Greatest Ever Survivor Series Team

scott_2k16

• Paid Members
Fuck Tito. He said in an interview that if he'd have gotten the Hulkamania or the Stone Cold push from the WWF, he'd have been as big as Austin, Hogan and Rock. "TS'ALL IN DA PUSH" as he says. Nutter. He owns a hairdressers which goes a long way to explaining that El Matador outfit he used to have.

He would've been bigger. Imagine in 1998, the crowd spending shitloads on Sombrero's instead of 3:16 shirts. At Wrestlemania 3, after slamming Andre the Giant, he shouts 'Ole' and raises his fist in the air. Or maybe not...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Survivor Series 2003

Team Lesnar: Brock Lesnar, The Big Show, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones and A-Train

Oh yes!

Another one where there opponents were very impressive although more about what they would become apart from Holly

Team Angle : Angle, Beniot, Cena, Bradshaw and Hardcore Holly

It takes some doing to have Brock Lesnar as your monster heel world champ and put him in a five man team where he's the shortest.

Let's not forget Andre, Butch Reed, King Kong Bundy, Rick Rude and One Man Gang from '87. That's one bad-ass team there - and alot of big fuckers who'd eat some of todays talent. I got to admit after reading another thread on here, wrestlers like this were way better - they just seemed almost super human and not like 'normal' people!

This was a great team

Survivor Series 2003

Team Lesnar: Brock Lesnar, The Big Show, Matt Morgan, Nathan Jones and A-Train

Oh yes!

But I think this one was the best ever, There is nothing better than a team of monster heels.

That Survivor Series was shit because they tried to make all the teams a mixture of main eventers and midcarders. The first one was best because they had all the main-eventers in one match, mid-carders in another, tag teams in another and women in another.

What I love about the Survivor Series 89 intro is the way Vince clearly had to tape over what he'd recorded for the Kings Court v the 4x4s when Barry Windham was replaced by Earthquake. "AND THE EARTHQUAKE".

It's the polar opposite of the Michelle McCool 'Loser leaves WWE' bit from Smackdown a couple of months ago.

Best team? There are so many great ones. One that hasn't been mentioned but should be just for how cool it was was the Foreign Fanatics. Watched on its own, it's completely incongruous that The Mountie is in the main event. Yes, I know he was part of the Quebecers at the time, but Pierre wasn't there that night.

Also, I loved the team of of Bulldog, Neidhart and Furnas & Lafon from 1997 (though that team isn't as cool as some of the other ones).

Worst team? Sgt Slaughter and his Army of Jobbers has to be up there. Boris Zhukof ffs!

The Perfect team from 1990

I also think that most of the team from 1991 event was excellent, everyone of them had star factor.

I always use to wonder why the WWF did not continue the Ultimate Team of Survival (Last match of the 90 PPV) thought it was a great idea.

they'd buried demolition that badly between sslam 90 and sseries 90 that basically the perfect team consisted of mr perfect and bobby heenan

Worst team? Sgt Slaughter and his Army of Jobbers has to be up there. Boris Zhukof ffs!

Sure I read that Zhukov was a late replacement for Akeem who did a bolt shortly before the event.

that ppview gets some shit but i loved it, basically that match was put togerther to build up slaughter for the warrior, why was savage not on event? also rude was quickly replaced at the ppview by haku or barbarian, at the time i think akeem,bn brown and rude were gone and bulldog,mountie and nasty's came in too late

• Paid Members

Savage did a tag match at WrestleMania VI, a glorified squash match at SummerSlam 90 where the Dusty Rhodes wanted to get back to the locker room to fight Ted DiBiase, he never worked Survivor Series and he never worked the Royal Rumble 91. It was a good year where he wasnt up to much. Then he had that match with the Warrior and took the rest of the year off. He wasnt working much in the early 90s looking back. Wonder why? And the lazy git was getting carried to the ring by jobbers on his throne. So he wasnt ever walking to the ring! Must have been a good year.

Sure I read that Zhukov was a late replacement for Akeem who did a bolt shortly before the event.

that ppview gets some shit but i loved it, basically that match was put togerther to build up slaughter for the warrior, why was savage not on event? also rude was quickly replaced at the ppview by haku or barbarian, at the time i think akeem,bn brown and rude were gone and bulldog,mountie and nasty's came in too late

Frigging awesome event! I love SS 90. The last few minutes of Hart vs DiBiase, The introduction of The Undertaker (who thought that would last?!), Slaughters crazy speech in the aisle, The grand match of survival. Great event. It was Haku who was the substitute for Rude and Zhukoff forAkeem. If you look in the November 1990 (Warrior) issue of the WWF magazine theres a page with all the teams and they're original members come the December (Tornado) issue they'd superimposed the new members on.

Archived