Greatest Ever Survivor Series Team

scott_2k16

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best match for Substitutes?

Survivor Series 91 when it was supposed to be

Jim Duggan, Texas Tornado, The Dragon and Jim Neidhart vs Col Mustafa, Big Bully Busick, Berzerker and Skinner

but ended up being

Duggan, Tornado, Santana & Slaughter v Mustafa, Skinner, Berzerker & Hercules

And the great thing about that was it meant Hercules continued a streak of appearing on every PPV since Wrestlemania 2.

• Paid Members
And the great thing about that was it meant Hercules continued a streak of appearing on every PPV since Wrestlemania 2.

Random thought - at this point, Hitman had the same streak going on, but famously didn't make it to the very next PPV, Royal Rumble 1992, due to his "influenza and 104 degree fever."

Brain said something about "I wrestled once with 124 degree fever" which tickled me.

Random thought - at this point, Hitman had the same streak going on, but famously didn't make it to the very next PPV, Royal Rumble 1992, due to his "influenza and 104 degree fever."

Brain said something about "I wrestled once with 124 degree fever" which tickled me.

Ah, but the next PPV really was Tuesday in Texas. Herc didn't make that, but Bret did.

• Paid Members
Ah, but the next PPV really was Tuesday in Texas. Herc didn't make that, but Bret did.

FUCKBALLS, how did I forget the excellent Tuesday In Texas? CURSE the WWF violating the standard formula. (doffs cap)

Hmm.... just realized that a new WWF Champion was crowned 4 PPVs in a row between the last two of 1991 and the first two of 1992, practically unheard of at the time, and a happening we wouldn't see again until lord knows when!

(thinks hard)

Last two of 2008, first two of 2009? Edge at Survivors, Jeff at Armageddon, Edge at Rumble, Trips at Elimination Chamber. Is that right?

Archived