it helps to have a bit of luck, much like you need to have luck in avoiding injuries etc.

But generally over a season every side will have a patch of playing higher up teams and then a patch playing the bottom teams. The Champions League thing matters but not so much for the group stages which are almost a guaranteed qualification for English sides now and we dont yet know the knockout dates or if the teams will get right to the end of the competition anyway.

Plus nobody really knwos whether it helps to play your rivals and bigger sides early/mid/late ina season or whether its good to have an easier run at the start or a nice run towards the end. It just doesnt matter really and to see people going nuts over them and reading through picking out things they find unfair or beneficial is daft.

EDIT: I do agree with one thing though and thats what Dalglish said, why not start all the games on the Sunday/Monday night seeing as theres an International friendly on the Weds night and there are no mid week games the first week of the season as far as I know.

Edited by Van Dammer